ROM Hack Fire Emblem DS translation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twilkitri has released his parser, which is how he worked around with the Huffman compression. You could do the same--you'd likely have to add in some of the words yourself, though, as the Huffman trees (or whatever the jargon is) might not have support for all the accented symbols, if needed :x There's also a hack out which circumvents the Huffman compression and allows the game to read ASCII instead, but I'd stay away from that, as those types of hacks have been known to bring up bugs (like freezing at promotion, killing the opening class scroll, no storage capabilities)
frown.gif

QUOTE said:
There are still a few things that puzzle me...like..where can i change the names for things like the "fire emblem" item and the "Magic Shield" i cant find them in the system file..its weird
They look to be graphic :/ I know the Fire Emblem is... for the Magic Shield, if you mean the staff, I can't tell if it's just the VWF or not, but that also looks like it's just graphics.

QUOTE said:
swordmaster, dragon knight and pegasus knight unfortunately T_T
SwordMstr; D. Knight (or DragonKngt; P. Knight (PegasusKnt); FalcKnight for the Falcon Knights... that should work
ohmy.gif
If not, you could use the old-skool cheating method like the Fire Emblem has, and drawn in the words themselves in hopes of being able to squish it all in, hoepfully not making it look bad ion the process.

I have tried to view the graphics with Crystaltile2, Tiled2002, Tile molester and none of them worked.
You need to manually set the viewing dimensions, if memory serves.

terminal71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking maybe PegKnight or Peg Knight for the Pegasus Knight.

@Noitora/aznanimefreak1: will there be a post here to tell us that the patch is up on Noitora's site?

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Celice said:
QUOTE said:
SwordMstr; D. Knight (or DragonKngt; P. Knight (PegasusKnt); FalcKnight for the Falcon Knights... that should work
ohmy.gif
If not, you could use the old-skool cheating method like the Fire Emblem has, and drawn in the words themselves in hopes of being able to squish it all in, hoepfully not making it look bad ion the process.

I had Pegasus Kt and Dragon Kt (also no Falcon Knights in FE DS, when you promote a Pegasus they go into Dragons/Wyverns, i was so surprised lol)

mmm..if they are images too im gonna go find them

kevinup91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nehe32 said:
Celice said:
QUOTE said:
ohmy.gif

I had Pegasus Kt and Dragon Kt (also no Falcon Knights in FE DS, when you promote a Pegasus they go into Dragons/Wyverns, i was so surprised lol)

No, Falcon Knights are present in the game: http://www.serenesforest.net/fe1ds/promo.html

You just have to use the Elysian Whip.

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nehe32 said:
Celice said:
QUOTE said:
ohmy.gif

It would be easier to understand if it was named Peg.Knight and Dra.Knight also Wyv.Knight

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Celice said:
QUOTE said:
No, Falcon Knights are present in the game: http://www.serenesforest.net/fe1ds/promo.html

You just have to use the Elysian Whip.
Along with the item, there's also the name within the data, as well as animation and overworld graphics, as well as stats I'm surprised you guys didn't see them >.>

exactly what i mean..i've never seen them :/ haha

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
aznanimefreak1 said:
nehe32 said:
Celice said:
QUOTE said:
ohmy.gif

It would be easier to understand if it was named Peg.Knight and Dra.Knight also Wyv.Knight

It would be better Pegasus Knt or Dragon Knt. I see "knight" as a title (just like Lieutenant or Sargeant), and those are usually abbreviated (Lt., Sgt., etc).

Just my .02c
smile.gif

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
There's no such thing as a Wyvern Knight in the series >.>

QUOTEDidn't have any luck trying to do it....
Do you know how to?
I never liked TileMolester too much, so I don't know the exacts of it. But I know it's capable of it somehow. Did you try reading their help manual?

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Celice said:
QUOTE said:

QUOTEDidn't have any luck trying to do it....
Do you know how to?
I never liked TileMolester too much, so I don't know the exacts of it. But I know it's capable of it somehow. Did you try reading their help manual?
I don't have it, I'll look for it.

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
terminal71 said:
Celice said:
It's Wyvern Rider and Wyvern Lord. Also, Rekka no Ken uses "Peg Knight"
Ehh just do whatever has to be done to make it look like an authentic Fire Emblem Game. Im ok with whatever named variation is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock