ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates US PLAYABLE CHROM/LISSA/FREDRICK

D

Deleted-379826

Would it be possible to do this for Severa, Inigo and Owain, as they're playable with their original models and portraits in the Hidden Truths DLC?

Would it even be possible to port over units that don't exist at all in Fates?
Yea I also wonder the last part like could you potentially make your own custom models or even full blown characters like for example a Pokemon in fire emblem?

Reactions: FlappyFalco

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seconding this. Awakening's story is CERTAINLY not its strong point, you need to get into pairing up units and paralouges to get the most out of its writing.

As for finding the combat boring--that's a totally fair argument to make. I personally suck at SRPGs, but I can see why a fan of the genre would get bored if they weren't playing on Lunatic mode.
Perhaps I'm a fair weather fan (FFT spoiled me LoL)

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on, how did you get like they were legit characters? Mine have the shield icon.

This is actually pretty simple if you follow what i'm about to walk you through:

1. You want to dump your Fate's save file using a save file extractor: JKSV (highly recommend this), or SVDT etc.

2. Now you go and grab this tool by RainThunder that will decrpyt your ChapterX save file: https://github.com/RainThunder/FEST/releases/tag/v1.1.1

3. Go into the directory of your dumped save. You'll find several files depending on how you used the game. MAKE A BACKUP OF THE SAVE FOLDER IN CASE YOU MESS UP. Drag the ChapterX you want to decrpyt onto the executable of Fire.Emblem.Save.Tool (FEST)

7LU4Tyo.png

4. Now with that decrypted save file (ChapterX_dec), you want to open it in a Hex editor of your choice (I recommend HxD)

5. Now I will show you how to find and edit each unit Chrom, Frederick, and Lissa:

Chrom: 06 81 00 00 is apparently the working value according to another user, so ignore the one in the screenshot
V3o6d8I.png

-Follow the Chrom picture above for Frederick, and Lissa.

Frederick: 00 0B 14 This is wrong, will correct later

Lissa: 0B 00 14 This is wrong, will correct later

6. Save your changes, drag the chapterX onto the executable of Fire.Emblem.Save.Tool (FEST) again. Now your edited save has been encrypted and is ready to restore

7. Restore the edited save from the directory using your save file extractor on your 3DS

8. Boot up Fates and see if it worked!

Note: I may or may not have seriously gotten the character IDs severely wrong. I only tested one save file. If you can find the character sections for Chrom, Frederick and Lissa my guide will easily point out the shield location you need to change. Remember always backup your save before making modifications like this. If someone of higher knowledge would like to point out a mistake I made, please do so! Any further questions for me regarding this guide should be sent via PM, that way we can discuss one on one easily. Big thanks to @RainThunder for the FEST tool, obviously @DeathChaos25 for making the DLC, and whoever created this extremely helpful resource: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Z7ddenFSURmw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1077677946.

Last edited by mungry,

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This is actually pretty simple if you follow what i'm about to walk you through:

1. You want to dump your Fate's save file using a save file extractor: JKSV (highly recommend this), or SVDT etc.

2. Now you go and grab this tool by RainThunder that will decrpyt your ChapterX save file: https://github.com/RainThunder/FEST/releases/tag/v1.1.1

3. Go into the directory of your dumped save. You'll find several files depending on how you used the game. MAKE A BACKUP OF THE SAVE FOLDER IN CASE YOU MESS UP. Drag the ChapterX you want to decrpyt onto the executable of Fire.Emblem.Save.Tool (FEST)

7LU4Tyo.png

4. Now with that decrypted save file (ChapterX_dec), you want to open it in a Hex editor of your choice (I recommend HxD)

5. Now I will show you how to find and edit each unit Chrom, Frederick, and Lissa:

Chrom: 00 0C 05
V3o6d8I.png

Frederick: 00 0B 14

Lissa: 0B 00 14

6. Save your changes, drag the chapterX onto the executable of Fire.Emblem.Save.Tool (FEST) again. Now your edited save has been encrypted and is ready to restore

7. Restore the edited save from the directory using your save file extractor on your 3DS

Note: I may or may not have seriously gotten the character IDs severely wrong. I only tested one save file. If you can find the character sections for Chrom, Frederick and Lissa my guide will easily point out the shield location you need to change. Remember always backup your save before making modifications like this. If someone of higher knowledge would like to point out a mistake I made, please do so! Any further questions for me regarding this guide should be sent via PM, that way we can discuss one on one easily. Big thanks to @RainThunder for the FEST tool, obviously @DeathChaos25 for making the DLC, and whoever created this extremely helpful resource: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Z7ddenFSURmw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1077677946.

I will give it a try soon. I'm very inexperienced with hex editing sadly. But everything is worth a try.

Reactions: mungry

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I cant seem to find him in HxD, i search that value and it takes me to 06 00 28 00, but i cant find where his FF FF is to edit the first slow weapon
Whoops Haha, sorry, I gave you the bytes flipped.

It should be;
Chrom - 00 06
Frederick - 01 06
Lissa - 02 06

As for my units being legit, I didn't actually do any save editing, I just edited a castle join file and got them through there ;p

Last edited by DeathChaos,

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP

It should be;
Chrom - 00 06
Lissa - 01 06
Frederick - 02 06

As for my units being legit, I didn't actually do any save editing, I just edited a castle join file and got them through there ;p
Okay thanks! Is there a way to get Chrom's Falchion from the before awakening dlc?

Last edited by Stack3r,

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As for my units being legit, I didn't actually do any save editing, I just edited a castle join file and got them through there

I think that'd be more easy. How does one do that? Haha

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

7LU4Tyo.png

Chrom: 06 81 00 00 is apparently the working value according to another user, so ignore the one in the screenshot
V3o6d8I.png

Frederick: 00 0B 14 This is wrong, will correct later

Lissa: 0B 00 14 This is wrong, will correct later

Okay, I've sorted Chrom. I don't get how to find Lissa and Frederick. Could you be more specific?

C02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off topic but. Is it safe to get the chiper dlc in my jpn save and then trasfer it to my usa save? (by safe i mean will i get shadowbanned?)

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that'd be more easy. How does one do that? Haha

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, I've sorted Chrom. I don't get how to find Lissa and Frederick. Could you be more specific?

Whoops Haha, sorry, I gave you the byte flipped.

It should be;
Chrom - 00 06
Lissa - 01 06
Frederick - 02 06

These are, apparently, the hex values to get to Lissa and Frederick. So search those and use the image in my op. It's the same procedure for every unit.

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Off topic but. Is it safe to get the chiper dlc in my jpn save and then trasfer it to my usa save? (by safe i mean will i get shadowbanned?)

JPN and USA saves are completely identical. So yes.

But you should have the DLC downloaded for both, or else the save won't work.

Last edited by FlappyFalco,
Reactions: C02

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
These are, apparently, the hex values to get to Lissa and Frederick. So search those and use the image in my op. It's the same procedure for every unit.

Yep. Got it all working. Thank you so much! ^^

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP

It should be;
Chrom - 00 06
Lissa - 01 06
Frederick - 02 06

Is it possible to have Camillas body for female corrin?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...