Hacking Firmware Change Problem

Pudgies Sarah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi.

I had the official acekard firmware from www.acekard.com 4.21.

I downloaded the Pre-Patched Pokemon HG U and have a saved game.

But after changing the firmware to Akiao 1.6RC2 the newest one from www.acekard.com

It is not loading the save file!

Now my problem is I had played and saved Pokemon earlier using a different rom and forgot to delete the save before saving a new game using the Pre-Patched Pokemon HG U.

I have two save file with the same name except one says .nds.sav and the other just .sav

I do not know what one to remove!

- Is this why it cant load the sav ? - I need to remove the original sav and keep the pre-patched sav.
- Do I have to start again ?

All ideas helpful. Thanks.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try deleting the patched save game, move the patched save game to ur desktop then delete the patched save from the sd card. so u should have a copy of the patched save on ur desktop just incase you need it. or try moving both the save files to ur desktop and then delete both saves from the sd card

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
akaio defaults to ".sav." .nds.sav was something acekard did to stand out or something. its just an extension and no other card used it. because akaio is based off of the old acekard sources it also use to use that same format. you can change the save extension option to use .nds.sav. i recommend that you read the akaio wiki before asking any more questions.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO#.28Tab_...vanced_Settings

Code:
Save Ext. 

options are .sav and .nds.sav. 

the Save Extension defaults to ".sav" which is standard amongst other flash carts. If you have existing ".nds.sav" files, you can highlight them and select their "Properties" to enable the "Save Extension" button. This button will convert all ".nds.sav" files (including save slots) to ".sav" (and vice-versa) for the title selected, assuming you set the AKAIO save property option to .sav.

as for the patched rom, akaio only supports clean roms. your patched rom might eventually cause problems. best to start over or finish the game on the official firmware.

-another world

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just copy both the save files to ur desktop, then delete one of the saves then run the game and see if its the save you want, if its not what you want copy it from the sd card to ur desktop then delete it from the sd and put the first save file u put on the desktop back on the sd card and try it

happybobjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
press start and go to system properties.
press r.
go to save type.
switch to other type. eg. .sav to nds.sav or .nds.sav to .sav

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
as for the patched rom, akaio only supports clean roms. your patched rom might eventually cause problems. best to start over or finish the game on the official firmware.

-another world
If you're going to do this I suggest you install AKAIO 1.6RC2, download the latest Official FW, copy the akmenu.4.nds into the SD:\__aio\ak2loader\ directory. Go to your HGSS ROM and tap Y. Tap Y again. At the bottom of that dialog box you'll find an option to toggle between loaders. Select the AK2 Official loader. This is will boot the HGSS patched game using the official loader while using AKAIO's loaders on everything else.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You will need to use the patched save game.

It's probably not working because the filename is different, the patching tool probably added "patched" or something else to the end of the filename. You need to rename your patched save so it has an identical filename to that of your clean rom, except the extension should be .sav instead of .nds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1