Hacking Firmware 5.5.0 Out Now!

ifrit05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for one would love to see Wii U's full potential for homebrew (non-kernel mode at least). Right now the browser exploit is kinda a stepping stone. Would love to see a Homebrew Channel/launcher.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is going to interesting, but crap forgot to update Splatoon haha.
With the exploit would it be possible to spoof the Eshop?

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
The first few months have been. I mean after Ninjhax. Now, it's a homebrew app here and there, a new CFW that does generally the same thing as other ones with one or two new features added.
The last few months have been the best. Pasta CFW released to allow unsigned cias, then rxtools gets merged with Pasta, emunand for 9.9 on o3DS. And now ReiNand and rxtools for n3ds too. Not to mention VC injection.
Much better than when ninjhax was initially released. There was nothing back then.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
AH FUCKKKKK SHOULD HAVE UPDATED SOONER
FML
now i'm stuck on 5.3.2 because nothing is confirmed working on this. Great.
There's not necessarily any benefit to being on 5.4 rather than 5.3.2. If any game requires 5.4 specifically, you can use the update on the game disc.

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last few months have been the best. Pasta CFW released to allow unsigned cias, then rxtools gets merged with Pasta, emunand for 9.9 on o3DS. And now ReiNand and rxtools for n3ds too. Not to mention VC injection.
Much better than when ninjhax was initially released. There was nothing back then.
Now all I need is 9.9 kernel exploit and I will be happy forever.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually there were 4 exploitable kernel bugs. (well verified anyway) And if they did it right they should all be patched.
Now on to greener pastures. (by greener I mean time to start makin that paper)
GL with the softmod....:rofl2::rofl2:

Reactions: paulloeduardo

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually there were 4 exploitable kernel bugs. (well verified anyway) And if they did it right they should all be patched.
Now on to greener pastures. (by greener I mean time to start makin that paper)
GL with the softmod....:rofl2::rofl2:

I find it unlikely that Nintendo could have patched all of them when none of them are public. The one that did get patched isn't such a surprise, since details were leaked a while back and a simple code audit would catch it. Other bugs are far less obvious, and all private.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Is this thread not showing on the front page? Can't believe I missed this.

edit: nope
why on earth is that the case. the wiiu still matters to some people.

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so people were only finding out today that there was a new update? I was wondering why no one was talking about it. My WiiU has been trying to download it since the 11th.
I'm really glad I decided to block the eshop 2 days before the update went live.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, so people were only finding out today that there was a new update? I was wondering why no one was talking about it. My WiiU has been trying to download it since the 11th.
I'm really glad I decided to block the eshop 2 days before the update went live.
Seriously? I didn't even know there was an update xD

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
So, "feature"-wise, it does the same like 5.4.0 E did in Europe? My console got the TV icon removed in the last update (which I dumbly installed, and I'm now sticking with).
That makes the 5.5.0 update even more useless to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...