Hacking Firmware status

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch is still on 3.0.0, and I have not really paid a lot of attention to the homebrew news. If I unedrstand correctly, however, I should be able to update to 4.1.0 (the current version) and have access to homebrew.

If this is true, then I will do so tonight because I really do want to play Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
That is not true at all. In the future it will have homebrew, but right now it's only 3.0.0. On top of that 3.0.0 will get cfw faster than 4.1.0. Don't update

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously lucky. I got my gray switch from amazon 11/13/17 and it was on 3.0.2

Yes lucky on the Switch but not my PS4 1TB Slim I'd bought and used at Thanksgiving not knowing the progress of that system yet. It was on 5.05 so I had to go out and by a another PS4 500GB Slim and was able to find one on 3.55.

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My Switch is still on 3.0.0, and I have not really paid a lot of attention to the homebrew news. If I unedrstand correctly, however, I should be able to update to 4.1.0 (the current version) and have access to homebrew.

If this is true, then I will do so tonight because I really do want to play Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

If you update to 4.1.0 you will lose access to homebrew for now and will have to wait for the scene to catch back up, since homebrew is already available on 3.0.0

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
So as a 3.0.2 Switch owner, i’m best off updating to 4.1 and staying there? Thanks
That's what SciresM said in a post. I'm still on 3.0.2 but contemplating updating to the latest to grab a few games. By the time I decide to do it there'll be an update though -.-

Found that post, makes me think this thread needs an update... don't really know how to add it to quotes etc. But:

No, if you're on 3.0.1 you may as well update to 4.1.0 and get some eShop games before you settle in for the long wait.

Once you're on 4.1.0, *stay there* though.

Last edited by Soluble,

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what SciresM said in a post. I'm still on 3.0.2 but contemplating updating to the latest to grab a few games. By the time I decide to do it there'll be an update though -.-

Found that post, makes me think this thread needs an update... don't really know how to add it to quotes etc. But:

No, if you're on 3.0.1 you may as well update to 4.1.0 and get some eShop games before you settle in for the long wait.

Once you're on 4.1.0, *stay there* though.
You're right Soluble. I will update the thread.

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
You're right Soluble. I will update the thread.

I'm torn. I have been on 3.0.1 since October, I dont play online or e-shop (Happy with Odyssey/BOTW) but wondering if to update anyway. I just dont want to then see Homebrew arrive on 3.x

targren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm torn. I have been on 3.0.1 since October, I dont play online or e-shop (Happy with Odyssey/BOTW) but wondering if to update anyway. I just dont want to then see Homebrew arrive on 3.x

If I understood SciresM's posts correctly, 3.x and 4.x use the same exploit; if so, then they'll probably get Homebrew at the same time.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
I bit the bullet. Updated all my games, downloaded Kirby demo, purchased snipperclips DLC, deleted internet connection again.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well it depends if Nintendo can detect you system is modded easier unlike the 3ds i will not ever hack my switch unless i get another one. Because i don't want my eshop to get banned and lose all my games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the average person who buys a switch isn't going to get two because its not as cheap as the 3ds or even the xbox one or ps4. You can always hack the switch you have now even if you update it in the future with a modchip so its not over if you do choose to update you will just need to get a mod chip installed so yeah just keep your current switch working and when ever you get an other one you can install the modchip into the other one.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we please get an update to the OP since 3.0.1-4.1.0 are at the same stage in terms of CFW release?
Are they?
"4.0.0-4.1.0 relies on another issue fixed in 4.0.0 (Memory controller access - "probably" fixable in the long term, but not in the short term)."

Maybe @SciresM could give us an update on that

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are they?
"4.0.0-4.1.0 relies on another issue fixed in 4.0.0 (Memory controller access - "probably" fixable in the long term, but not in the short term)."

Maybe @SciresM could give us an update on that
He already has multiple times in other threads. He had a shower idea on how to get the "long term fix" for 4.1.0 and implemented it in a couple hours. He even has a video showing trustzone execution on 4.1.0

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks in advance for checking and clarifying. The discrepancy has caused quite a bit of confusion, whether people on 3.0.1 should update or not.

Totoro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

I just get my hands on a Switch with firmware 2.1 from the bundle Splatoon 2
At the moment, I don't have any game with firmware 3.0.

Is there anything I can do with this switch until I update to 3.0 ?
As it does not allow to connect to Nintendo Shop without trying to update (of course I don't want it)
And Splatoon 2 is just a code to enter...

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I just get my hands on a Switch with firmware 2.1 from the bundle Splatoon 2
At the moment, I don't have any game with firmware 3.0.

Is there anything I can do with this switch until I update to 3.0 ?
As it does not allow to connect to Nintendo Shop without trying to update (of course I don't want it)
And Splatoon 2 is just a code to enter...
Not really. You won't be able to use the code at all unless you update to the most recent firmware (4.1.0). Other than that you'll have to wait until cfw comes out. You won't even be able to use homebrew right now without 3.0.0 either.

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello,

The 5.0 firmware is already out, I am being pressing all the time to upgrade it...

I have some questions:
1. How can I manage to avoid the console asking me all the time to upgrade when I am about to open a game?
2. When openning a game, I have the impression by the text it shows that it wants to update the game, not the Switch...is it right?
3. Is there any easy way to direct hack&play for example the SNES?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: