ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Hex code

elunesgrace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

Fort42 had a certain code up for FE Fates Special edition USA (http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/game1871/?search=&sort=dates&p=3)

The code is for getting 100 exp in every battle once turned on.

However, the code does not turn off once you turn it off, rather it stays in effect regardless.

Now I want to figure out how to modify the code so that it returns to normal. I can't seem to figure out this code, although my coding is super weak so I'm probably just not noticing what I'm missing. Here is the code:

D3000000 00000000
0052D358 E3A01064

Still working through it to try to figure it out but any help would be appreciated!

elunesgrace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update: Obvious the 64 at the end stands for the amount of xp (100), but what do I do to make the code standard again? I can't figure that out.

Also if I remember correctly, the codes are done in sets of 2s, and the first line (D3...etc) is the cutoff right?

Last edited by elunesgrace,

elunesgrace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried restarting the game with the cheat off?

I did not. But that begs the question, why does the cheat not turn off if you de-click it? The hex line was removed, so it stands to reason it should cut off no?

Edit: Restarting does undo the change, but that makes me think that all the codes are preloaded, and that the selecting of the code just injects it? Does that mean codes cannot be deactivated without restarting? Is it RAM injection?

Last edited by elunesgrace,

Necrojinsei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are all fantastic questions. I believe that the idea is that you changed the ram to fit the 100 exp desired output, but because the game isn't going to regularly change that value there is no need for it to "update" the point back to the way it was before. Though it is more intuitive to say that it would change depending on the unit being defeated and their given xp gain.

That's just an educated guess, I'm certain others will have a better explanation as to why this is.

Reactions: elunesgrace

elunesgrace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those are all fantastic questions. I believe that the idea is that you changed the ram to fit the 100 exp desired output, but because the game isn't going to regularly change that value there is no need for it to "update" the point back to the way it was before. Though it is more intuitive to say that it would change depending on the unit being defeated and their given xp gain.

That's just an educated guess, I'm certain others will have a better explanation as to why this is.

Wouldn't it be theoretically possible to save the previous code, and when the code is turned off re-inject the original code? Or perhaps this is injected so it is priority. Although if I think about it, even if I change the hex at the end, it will not revert to the previous code (which is based on exp gained against opponents of different levels)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-