Status
Not open for further replies.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea why >_> (with me being such a huge FE fan, and having replayed Sacred stones 5+ times), the replayability on this one seems so low.....the lack of job originality and the way the game plays just makes me feel like im playing some other tactics game....still cant wait for the patch though, i gave up on chapter 14 (from boredom not difficutly).

thejellydude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This might actually seem like a totally round-a-bout question, but I wanted to ask the members of the translation team this:
Any tips for learning how to do translation patches, or overall work with games?

I asked this because I have a "Independent Studies in Computer Applications" class for one and a half hours every day once school starts. I kinda wanna be able to start helping with the homebrew/translation community, and was wondering if you guys had any old guides/tips you used. Yeah, I know it's pretty random, but I was just wondering if you guys wouldn't mind giving me some advice, seeing as you've already gone through this "primary learning" phase.

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thejellydude said:
This might actually seem like a totally round-a-bout question, but I wanted to ask the members of the translation team this:
Any tips for learning how to do translation patches, or overall work with games?

I asked this because I have a "Independent Studies in Computer Applications" class for one and a half hours every day once school starts. I kinda wanna be able to start helping with the homebrew/translation community, and was wondering if you guys had any old guides/tips you used. Yeah, I know it's pretty random, but I was just wondering if you guys wouldn't mind giving me some advice, seeing as you've already gone through this "primary learning" phase.
Well you should look at romhacking.net it has a pretty good informational guide on learning how to rom hack. it will teach you the basics. and from there on you can probably learn by yourself

thejellydude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
aznanimefreak1 said:
Well you should look at romhacking.net it has a pretty good informational guide on learning how to rom hack. it will teach you the basics. and from there on you can probably learn by yourself

Sweet, I just took a glance at the site, and it looks amazing. Unfortunately I don't have the time to start anything yet, but thanks for the great tip. I might need to ask you for a little help in the future, so I might ask you about it a little.

one last thing, how long do you think it will take before I can jump on the bandwagon? I really want to be to start helping with some of the projects in the community.

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thejellydude said:
aznanimefreak1 said:

Sweet, I just took a glance at the site, and it looks amazing. Unfortunately I don't have the time to start anything yet, but thanks for the great tip. I might need to ask you for a little help in the future, so I might ask you about it a little.

one last thing, how long do you think it will take before I can jump on the bandwagon? I really want to be to start helping with some of the projects in the community.
Well you can start off slow by tranlating. If you don't know any japanese you can try and use google translate and try to make as much sense of the translation as you can get.

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Lol you didnt have to use "STFU" >_>, thats like the ultimate online insult
Trust me. He posted some random stuff on nuhack's shoutbox. Like telling everyone he just took a dump. Or making a post saying that he is better than everyone else and no one can do anything about it.

Satosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question. Is Noitora's site offline or something? I've been trying to go to it, and it seems to not work for me :/.

SilentRight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
73% of all script translated

Just wondering, but what do you mean by that ^, I'm pretty sure it's not story script, I could be wrong though.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
ENDscape said:
I think that does mean story script.
This game is actually a remake from a previous FE game and most of the story text has already translated there are some extra chapters that were added to this remake that's why it's 73% translated.As a note the text is translated but not put in the rom.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
=] you guys are doing a great job on this translation. i love the fire emblem games i have 3for the gba and the ones for gamecube and wii, i hope you guys completely finish this translation =]

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
David still being persistent and just posting stupid things? Well anyways, the patch should be releasing within the next 2 days, i'll be taking a vacation leave for a day or so. So I will most likely not read your comment until either sunday night or monday night

samuraibunny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yay! Only 2 days left until the next patch!!
smile.gif

Thanks a bunch you guys, I can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Probably.