ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've run into an issue, maybe someone can help.
Kaze and Rinkah S-Ranked and got married.
May have had a kid, dunno.
Kaze died because Avatar failed to reach A-rank.
Added Kaze back.
Kaze does not have any ranks with Rinkah, Rinkah still has completed S-Rank with Kaze.
Force-fed Kaze 990 Trust Seeds from pre-battle menu while paired with Rinkah.
Still no support conversations available, what do I do?

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to see F!Corrin X Camilla S.
Once I see this hotness available that's when I'll come back to download.

Moondrag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welp, just tried to customize a streetpass team...the game crashed. (this was after the added the three Awakening characters and getting the Amiibo characters) I did turn off auto defenders...but still. EDIT: Ok, it seems to happen even if I don't have any characters besides my starting group...would any of the files cause problems with it? I'm using NTR CFW Old 3DS with this.

Last edited by Moondrag,

Raji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are doing amazing work with this mod. I'm eternally grateful.

That said, is there any way to hack supports onto the boss characters (i.e. Haitaka, Daniela, etc.) that would allow them to support and marry other characters who AREN'T Corrin (Because I know marrying a non-story unit causes any Live2D stuff to crash the game)? I see that with RainThunder's bin you can recruit all of the boss characters without shields, so I imagine it is possible.

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This worked, thanks!

Modified the file successfully to unlock the paralogues for the hero fights that RainThunder released in another thread.

:D

If anyone is interested, I modified the "all paralogues unlocked" GameData.bin.lz to also unlock the 4 hero battles, so you can actually do those and recruit the character with their weapon, as well as adding the entry to your logbook. (You will have to edit your save to remove the shield if you want them to support, though.)

Note: I'm not super familiar with the gamedata.bin layout so I -may- have screwed something up, but I only changed 4 bytes so it SHOULD be ok, but just as a warning!

https://mega.nz/#!WIAGDDhQ

edit: Also, just fyi, you need to be on chapter 8 (paralogue 1 unlocks) for all the paralogues and hero fights to unlock.

edit2: If you go the other route, I wrote some instructions on how to hex edit your save to add in the 4 hero weapons that you can find in the OP here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/fe-fates-a-way-to-unlock-hero-battles-without-amiibo.418795/

One route requires you to hex edit weapons in, the other requires you to hex edit the shield icons out. Neither is perfect, but at least we've got options!

edit3: I don't suppose anyone has a list of the stat modifiers the 4 amiibo characters have as parents? D: edit5: serene's forest was down when I posted this, they have the data on there! edit6: Any reason Ike/Robin/Marth get the short stick in S supports? :( Really wish I had a better understanding of the support tables so I could adjust stuff myself. Maybe I'll tinker around this weekend :D

edit4: Seconding issue with placing defenders causing the game to crash.

Last edited by julianuf,
Reactions: 00technocolor00

THATgamer77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, you're doing a great job with this hack. Keep up the good work :)

Just wondering, why does Marth, Ike, and Robin lack supports? It doesn't really make sense for them to be Kamuisexuals, especially when Lucina gets a full support set! If I knew how to hack supports into Fates I'd try to do something about it, but alas...

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, you're doing a great job with this hack. Keep up the good work :)

Just wondering, why does Marth, Ike, and Robin lack supports? It doesn't really make sense for them to be Kamuisexuals, especially when Lucina gets a full support set! If I knew how to hack supports into Fates I'd try to do something about it, but alas...

you mean that they can only s-support with Kamui? because they can support with almost everyone, not just Lucina has supports with other characters. Ike and Marth shouldn't even have s-supports with anyone in the first place since Marth is married and Ike is on a gay roadtrip with his boyfriends Soren and Ranulf.

Reactions: 00technocolor00

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear UnassumingVenusaur,

I really hope I'm not being too annoying - thanks for putting up with me!

I found your tutorial on tumblr explaining support tables, and I've made a ton of progress figuring this out! I just had a couple of quick question that I don't think you covered in your tutorial:

1) In the 0xC length support... uh, not really sure the proper terminology, I'll just go with support index: I understand bytes 0x0 through 0x7. It looks like 0x8 is always a 01, 0x9 and 0xB are 00's, but byte 0xA seems to vary quite a bit.
a) What does the 0xA byte mean? (looks to be 0x18 a lot of the time.)
b) Is the 0x8 byte always 01/does this have any meaning you're aware of? Or is it just part of the support type that's constant so you didn't mention it?
c) Are 0x9 and 0xB ever not 00, and if so, any idea what they mean?

2) Since the (I keep wanting to call it packet...) thingy contains a byte for order to show up ingame, I assume they don't need to be placed in the table in order? Say if I wanted to add a new support and have it show up at the top, I could place it at the end of the table, choose an order #, and add one to all the other ones?
(I know I'll have to modify the support length on the table header, that part looks easy enough ;))

3) It looks like a ton of the support tables have been inserted at the end of the file. That's fine and dandy. I kind of doubt I'll need to go this route since I'm not planning on making huge changes, but if I wanted to add even more space for larger/more tables or what not, it looks like the first 3 bytes of the file header identify how large the file is - is that the only thing I'd have to modify to make it work?

Thanks for all the amazing work you've done - really appreciate it!

Last edited by julianuf,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If you're having trouble identifying support tables, here's the image I initially showed UnnasumingVenasaur to get her to understand them.
UUEtA0Y.png

Remember, Support block ID and Character ID are NOT the same thing!

Support block ID should only be used in the header of the support block, else Character ID is used.

Reactions: ZeroKamui

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I figured all that out - was just unsure of the last 4 bytes but looks like they're not important.

Thanks for confirming!

edit: Oh.. hrm, looks like the support table doesn't contain parent's supports?

Which I guess makes sense...

I don't know if I still have the save file where I hex edited my Kana F to Kana M, but I remember that broke the support with my Avatar. I guess I'll just re-evaluate when my save gets that far, and worst case scenario I can probably just throw in a support between the 2 to force the game to accept it.

Last edited by julianuf,

00technocolor00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you mean that they can only s-support with Kamui? because they can support with almost everyone, not just Lucina has supports with other characters. Ike and Marth shouldn't even have s-supports with anyone in the first place since Marth is married and Ike is on a gay roadtrip with his boyfriends Soren and Ranulf.
So if Im understanding you correctly Path of Radiance and Radiant down are about a young homosexual man, his two boyfriends, and a bunch of furrys toppleing the government and then later killing god

Man, I should really play these games

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if Im understanding you correctly Path of Radiance and Radiant down are about a young homosexual man, his two boyfriends, and a bunch of furrys toppleing the government and then later killing god

Man, I should really play these games

yes i mean you summarized it so you know pretty much know all that happens, you should still definitively play them though

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Silrae I finally got around to beating the endgame in my Birthright file. The F/F pairings all showed up for me, twice (with the exception of F!Corrin x Oboro which showed up once), albeit with placeholder text since I didn't bother messing more with the ending file yet.

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Silrae I finally got around to beating the endgame in my Birthright file. The F/F pairings all showed up for me, twice (with the exception of F!Corrin x Oboro which showed up once), albeit with placeholder text since I didn't bother messing more with the ending file yet.
Really? So then maybe the problem with f/f pairings is only on revelations/dlc? I only tested the endings on my revelations path, but if it works for the base games then I'd at least call that a semi-victory! Oh and I just finished editing the endings in entirety, in case you still need it. I think I edited all the pronouns, so that should all be good. I still need to test the awakening endings though, just to make sure they work properly.

Attachments

• Ending.txt
    78.3 KB · Views: 405

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? So then maybe the problem with f/f pairings is only on revelations/dlc? I only tested the endings on my revelations path, but if it works for the base games then I'd at least call that a semi-victory! Oh and I just finished editing the endings in entirety, in case you still need it. I think I edited all the pronouns, so that should all be good. I still need to test the awakening endings though, just to make sure they work properly.

Oh wow wow wow, thank you so much for doing this! And perhaps it has to do with the Revelation thing? I suppose I'll see when I clear that path.

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow wow wow, thank you so much for doing this! And perhaps it has to do with the Revelation thing? I suppose I'll see when I clear that path.
You're welcome! I'm not too sure, but the problem could only be happening to dlc. Unfortunately, I don't have conquest yet, so I can't really test that theory. Also I just remembered I wrote three extra awakening endings for Niles, Leo, and Xander. If you don't mind, could you have a look at them? Writing's not a strong point of mine, so please change them if they sound weird!

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome! I'm not too sure, but the problem could only be happening to dlc. Unfortunately, I don't have conquest yet, so I can't really test that theory. Also I just remembered I wrote three extra awakening endings for Niles, Leo, and Xander. If you don't mind, could you have a look at them? Writing's not a strong point of mine, so please change them if they sound weird!

Sure! Though I'm curious, since those three can already marry Selena, how do those endings go? And with Xander it'd make more sense if he stayed in Nohr since he's the crown prince and all, but at the same time I don't want his spouse to leave him behind or anything? I dunno I guess I'll see when I look over everything.

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure! Though I'm curious, since those three can already marry Selena, how do those endings go? And with Xander it'd make more sense if he stayed in Nohr since he's the crown prince and all, but at the same time I don't want his spouse to leave him behind or anything? I dunno I guess I'll see when I look over everything.
Actually none of them had an awakening ending when I checked, that's why I wrote my own. I think Camilla was the only royal with a specific awakening ending, I didn't even know that Xander and Leo could marry Selena. In the endings that I wrote both Leo and Niles leave, but Xander stays.

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually none of them had an awakening ending when I checked, that's why I wrote my own. I think Camilla was the only royal with a specific awakening ending, I didn't even know that Xander and Leo could marry Selena. In the endings that I wrote both Leo and Niles leave, but Xander stays.

Okay, that works! It's weird that they didn't have a specific Awakening ending, but whatev.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, and I wouldnt like to watch an episode of a show atleast twice to review it...