Velotix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DL-6?! Guess that'd explain Von Karma. He looks....Okay. Wish they got some sort of evil German guy instead but it is going to be a Japanese movie. Now I got to replay the final case again.

That Tech though keeps confusing me...

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh god, Von Karma looks fat.. and Japanese.., Maya looks fake, Mia looks old, and Edgeworth looks... off.
Atleast the evidence projection thingy looks cool.

I can't even express the hatred I have towards Crapcom and that director right now.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh god, Von Karma looks fat, Maya looks fake, Mia looks old, and Edgeworth looks... off.

I can't even express the hatred I have towards Crapcom and that director right now.

Game characters - clearly American.
Japanese actors - Japanese.

Sorry, but the director cannot perform a mirracle and suddenly change the ethnicity of his actors. Moreover, Capcom only lends the license to the director, the final product's shape is in the director's and the producer's hands.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh god, Von Karma looks fat, Maya looks fake, Mia looks old, and Edgeworth looks... off.

Game characters - clearly American.
Japanese actors - Japanese.

Sorry, but the director cannot perform a mirracle and suddenly change the ethnicity of his actors. Moreover, Capcom only lends the license to the director, the final product's shape is in the director's and the producer's hands.

My hatred with Crapcom is that they don't localize the movie, I didn't state that clearly enough, oh well.
My hatred with the director is how the costume design looks. Even if they can't get a German actor, they couldn't found one that wasn't so fat. He looks like a squirming caterpillar.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I believe localization matters are out of Capcom's hands - they only lend the license to the studio.

As for the casting, yes, Von Karma seems a bit out of character, but I think the rest of the cast is chosen quite accurate. I wouldn't judge this movie by the cover, I'd much rather watch it first. From what I've seen, it doesn't look half that bad.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I still stand by my view of how Edgeworth looks a bit off to me. Maybe it was his tan.

Though unfortunately, the majority of us won't actually understand the specific dialogue, Atleast we'll know what's going on, since it actually ties in the the cases in the first game. I wonder how Von Karma is going to bang his head.. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)