Fire Emblem fates digital version save backup problem

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by vexkiyro, Feb 23, 2016.

1. vexkiyro
    OP

vexkiyro Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2014
    United States
    hi I have 10.5 homebrew launcher and menuhax installed and I am trying to get fire emblem fates digitial copy backed up but it keeps giving me a red screen no matter if I use svdt or save manager or even hans to use a patch is there something im doing wrong or is it just not compatible as of yet? I have the usa version and it gives me a red screen on any of these homebrews, I also have the one downloaded from the nintendo store if that helps

2. Pikm

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    Is your copy of FE:F legitimate? (As in you legally paid $39.99 for it)

3. ThomasRobertWade

ThomasRobertWade GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2012
    I'm getting the same with Earthbound, because I just bought it and wanted to use my current save on it.

4. vexkiyro
    OP

vexkiyro Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2014
    United States
    yes its the one from the store te 39 dollar one

5. Aman More

Aman More Newbie

Newcomer
    May 12, 2016
    United States
    I'm also having this issue. I have the officially purchased digital version of Birthright, and I officially bough both the other paths too. If I try to choose the game in svdt or save_manager, i just get a red lower screen and black upper screen. Is there any fix or it yet?

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    9.6+ games are not compatible with save managers available as .3dsx !!

7. Merik2013

Merik2013 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2014
    United States
    You would need one of the more advanced save managers exclusive to cfw users in order to back up 9.6+ titles like Fates.

8. Mrperson0

Mrperson0 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2015
    United States
    As others have said, the Fates digital games are 9.6+ cryptofixed. If you want to use Save Manager or svdt with it, you need to have hax 2.7 installed (newest payload for OoTHax and/or a different version of Ninjhax can do this: http://ihaveamac.github.io/ninjhax2.x/). Also, you need the mmap folder (has two files that are related to Fates Birthright and Conquest, but it's easier to put every file in your SD card) in the root of your SD card: https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls

Last edited by Mrperson0, May 12, 2016
    Omegadrien likes this.
  9. Aman More

Aman More Newbie

Newcomer
    May 12, 2016
    United States
    I have a9lh/Luma3DS running on my 3ds, so CFW isn't a limiting factor. Do you have any suggestions or recommendations for save managers I should use? After checking Google and a bit of /r/3dshacks all I could find were suggestions for svdt or save_manager, both of which have this issue

10. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    You can use JK's save manager: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

Aman More likes this.