ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am feeling incredibly dumb right now, but.
I have installed the NTR plugin and I see the green flash when the game boots up. However, hitting Select does ... absolutely nothing. The usual X+Y brings up the default menu there, but nothing about this plugin.

Is there something else I need to do to get it working?
Try to see if you have any of the new conversations. After you run NTR, you shouldn't have to press any buttons to activate it.

windwalker14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got the new update, went through the steps again instead extracting with the extractor here, and doing everything like it should have been, and it still does not work. Might it be because I'm on the second to latest N3DS version? if not, then what was the recommended zip extractor to see if that fixes my problems.

Choromatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to see if you have any of the new conversations. After you run NTR, you shouldn't have to press any buttons to activate it.
I don't. That was the first thing I checked, none of the supports have changed at all. I'll try going through a step in the story and see if that does anything for me, and also try making a new save, I suppose.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't. That was the first thing I checked, none of the supports have changed at all. I'll try going through a step in the story and see if that does anything for me, and also try making a new save, I suppose.
I do believe that it's recommended to make a new save when using this.

The Iron Rose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. The Lucina my castle dialogue. I'm not getting it. Using 4.2 with NTR, as well as the revelations buff patch. I decompressed the gay fates gamedata.bin.lz, applied the revelations buff ips patch, and recompressed. Any ideas in this regard?

Last edited by The Iron Rose,

Katsu6170

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this has been posted before but I finally got the hack to show up, but the character names aren't showing up. The weapons also don't have show their names or description. Not sure if I just messed up with the names or something. It also says that I'm married to multiple people when I haven't S-Supported anyone yet. I honestly have no idea what I did wrong.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this has been posted before but I finally got the hack to show up, but the character names aren't showing up. The weapons also don't have show their names or description. Not sure if I just messed up with the names or something. It also says that I'm married to multiple people when I haven't S-Supported anyone yet. I honestly have no idea what I did wrong.
Did you start a new file? It's recommended to do that if you haven't already. Something went wrong and I'm not sure what. o.o

ToxicPotato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. Pardon if this was already answered, but how would I go about obtaining the child units using the NTR CFW method (if possible)? Do I simply edit the hack's GameData file, or still do the same with the base game's GameData file as instructed?

If requiring HANS, then am I supposed to rebuild the romfs with the files in the "m" folder or are those to be excluded? (Having a hard time wrapping my head around how this works since I don't quite understand what file does what.)

Sorry if these should be relatively obvious, I'm pretty new to this and am worried I'll screw things up.
Anyway, love the hack a whole bunch so far, I really appreciate the work that's been put into this! :yay:

windwalker14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess HANS doesn't support Fates on 11.0.0-33? I saw a tweet from the maker of HANS and said some games don't work on the two newest firmwares, so I guess that the two bars that I get from trying to use the hack is from that. So currently I am not able to use the hack, but I am getting a workaround in a month, more or less.

ToxicPotato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess HANS doesn't support Fates on 11.0.0-33? I saw a tweet from the maker of HANS and said some games don't work on the two newest firmwares, so I guess that the two bars that I get from trying to use the hack is from that. So currently I am not able to use the hack, but I am getting a workaround in a month, more or less.

I'm not so sure about that. I'm running on 11.2 (no CFW (yet) either) and it's working absolutely fine for me.

If it helps, I'm just using 7-Zip and the two tools (ctrtools and RomFS Builder) provided in the Wololo guide, running my computer on Japanese locale - this is particularly important I believe, since some of the filenames are in Japanese and will get corrupted by certain programs that can't display/read the characters properly.

Last edited by ToxicPotato,

windwalker14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not so sure about that. I'm running on 11.2 (no CFW (yet) either) and it's working absolutely fine for me.

If it helps, I'm just using 7-Zip and the two tools (ctrtools and RomFS Builder) provided in the Wololo guide, running my computer on Japanese locale - this is particularly important I believe, since some of the filenames are in Japanese and will get corrupted by certain programs that can't display/read the characters properly.

I just followed what you did, including updating my N3DS to 11.2, and it finally works! thanks for the help. but another question I have, does the supports stay if I change between MicroSD's? Currently my homebrew stuff is on a different microsd from my bigger microsd, which is used for extdata and DLC and digital games.

StreakofEmerald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to inconvenience you, UnassumingVenusaur, but I'd just like to ask if you could provide me a link to a copy of the directions to install this that's in word format. I just find it rather confusing to follow the video, which progresses at a rapid rate. Additionally, is there any way to download the hack without a copy of Ocarina of Time prepared? I simply ask this due to the fact that it would be awkward to explain to my parents why I'd want to purchase a used copy of the game when I've displayed no interest in Zelda games before. Thanks!

ToxicPotato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to inconvenience you, UnassumingVenusaur, but I'd just like to ask if you could provide me a link to a copy of the directions to install this that's in word format. I just find it rather confusing to follow the video, which progresses at a rapid rate. Additionally, is there any way to download the hack without a copy of Ocarina of Time prepared? I simply ask this due to the fact that it would be awkward to explain to my parents why I'd want to purchase a used copy of the game when I've displayed no interest in Zelda games before. Thanks!

Check the first link in the HANS section - it talks about Pokemon X/Y but the instructions still apply. :)

Sadly there aren't many options for accessing homebrew on 11.2 without an entry point already available, you'll require Ocarina of Time or another primary entry point (I think Cubic Ninja and Freakyforms Deluxe still work if you feel weird asking for Ocarina of Time, but you should probably double check that just to be sure before you spend the money.)

---

EDIT EDIT: Alright, after multiple attempts to use the NTR CFW version, it finally works - no idea what made it start, but hey! Still need to figure out how getting children on the NTR CFW version will work though.

Last edited by ToxicPotato,

sleepless_nights

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm really sorry if this has already been asked before (I have a feeling it has, but I can't seem to find the post now), but I'm having a bit of trouble getting the patch running with NTR CFW. I followed Plailect's guide on my o3DS, installed BootNTR and put the patch folders at the root of the SD card. BUT, when I start a new save file after using BootNTR, Fates is unbearably slow. There's a definite lag. Some scene transitions take five or ten seconds or more, and when I go into battle in the tutorial chapter, it takes quite a long time for the character models to appear. It's doubly bad when there are supporting characters to load as well, haha! I haven't been able to progress to a point where I can check if the supports are working, as the slow gameplay is a bit frustrating. ^^; Is this a normal problem, and is there any way to rectify it?
(I have a special edition version with all three paths loaded on the cartridge)
Thanks so much!

Last edited by sleepless_nights,

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello! I'm really sorry if this has already been asked before (I have a feeling it has, but I can't seem to find the post now), but I'm having a bit of trouble getting the patch running with NTR CFW. I followed Plailect's guide on my o3DS, installed BootNTR and put the patch folders at the root of the SD card. BUT, when I start a new save file after using BootNTR, Fates is unbearably slow. There's a definite lag. Some scene transitions take five or ten seconds or more, and when I go into battle in the tutorial chapter, it takes quite a long time for the character models to appear. It's doubly bad when there are supporting characters to load as well, haha! I haven't been able to progress to a point where I can check if the supports are working, as the slow gameplay is a bit frustrating. ^^; Is this a normal problem, and is there any way to rectify it?
(I have a special edition version with all three paths loaded on the cartridge)
Thanks so much!
It isn't normal.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Some of the support conversations that were in the update log were not available in the latest patch?
I redownloaded the 0.4.2 patch for ntr but Sakura and Hana still has no S conversation... ?? Oh well...

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Some of the support conversations that were in the update log were not available in the latest patch?
I redownloaded the 0.4.2 patch for ntr but Sakura and Hana still has no S conversation... ?? Oh well...
Check the file names. They might have gotten corrupted by whatever you used to extract the files, which will cause the new convos to not show up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head