Hacking Firmware status

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Any news about 5.00 hacks/exploits?
5.0.0 isn't out long... I guess the modders are already looking into it.
It is known that they now enabled KASLR and reworked the TZ heavily so this could take some time to get around.
There will be no relaese until a fix gets out for sure as this time they went full overboard with security and fixed many vulnerabilities and weaknesses.

Insighted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might want to update firmware 5.0.0 notes based on what SciresM said recently:

wN3LLnvPYNa15Vfl6CY9Ss76_4KwRLkrUMgbPXYiHes.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHaxing/comments/87v7rc/publically_usable_build_of_atmosphere_cfw_to/
https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHaxing/comments/87v7rc/publically_usable_build_of_atmosphere_cfw_to/

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm ready to pirate. Don't bash me, we all want it. I can't afford games. 5 games is like over 300 bucks. As for emulators and Hombrew. Eh, I can already play all those games on my wii u, no point on having it on the switch. Hopefully we get piracy going o:

Reactions: mmajunkie77

gooseberry101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a switch, came with 3.0.2. haven't connected it to the internet yet. If I update it to 4.1.0 using a game cartridge, am I able to then use the eShop ? Or do I need to update to 5.0.1 to use the eShop - which I don't want to do yet until we find more details about what 5.0.1 entails about cfw.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a switch, came with 3.0.2. haven't connected it to the internet yet. If I update it to 4.1.0 using a game cartridge, am I able to then use the eShop ? Or do I need to update to 5.0.1 to use the eShop - which I don't want to do yet until we find more details about what 5.0.1 entails about cfw.

Unfortunately, you need to be on 5.0.1 to use the eShop. Even if you just want to play online you need the most recent update, which is 5.0.1.

Reactions: gooseberry101

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
short summary for pre-Mariko units:
1.0.0: has a nice non-coldboot solution, and is the most likely to get a Holy Grail CFW-launching exploit in the future
<3.0.1: has enough power to avoid a hardmod immediately, even if you'll probably want to just do the hardmod 'cuz the hardmod's so easy
<=4.1.0: will eventually see a hardmod-less solution, but will need that 'minor hardmod' at launch
>4.1.0: that 'minor hardmod' is required; though we may find a solution to avoid this in the future
OP should probably update the first post with this information since it will give everyone a better idea on the differences between the firmwares when it comes to the CFW coming this summer.

Clamper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't believe i bought a Switch on 1.0 today and read all this... AFTER i updated. Though the Fusée-Gelée was the only way :/

Oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over