ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

cokacommando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use CtrTools? That's the most common error, CtrTools don't work for Fire Emblem games as they use Japanese characters in about roughly 80% of the files, and CtrTools doesn't support Japanese characters.
Nope I used the extractor mentioned in the OP, I've just finished my second dump and am trying again now. Will report back in a few.

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope I used the extractor mentioned in the OP, I've just finished my second dump and am trying again now. Will report back in a few.
Double check that the romfs file is named right, and put in the right folder: a new folder called "hans" you create on the root of the SD card, NOT the same one in the 3ds folder.

cokacommando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double check that the romfs file is named right, and put in the right folder: a new folder called "hans" you create on the root of the SD card, NOT the same one in the 3ds folder.
AS IT TURNS OUT. My first dump was incomplete or something because it works fine as of now. Thanks much you two!!!

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah, she said NA birthright, NON-Special Edition. The folder paths for the special edition is different from the regular editions. Probably why it wouldn't work. Just because you use BR on the SE, doesn't change the title ID. Unless I'm wrong
Special Edition - 0004000000179800
Birthright - 0004000000179400
Conquest - 0004000000179600

RoseAshes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing and this will be the thing to get me into using homebrew on 3DS! Newbie question, will I be able to use this with a save file I already started or will I need to start over to use it (and start over again when it updates?)

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing and this will be the thing to get me into using homebrew on 3DS! Newbie question, will I be able to use this with a save file I already started or will I need to start over to use it (and start over again when it updates?)
The thing is, you can load up old save files and everything just fine, but who has supports with who will be kind of messed up. So it's best to just start a new file, for that reason.

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best to start over and go from there. I believe it'll break your save file due to the changes of the rom.

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
top_0055.png
top_0087.png
Here's another small update! (If you already have the hack, you can just download these files and paste them in m/@E) I added in conversations for these two couples pictured above me and once again revised the M!Kana/Oboro Parent/Child Conversation. Thanks so much to @Kagerochii for writing the Kagero/Orochi Convo and to @hbreckel and @occassionallydiverting for giving my Hinoka/Azura convo a readover!

Reactions: EllioneDHunter

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really on topic but I can't wait to be surrounded in a sea of Aquas like I did before. I also guess I'm gonna have to change my signature that I made when fates first let me down with only one gay person per side.
2015-08-14 06.01.26.jpg

00technocolor00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im getting a red screen crash every time I select fates in braindump?
And I just tested it out with pokemon alpha sapphire and it worked like a charm. (Physical cart)
Ive got the the digital north american download of just conquest and a fresh 16 gig sd card so its not a card space problem.

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. Awesome, I thought online features get killed because of the plugin, thanks!

Still trying to figure out how to get kids on same sex marriages.
Yeah, you have to edit Gamedata.bin in a hex editor multiple times, so it's not something anyone could easily pick up and do. Though if you're comfortable in a hex editor it's very quick and easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👀 Where?! 👀 Where!?