"First and only" DLC expansion for The Outer Wilds announced during Annapurna Interactive Showcase

The Outer Wilds, Mobius Digital's time loop action-adventure title from 2019, has just had its "first and only" expansion announced as part of publisher Annapurna Interactive's first digital showcase. Titled Echoes of the Eye, it is expected to release September 28. Creative Director Alex Beachum explained that it will be seamlessly integrated into the existing narrative and gameplay, rather than standing as a separate adventure.

Some other noteworthy titles detailed at the showcase include Neon White, a parkour FPS from Ben Esposito, the developer of Donut County. Players will play from a deck of cards, and can either play the cards as guns to dispatch enemies, or discard the card for its movement ability to assist in parkour traversing, or the new music title coming from Soundshapes director Jessica Mak. A new studio was also announced, whose first project will be for Annapurna, helmed by The Stanley Parable and The Beginner's Guide creator Davey Wreden, Gone Home co-creator Karla Zimonja and Minecraft composer Daniel Rosenfeld.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wait, what was that Fallout-esc game that came out a few years ago? "Outer" something-that-starts-with-W, and it already got two DLCs.

I just have that "I swear I've heard of this before" feeling, is all, due to the very similar names.

relauby

Idiot Child
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, what was that Fallout-esc game that came out a few years ago? "Outer" something-that-starts-with-W, and it already got two DLCs.

I just have that "I swear I've heard of this before" feeling, is all, due to the very similar names.

Outer Worlds. Yeah, they both came out around the same time and they're both space games (I think? Haven't actually played either) so it's easy to confuse them.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu and Xzi

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Outer WILDS is getting a DLC? how the hell?
Titled 'Echoes of the Eye' seems to be the only kind of clue as to how it'll work, which of course will only make sense for those that've played it, and I simply cannot explain in detail to anyone that hasn't....:lol: Speaking of, if you've not played this, well fukk me lads it's easily one of the greatest games in recent times - so much so that the members above mixing it up with The Outer Worlds should frankly be shot on sight...

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Amazing quote.

Used to do that ages ago, sometimes it back-fires and you realize your 'First' post is actually the 5th post and there are like 4 other "First" posts, lmfao every time until the Gestapo mods on gamespot started hitting us with 24h bans.

Outer Worlds. Yeah, they both came out around the same time and they're both space games (I think? Haven't actually played either) so it's easy to confuse them.

Copyright infringement anyone?

ShadF0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Copyright infringement anyone?

Yeah, on Obsidian's part.

I am kidding, of course, but Wilds was in developement since 2012 and released in May '19 (with free alpha available since 2015), while Worlds was in developement since 2016 and came out in October '19.

Reactions: HellGhast

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While I liked this game, it was also tedious as heck. Smallest slip up with the floaty controls could mean death or losing the run.

At the end I knew exactly what to do and how to do it to reach the end. BUT I still couldn't do it. Tried a few times and the I was like nope the hell with this...

Bofumaga

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Actually, one of the guys who worked in The Outer Worlds DLCs is now working in the Outer Wilds DLC lmao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over