First Heart Gold/Soul Silver footage appears

Dialga.The.Maste

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Teej said:
Some gameplay of the recently announced Pokemon Generation II remakes, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, have appeared on Japanese TV. The video shows what is presumably New Bark Town, the beginning area in Pokemon Gold/Silver, with a Turtwig following the player. If anybody was in doubt, yes, these remakes are definitely using the same engine Pokemon Diamond and Pearl used. Unfortunately, not much else is shown the video, but it's a little teaser for a game which will almost certainly be shown more in depth at E3 next month.

LOL that's a Chickorita not a Turtwig.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honest question here, can someone explain the basic difference between different releases of Pokemon, or is it just new creatures each iteration?

NaokiKitsuhine

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Fire Red and Leaf Green uses the same engine that Sapphire and Ruby used

it's just a remake with the actual gen graphics, but this don't matter, its pokemon GOLD and SILVER in our actual gen =D

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
jesterscourt said:
Honest question here, can someone explain the basic difference between different releases of Pokemon, or is it just new creatures each iteration?
Differences in each pokemon generation:
-Number of monsters
-originality
-locations (basically, where should you go next)
-the space object taken as a name
-number of confusing items
-number of useful features

Things kept in each generation:
-The evil team uses a space object as the name
-A gym leader is destined to be defeated, which makes us wonder how did they chose the leader and why in the first place
-A 12 year old kid will always win
-There are 8 badges for each territory

difference between the same generations:
-set of monsters, and that's that

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rofl2.gif

Those people are trippin'!

Looks good...but looks like more Diamond/Pearl (Platinum). No surprise, of course. And we can assume they put as little effort into the battle animations...again.
dry.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, I could care less about a freakin door's animation, give the Pokemon more love and frames! Dammit! At least have more than 2 frames for a lonely bird
dry.gif

Also, They really should put some good use for that touchscreen, at least let us have some scrollbar instead of scrolling ball....

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Screw gold and silver, I want a crystal remake. That one I might actually waste my time on.
tongue.gif
I loved crystal, it was the first game I got with my GameBoy Color. A DS remake of it would actually be good.
I got lost when they introduced Hoenn. Johto and Kanto was far enough as it is. Not to mention, I had the first 300~ pokemon memorized. When they introduced yet another region, I said screw it. I stopped at Johto, which is what makes this release kind of catch my attention.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KDH said:
Is there any word yet on whether or not the Johto/Kanto travel will be in these?
My guess is that if it's a GS remake, Kanto will be there as much as Johto as Kanto was pretty much half of the game. Besides, you needed to go to Kanto to get to the Elite Four.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Skyline969 said:
Screw gold and silver, I want a crystal remake. That one I might actually waste my time on.
tongue.gif
I loved crystal, it was the first game I got with my GameBoy Color. A DS remake of it would actually be good.
I got lost when they introduced Hoenn. Johto and Kanto was far enough as it is. Not to mention, I had the first 300~ pokemon memorized. When they introduced yet another region, I said screw it. I stopped at Johto, which is what makes this release kind of catch my attention.
Seconded

However, as greedy as Nintendo can be, after you take away Heart and Soul, what prefix can you possibly use for Crystal? Imagine Heart Gold, Soul Silver, and Body Crystal lol

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Any word on if this will have animated sprites? I didn't play FR/LG, so I don't know how they handled one of the staple features of the third version of the gens series. It's not a big deal, but they're nice.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Skyline969 said:
tongue.gif
Seconded

However, as greedy as Nintendo can be, after you take away Heart and Soul, what prefix can you possibly use for Crystal? Imagine Heart Gold, Soul Silver, and Body Crystal lol
Should be Mind Crystal, then it would sort of match up with the three legendary psychics.

And I don't see why people are saying Heart Gold is a weird name. The phrase "heart of gold" is used pretty commonly in my opinion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_gold

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Everyone has already called you on your evident lack of Pokemon knowledge, but it's my turn and I'm gonna call you on your lack of video game industry knowledge.

This WILL NOT be shown AT ALL at next month's E3.
Know why?
Because E3 takes place in America.
Since this game was JUST announced in Japan, it'll be months from now before Nintendo of America even acknowledges it exists, let alone announces it for a North American release. That's always been the case with their Pokemon titles... and basically ANY title that isn't the biggest flagship (like Mario and Zelda).

Therefore, I submit that this game will not even be mentioned at E3.

freakazaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what they should add to the pokemon games are fully animated battle scenes ala super robot taisen games

it doesn't have to have explosions and whatnot, but at least spice the battle scenes up. i tolerated the plain old fights back in the gb and gba but it's kinda disappointing this generation especially with the games being on better hardware

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
em2241992 said:
I personally like the look so far, I also love what the game makers did to turtwig, looks just like chikorita now
wink2.gif
. The overview and the tiles are nice to me, hope to see more info soon, cant wait
yaynds.gif

LOL! my favourite reply:)

anyways, looking forward to this game, im going to play soul silver. i never play both versions but i do play the "third" version of them.

Pokemon Blue (and yellow)
Pokemon Silver (and crystal)
Pokemon Pearl (and platinum)
Pokemon Soul Silver:D

yah, i skipped a generation, i gave up on pokemon then.

Camshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Woot, bring it on
biggrin.gif
let's see it. And I hope there's some good stuff going to happen
biggrin.gif
, be good to go old school again
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up +1