ROM Hack Fire Emblem fates digital version save backup problem

vexkiyro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi I have 10.5 homebrew launcher and menuhax installed and I am trying to get fire emblem fates digitial copy backed up but it keeps giving me a red screen no matter if I use svdt or save manager or even hans to use a patch is there something im doing wrong or is it just not compatible as of yet? I have the usa version and it gives me a red screen on any of these homebrews, I also have the one downloaded from the nintendo store if that helps

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi I have 10.5 homebrew launcher and menuhax installed and I am trying to get fire emblem fates digitial copy backed up but it keeps giving me a red screen no matter if I use svdt or save manager or even hans to use a patch is there something im doing wrong or is it just not compatible as of yet? I have the usa version and it gives me a red screen on any of these homebrews, I also have the one downloaded from the nintendo store if that helps
Is your copy of FE:F legitimate? (As in you legally paid $39.99 for it)

Aman More

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also having this issue. I have the officially purchased digital version of Birthright, and I officially bough both the other paths too. If I try to choose the game in svdt or save_manager, i just get a red lower screen and black upper screen. Is there any fix or it yet?

Merik2013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would need one of the more advanced save managers exclusive to cfw users in order to back up 9.6+ titles like Fates.

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As others have said, the Fates digital games are 9.6+ cryptofixed. If you want to use Save Manager or svdt with it, you need to have hax 2.7 installed (newest payload for OoTHax and/or a different version of Ninjhax can do this: http://ihaveamac.github.io/ninjhax2.x/). Also, you need the mmap folder (has two files that are related to Fates Birthright and Conquest, but it's easier to put every file in your SD card) in the root of your SD card: https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls

Last edited by Mrperson0,
Reactions: RealityNinja

Aman More

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would need one of the more advanced save managers exclusive to cfw users in order to back up 9.6+ titles like Fates.

I have a9lh/Luma3DS running on my 3ds, so CFW isn't a limiting factor. Do you have any suggestions or recommendations for save managers I should use? After checking Google and a bit of /r/3dshacks all I could find were suggestions for svdt or save_manager, both of which have this issue

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: Aman More

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all