Hacking Firmware status

Izotov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
1.0.0 -3.0.0 = smhax = will be released
3.0.1 - ... = nvhax = soon™ (so as not to burn the exploit)

lupus77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually, the opposite is true -- I tested on 3.0.2, but didn't test on 3.0.0 -- I verified the bug was still there on 3.0.0 via code RE.

3.0.1/3.0.2 will get stuff later publically because they don't have the sm bug, and thus require more privilege escalation to use deja vu -- and I may not want to burn said privilege escalation immediately.

Thanks for the clarification. I was on the edge to insert the Mario Oddysey Cartridge and let it update to 3.0.1, but now I will wait. :D

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the recent developments of the homebrew scene (and by that I mean the pwning of trustzone on <3.0.x fws), I'm starting to think that maybe being at 3.0.1-3.0.2 is the best compromise between having full homebrew capabilities in the long run (cfw, emunand, and all that stuff), and being able to play a good portion of the current Switch library.

I'm at 2.2.0, and still have a couple of games to play yet... but I wouldn't mind to wait a bit longer for homebrew if it means I can update to 3.0.2 and play more games in the meantime. E.g. a game like Xenoblade 2 (3.0.2) can last you long enough to wait for the homebrew scene to develop.

But maybe I'm completely wrong [emoji28]

Last edited by PolloDiablo,

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
But maybe I'm completely wrong [emoji28]

It's really down to what is more important to you right now? games or homebrew? Sooner or later you will have both, however for now you need to decide which will get you the most use from your Switch.

I got a Switch on 3.0.1 this week so the choice was made for me, however I don't think it's a bad position to be in at the moment as the Switch can get some use instead of just collecting dust. Compared to users on 3.0.0 and lower i've a feeling we will have to wait significantly longer for homebrew though.

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's really down to what is more important to you right now? games or homebrew? Sooner or later you will have both, however for now you need to decide which will get you the most use from your Switch.

I got a Switch on 3.0.1 this week so the choice was made for me, however I don't think it's a bad position to be in at the moment as the Switch can get some use instead of just collecting dust. Compared to users on 3.0.0 and lower i've a feeling we will have to wait significantly longer for homebrew though.
I think I've screwed my switch with a oddesey cardrige Update to 3.01

But this Time i have more hopes as before that anything comes for 3.01

Last edited by loler55,
Reactions: Rauliki

Frieren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I bought switch with 1.0.0 fw. So, if the homebrew is my priority, there is no point to update it to 3.0.0, right? And i can spent my money on Disgaea 5 (work with 1.0.0), the game which i want to play? No reason to buy Pokken DX for 3.0.0 update?

Last edited by Frieren,

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought switch with 1.0.0 fw. So, if the homebrew is my priority, there is no point to update it to 3.0.0, right? And i can spent my money on Disgaea 5 (work with 1.0.0), the game which i want to play? No reason to buy Pokken DX for 3.0.0 update?
You gonna need the japanese tetris cartridge to access the browser and get access to HB as of now.
Remember: other tetris versions do not work!

Reactions: Ronhero

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Stay on 1.0.0 that's the best possible firmware

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
just want to ask question, its been a year since switch release, i just want to ask whats the most common firmware im going to get if i bought a switch this day? thanks...

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
It seems 3.0.1 to 4.1.0 are classed as the same now.

Q: As someone who just got a Switch on 3.0.1 recently is their any benefit been on 3.0.1 over 4.1.0?

A: No, if you're on 3.0.1 you may as well update to 4.1.0 and get some eShop games before you settle in for the long wait.

Once you're on 4.1.0, *stay there* though.

Source

Reactions: kryptos86

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems 3.0.1 to 4.1.0 are classed as the same now.

Q: As someone who just got a Switch on 3.0.1 recently is their any benefit been on 3.0.1 over 4.1.0?

A: No, if you're on 3.0.1 you may as well update to 4.1.0 and get some eShop games before you settle in for the long wait.

Once you're on 4.1.0, *stay there* though.

Source

I agree with this completely. I already updated to 4.1.0 and started purchasing games that I can't get physically. Fast RMX goodness.

Reactions: kryptos86

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm