ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

sparkyellow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me? Every time I open up Hans then press OK, my screen turn black with a white bar at the top If anyone knows a solution could you please help?

windwalker14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grr... I have tried like 7 times, spanning about 13 hours now, trying to move the romfs file to the microSD, and it just keeps disappearing. I have no idea what to do, and I'm sick and tired of wasting hours waiting for the romf to transfer just for it to be gone from the hans folder.

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
grr... I have tried like 7 times, spanning about 13 hours now, trying to move the romfs file to the microSD, and it just keeps disappearing. I have no idea what to do, and I'm sick and tired of wasting hours waiting for the romf to transfer just for it to be gone from the hans folder.
Check your virus detection software.
Is the sdCard write-protected?
Is the sdCard full?
Is the file hidden?
Are you using FTP software? If some FTP software doesn't successfully move files.
Does your WiFi location have a lot of noise?

(I'm assuming you are using a n3DS)

windwalker14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check your virus detection software.
Is the sdCard write-protected?
Is the sdCard full?
Is the file hidden?
Are you using FTP software? If some FTP software doesn't successfully move files.
Does your WiFi location have a lot of noise?

(I'm assuming you are using a n3DS)

the sd card is not full, or write protected. I know this because I moved an Image to test if it would be kept there, which it was. Im using straight up windows to move it, should I use something else?
Wifi doesnt have a lot of noise, and the file isnt hidden, the blocks shown through the n3ds don't change at all after the move.
I Don't see how my virus software would do anything of the sort, but next time I try I will disable it for the duration.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the sd card is not full, or write protected. I know this because I moved an Image to test if it would be kept there, which it was. Im using straight up windows to move it, should I use something else?
Wifi doesnt have a lot of noise, and the file isnt hidden, the blocks shown through the n3ds don't change at all after the move.
I Don't see how my virus software would do anything of the sort, but next time I try I will disable it for the duration.
Are you abke to take the SD card out of your system? It's better to transfer it that way and not through the microSD card management app since the .romfs is such a huge file. Also, be sure to place the .romfs i side of the hans folder on the root of your SD card.

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had some anti-virus software that had a habit of deleting any file I moved, or its copy if I copied it, without any notification if the anti-virus decided it didn't like the file.
It was AVG or something like that.

As for using windows to move it, that's the ideal choice if you're on Windows 8.1 or higher.
Not sure about 8.0 or lower.

windwalker14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you abke to take the SD card out of your system? It's better to transfer it that way and not through the microSD card management app since the .romfs is such a huge file. Also, be sure to place the .romfs i side of the hans folder on the root of your SD card.

I don't really have the option to do that, as the laptop I use doesn't like Micro SD adapters, and I don't have my SD card reader with me. The only viable option is either trying through the management app, or holding the adapter in the SD card slot at the right place for what could be more than an hour. It was hard as is when I had to transfer from my old 3DS to the New 3DS XL.

I had some anti-virus software that had a habit of deleting any file I moved, or its copy if I copied it, without any notification if the anti-virus decided it didn't like the file.
It was AVG or something like that.

As for using windows to move it, that's the ideal choice if you're on Windows 8.1 or higher.
Not sure about 8.0 or lower.
I will not that, though I have Avast.

bopskip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey if you have the black screen for hans, check if you have this file. i think thats why i got the black screen but i havent tried it out yet.
nWw5jIq.png

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey if you have the black screen for hans, check if you have this file. i think thats why i got the black screen but i havent tried it out yet.
nWw5jIq.png
Why is your 3ds folder not on the root of your SD card? Why is it in two starter folders? It should not be there those starter folders.

bopskip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why is your 3ds folder not on the root of your SD card? Why is it in two starter folders? It should not be there those starter folders.
oh thats not my sd card. i asked a friend if i was missing any files and to take a screenshot and i noticed a file i was missing. i dont know why its like that but it seems to work for them lol

bopskip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What do you mean it won't load?
you click hans and select fates, then the screen takes longer to load, flips out for a sec then the bottom screen has that generic message that tells you to reload your 3ds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

honestly, will somebody ever have the answer to this black screen??
im tired of marrying niles every time i play as a m!mu on conquest/revelation.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you click hans and select fates, then the screen takes longer to load, flips out for a sec then the bottom screen has that generic message that tells you to reload your 3ds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

honestly, will somebody ever have the answer to this black screen??
im tired of marrying niles every time i play as a m!mu on conquest/revelation.
I keep telling people that HANS doesn't like Fates or this hack for whatever reason. I don't think anyone has an answer to the black screen issue, which is weird because HANS works for me with my copy of Fates. Granted, I'm not using the Gay Fates hack but it still works regardless.

bopskip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I keep telling people that HANS doesn't like Fates or this hack for whatever reason. I don't think anyone has an answer to the black screen issue, which is weird because HANS works for me with my copy of Fates. Granted, I'm not using the Gay Fates hack but it still works regardless.
should i try another method? possibly the NTR CFW way?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should i try another method? possibly the NTR CFW way?
If you have CFW, that's probably the better option. In fact, you could also get a .cia of the game with the hack on it and installing it and not have to launch NTR everytime you want to play the hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work