ROM Hack Fire Emblem Homebrew Project

Zarrastro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello to all. This is a small post about a project i am trying to develop.

First of all, I am spanish and the "main course" of the project is going to be developed between spanish people. However, the final game will be available on English and French.

I need programmers to help me hacking the existing NDS Fire Emblem to change maps, characters, sripts and add these features:

-A single Sprite for character and class
-Various animated moves to attack (5 at random and 2 criticals. The character may say something when he does critical hits)
-Hurt and death animations (Ugh! or pain expressions included. No one just stands when hit by an arrow ¬¬)
-Dead characters will appear in ground when attacking from the same place where they died
-Double equipped items (Near attack and ranged attack)
-Triple promotion
-Characters will change class when reaching Lv. 20 without "evolving item"
-You can pick up weapons when you kill your enemies
-Forge included (no times limit. Only money limit)
-Combats in the Arena will be with your eqipped item
-No class changing
-New classes (samurai, war mage, etc...)
-Character files (High resolution ilustrations and data. They will be unlockable)
-Conversation between characters wll be changed. They will not move their mouths and then may draw shords, hug another character and more...
-New and old music
-Traveling style (FE 8) and trial maps (FE 6)
-Multiplayer. (2 players with 10 - 15 unit armies fighting in standard scenarios
-Map editor (Advance Wars style) Maps made will be useable in MultiPlayer and when you beat the game.

For now, that is all. If you want to help with sprites or programming (Needed) just contact me at [email protected]

The project goes very slowle due to my studies. Summers are our critical chance!

Hope you like it and join

Regards

Zarrastro

(Yes this same topic was on GBA discussions, but nobody moved it co I simply did copy ¬ Paste)

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Zarrastro said:
I need programmers to help me hacking the existing NDS Fire Emblem to change maps, characters, sripts and add these features

...Wait what?

This project sounds very ambitious but it'll be almost impossible if you make a completely original game, even if you take a few parts from the original. I suggest you stick to hacking.

Good luck.

Zarrastro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm. I mean a completely new story, new characters, weapons, etc...
Well i am thinking on the same visual engine that the FEDS, bvut we have to change it a lot to add animations and modify the game to syick to those animations.
As for the grafisc, that's all. All the other improvements must be done by scripting.
OK. I may post this on ROM Hacking, but it would be the third copy of the same post in the Forum...
glare.gif

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zarrastro said:
-A single Sprite for character and class
-Various animated moves to attack (5 at random and 2 criticals. The character may say something when he does critical hits) NOT POSSIBLE
-Hurt and death animations (Ugh! or pain expressions included. No one just stands when hit by an arrow ¬¬) NOT POSSIBLE
-Dead characters will appear in ground when attacking from the same place where they died NOT POSSIBLE
-Double equipped items (Near attack and ranged attack) MAYBE POSSIBLE
-Triple promotion MAYBE POSSIBLE
-Characters will change class when reaching Lv. 20 without "evolving item" MAYBE POSSIBLE
-You can pick up weapons when you kill your enemies Basically, making weapons "green".
-Forge included (no times limit. Only money limit) Did this game already have a forge? If not, NOT POSSIBLE
-Combats in the Arena will be with your eqipped item NOT POSSIBLE
-No class changing Should be easy
-New classes (samurai, war mage, etc...) NOT POSSIBLE
-Character files (High resolution ilustrations and data. They will be unlockable) NOT POSSIBLE
-Conversation between characters wll be changed. They will not move their mouths and then may draw shords, hug another character and more...NOT POSSIBLE
-New and old music NOT POSSIBLE
-Traveling style (FE 8) and trial maps (FE 6) NOT POSSIBLE
-Multiplayer. (2 players with 10 - 15 unit armies fighting in standard scenarios NOT POSSIBLE
-Map editor (Advance Wars style) Maps made will be useable in MultiPlayer and when you beat the game. NOT POSSIBLE

You've likely never ever made a hack for anything before, so I'll try to convey my point plainly;
It cannot be done. It cannot be done by you. It cannot be done by anyone.
Give up, stop, quit, go away, don't waste your time on fantasies.

Note that I'm not trying to be mean/flamy/angry.

But, have you ever even PLAYED a handheld fire emblem game besides this one? Did you notice that some things CAN be done, and some thing simply CAN'T? Most of what you want to do is what any dreamer would try to do; setting unrealistic goals.

Try going to FEU; download Nightmare. See what Nightmare can do. Then re-evaluate your goals; make them things one can actually accomplish, because with goals like these, the only people who are going to join up, are those who can't do shit.

Helix94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't want to seem like a ball-buster, but HIGHLY unlikely.

Good luck if you do actually go through with it though

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Everything is possible on glance, but it should be build from the ground up. Just hacking it will most likely be a lot harder to impossible compared to starting from the ground. If you're new on programming I think there is something called RPG maker or something like that. I don't know if everything that you'd like is possible in there, but I suggest getting a character being able to walk around on a single map first before asking for help. Tends to give more motivation and proof of ability.

Btw: You're spanish ... and you'd like to have all spanish programmers/editors of all kinds etc ... but the game will be in english and french :?

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing is impossible when programming. They made the game, so how is remaking the game impossible? It's not. It's completely possible. You just have to be very good.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thread moved to hacking section, and also.....I don't see this happening
frown.gif

Some easier hack maybe, with changed pallets of color, and maybe a bit changed storyline, but added animations, and some of those goals you've set...Very unlikely..But hey, start doing it, and prove us all wrong!
laugh.gif

BlackNeedle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SoulAnger said:
houseonfire said:
....You just have to be very good...
.... , passionate, have time, and patience, to be exact. Remember a team that consist around 40 members, made the game for maybe 12 months.

...while (PROBABLY ^^) possessing an original DS Development Kit for "2000-10000" USD and beeing licensed by Nintendo.

But nevertheless, I loved FEDS and surely would do so with a good remake/hack. ^^

So I'd say just try your best!

Discord

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
JDandy said:
Try going to FEU; download Nightmare. See what Nightmare can do. Then re-evaluate your goals; make them things one can actually accomplish, because with goals like these, the only people who are going to join up, are those who can't do shit.

For someone who has knowledge of FEU, you're not very well educated on what is and is not possible. Some of your "not possibles" not only are possible, but not even difficult. Some are just possible and been done, some are more than likely possible but not done yet. (Or some varying degrees of "possible in a way") Beyond the abilities of Nightmare, yes, but Nightmare isn't everything you can do, in fact, it can only do the simple and basic things. With the right abilities and tools, quite a bit is possible.

MasterGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DONT GIVE UP

this Idea sounds FANTASTIC and FIRE EMBLEM is the best game in the world, the more the merrier.
I wish they would put out more WII/NDS fire emblem faster, they have only had one for DS and one for WII in like 3 years

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: