Hacking Firmware Updater 4.0

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
M-A-F-I-A said:
eric_4_life said:
OK, it finished, and I installed preloader, but now, my system menu won't boot because it is corrupted and only preloader will. Though I need to know if I should just go back to 3.2U or go to 4.0

FRanatic said:
QUOTE(eric_4_life @ Mar 26 2009, 02:46 PM) OK, it finished, and I installed preloader, but now, my system menu won't boot because it is corrupted and only preloader will. Though I need to know if I should just go back to 3.2U or go to 4.0

Can you boot into HBC from the PreLoader menu ?

If so, you can either downgrade to 3.2 or run the installer for 4.0 again to fix the sysmenu.

The firmware updater 4.0 will not repair the system menu, he must reinstall firmware 3.2U with anyregionchanger.

Doesn't this firmware updater install the systemmenu ? Surely it does, as I can update with it from any lower firmware.
Or will it not run as 4.0 is installed ?

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like to boot games from the Disc Channer you should keep using v3.2X (And if you need a Brick-Proof Wii)

Understood chief.

Still, SUCK ON IT NINTENDO. LESS THAN A FULL DAY AND YOUR WORK IS SHATTERED...almost.

M-A-F-I-A

OP
Trophies
Website
forum.fobby.net
XP
Country
Italy
FRanatic said:
Doesn't this firmware updater install the systemmenu ? Surely it does, as I can update with it from any lower firmware.

Yes it do it.
When you try to run again Firmware Updater 4.0, the installer don't run, because the system has already been updated to version 4.0.
eric_4_life must downgrade to a lower firmware (3.2) and reinstall all cios.

I have execute this procedure to return at fw 3.2E.

Sorry for bad english.

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
MrBubbles said:
If you like to boot games from the Disc Channer you should keep using v3.2X (And if you need a Brick-Proof Wii)

Understood chief.

Still, SUCK ON IT NINTENDO. LESS THAN A FULL DAY AND YOUR WORK IS SHATTERED...almost.
Not really less than a full day. Ever since v3.3X even though we could get most things working we couldn't have some features and install what we wanted (Like how v3.3Xv2 blocked Twilight and cIOS instillation and stuff...), but from the looks of it, we are close to get a full featured Wii with all the Homebrew we could wish for! =)

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
Hello? It hangs on Content 9 of system 4.0 download. Do I need something like CIOS installed?
Wait, sometimes it takes a REALLY LONG TIME to finish. Also, even though I think a cIOS is not needed, I had one when I installed it (rev7).
BTW, for anyone who cares, you need something like 300 blocks available to download the full update! [It downloads all the files and updates only after that for security reasons, so you need 300 blocks for a safe installation.]

--EDIT--
Sry for the double post. =S

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Fye_DX said:
skawo96 said:
Hello? It hangs on Content 9 of system 4.0 download. Do I need something like CIOS installed?
Wait, sometimes it takes a REALLY LONG TIME to finish. Also, even though I think a cIOS is not needed, I had one when I installed it (rev7).
BTW, for anyone who cares, you need something like 300 blocks available to download the full update! [It downloads all the files and updates only after that for security reasons, so you need 300 blocks for a safe installation.]
After some time it returned to system menu and I was on 3.3 firmware with no SD Menu
unsure.gif

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
skawo96 said:
Fye_DX said:
skawo96 said:
After some time it returned to system menu and I was on 3.3 firmware with no SD Menu
unsure.gif

MAke sure you have enough blocks free and run it again.
Maybe the nintendo servers are busy, cause half the world is updating their wii's.

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
Fye_DX said:
skawo96 said:
unsure.gif
Go to your Wii Settings Menu and see if you have at least 300 blocks (It's 200 and something, but 300 is the best for it to work for sure). If you don't, then that's probably the problem.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
FRanatic said:
M-A-F-I-A said:
eric_4_life said:
OK, it finished, and I installed preloader, but now, my system menu won't boot because it is corrupted and only preloader will. Though I need to know if I should just go back to 3.2U or go to 4.0

FRanatic said:
QUOTE(eric_4_life @ Mar 26 2009, 02:46 PM) OK, it finished, and I installed preloader, but now, my system menu won't boot because it is corrupted and only preloader will. Though I need to know if I should just go back to 3.2U or go to 4.0

Can you boot into HBC from the PreLoader menu ?

If so, you can either downgrade to 3.2 or run the installer for 4.0 again to fix the sysmenu.

The firmware updater 4.0 will not repair the system menu, he must reinstall firmware 3.2U with anyregionchanger.

Yes it does install a system menu but it installs 4.0 system menu which isn't the same as 3.2 system menu so Preloader can't load it. The only way to make Preloader bott to system menu is the install a 3.2 system menu

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Fye_DX said:
skawo96 said:
Fye_DX said:
skawo96 said:
unsure.gif
Go to your Wii Settings Menu and see if you have at least 300 blocks (It's 200 and something, but 300 is the best for it to work for sure). If you don't, then that's probably the problem.
I have about 375.
unsure.gif

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
Fye_DX said:
skawo96 said:
Fye_DX said:
skawo96 said:
unsure.gif
I have about 375.
unsure.gif
Try again. If it doesn't work, try again later. It can be that Nintendo servers are overflowing with people thanks to the update.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Fye_DX said:
Try again. If it doesn't work, try again later. It can be that Nintendo servers are overflowing with people thanks to the update.
Yeah, problably.

It'll try it again tommorow, after the 4.0 Waninkoko Hey Let'saUpdate ends...

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My guess is that crediar will have PreLoader updated very soon.
Also cIOSCORP won't take long.

Pretty soon we'll have it all
wink.gif

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
FRanatic said:
My guess is that crediar will have PreLoader updated very soon.
Also cIOSCORP won't take long.

Pretty soon we'll have it all
wink.gif
And then, GBATemp will probably rule the world.
That, and a lot of noob questions will appear on the board. =)

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
masaemon said:
Is it region-free?
Can i install it on my Japanese console 3.2J?
Thanks!
I have a PAL Wii. Lot's of people here have a NTSC-U Wii. So I'm guessing it is region-free, but I really don't know. =(

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
bootsector said:
So, does this prevent the "auto-update" shit (according to the new EULA) present since 3.4+?
Ok, that new 'auto-update' stuff can be resolved by a simple way. Turn off Stand-by Connection. Also, it will NOT prevent that (probably) but there hasn't been a new update since... yesterday? So I really can't tell.
--EDIT--
Trying to answer all the questions makes me double post. I hate this... -.- Sry once again.

masaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fye_DX said:
masaemon said:
Is it region-free?
Can i install it on my Japanese console 3.2J?
Thanks!
I have a PAL Wii. Lot's of people here have a NTSC-U Wii. So I'm guessing it is region-free, but I really don't know. =(
Thank you.
I hope keep my current Japanese system menu.
I dont't know is wii's language sources separate from IOS...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: You infidel.