Hacking First GC MultiGame ISO Creator Attempt: Failure :(

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As far as i have seen it, the audio streams are regular files in the .gcm structure and the audio reads(command to start playing a stream) that are coming from the games use the same type of offsets as the data reads. So the modchip would only need to bend the audio read in the same way it bends the data read. And that should be possible, as modchips mess with the drive and audio streams on DVD-Rs are on a totally different position than they are on a retail GC disc anyways.

I think the "audio fix" is required on some modchips, because there are 2 different kinds of streaming and i bet cheap chips only support one of them, so the other type needs to be converted.

PS: This is from the same expecting point of view that sees WODE failing horribly as it doesn't supoort audio streaming while it even replaces the whole drive

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So then my choices are to use 3.5.4, whih forces my NTSC games to PAL mode, and then I have to use another loader to force them back to NTSC mode... basically meaning I am converting NTSC to PAL then back to NTSC (dosen't this cause lag or other video issues?)

.... or use version 4.0 which sets it to NTSC mode but.......... doesn't work at all? >.<

I am just wondering how he could have even released 4.0 if it doesn't work at all whatsoever, didn't he test it?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cyber Akuma said:
So then my choices are to use 3.5.4, whih forces my NTSC games to PAL mode, and then I have to use another loader to force them back to NTSC mode... basically meaning I am converting NTSC to PAL then back to NTSC (dosen't this cause lag or other video issues?)

.... or use version 4.0 which sets it to NTSC mode but.......... doesn't work at all? >.<

I am just wondering how he could have even released 4.0 if it doesn't work at all whatsoever, didn't he test it?

I guess version 4 works on some modchip and NeoGamma could be updated to work with it too, but i don't know the structure of the discs it creates.

Anyways, with 3.x you get a PAL disc, and if you want to use it in disc channel, you just need to patch it to NTSC. The whole difference is just 1 different character, video modes are not touched by patching it. PAL games that don't contain NTSC video modes won't work in NTSC, but all NTSC games should.

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Anyways, with 3.x you get a PAL disc, and if you want to use it in disc channel, you just need to patch it to NTSC. The whole difference is just 1 different character, video modes are not touched by patching it. PAL games that don't contain NTSC video modes won't work in NTSC, but all NTSC games should.

Geez, sorry for taking so long to reply to this topic.

Anyway, so you are saying to create a pal iso in 3.5 then patch it to NTSC?

What program could I use for this? I tried googling it but all I got were 5 or so year old programs that claim they don't support pal to ntsc.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It just needs to patch the disc to say it is NTSC. Patching PAL games to be played on NTSC tvs is a different matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...