ROM Hack Fire Emblem Conversation Editor (Awakening/Fates)

TomboyGamerXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished adding a support for Reina and Ryoma, worked fine in the conversation maker but not working in-game.
It either skips the entire conversation, showing they reached rank C or only shows Ryoma talking with Reina not appearing, anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

(EDIT: Fixed it. Saving multiple times as a bin.lz caused it not to work, only saving once using that format remedies the error)

Last edited by TomboyGamerXL,

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use this program add extra supports to the game's save file?

Such as:

Vaike and Anna
Chrom and Emmeryn
Lissa and Emmeryn
Panne and Tharja
Jakob and Flora
Dwyer and Flora
Shura and Niles
Peri and Reina

Last edited by Johnny2071,

Eons_Echo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all this, Can this Editor be updated for use with Echoes? I want to start a Expanded Echoes Support Conversation Mod. Thank you.

SirFunkalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the place to bring this up, but I downloaded this today and for some reason neither of the .bat files will open for me. I double-click, and the command prompt comes and goes so fast that I'm only seeing the outline of the window before it's gone, so I have no idea what's causing this error.

The only resource pack I'm missing is the Fates BGM pack. Not sure if I should attempt to use the .jar file, or even how I would go about doing that. Any idea how to fix this, or what's causing the problem? I'm not really sure where to start looking.

EDIT: The answer was stupidly simple: I didn't have Java installed. I'll just see myself out the door now.

Last edited by SirFunkalo,

SirFunkalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • $Wc$Sbv40|1000|$Fo1000|$Sbv100|1000|$Fi1000| = Fade to black/Scene change/Whatever you want to call it, I'm sure you get the point

This might be a dumb question, but how would one implement this sort of thing? When I tried adding it to my script inside {} brackets, it just became part of the text and did some funky things with text wrapping (or more specifically, a lack thereof).

SirFunkalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad you like it! For your questions:

1) I'm not actually sure what the control code to stop BGM playback is, though that's one of the things I've got on the list to investigate. Unfortunately, that means that at the moment the only easy thing to do with BGM is start a new one. I'm sorry about that! It's definitely a priority.

Is it possible to work around this by adding a BGM file that is completely silent? If so, how would one add new BGM to the editor?
I've seen mention of the $Sre control code stopping music playback, but since I'm still unsure how to implement control codes I haven't been able to mess around with it.

snaky-kill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang thing won't even open...

here's the error log

Aug 27, 2019 5:09:33 PM sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.util.io.ByteUtils getFileBytes
SEVERE: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\ellie\Desktop\waekfate cono\resources\global\bin\chars.bin (The system cannot find the path specified)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\ellie\Desktop\waekfate cono\resources\global\bin\chars.bin (The system cannot find the path specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.util.io.ByteUtils.getFileBytes(ByteUtils.java:69)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.ResourceManager.lambda$loadFontCharacters$1(ResourceManager.java:409)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.Config$GameMode.branch(Config.java:131)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.ResourceManager.loadFontCharacters(ResourceManager.java:421)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.ResourceManager.reload(ResourceManager.java:530)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.Config.lambda$static$0(Config.java:261)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$SingleChange.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:182)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:81)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.fireValueChangedEvent(ObjectPropertyBase.java:105)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.markInvalid(ObjectPropertyBase.java:112)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.set(ObjectPropertyBase.java:146)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.Config.loadConfiguration(Config.java:484)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.FireEmblemConversationEditor.main(FireEmblemConversationEditor.java:193)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:389)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:328)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(Unknown Source)

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.wrapper.FontCharacter.<init>(FontCharacter.java:124)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.ResourceManager.lambda$loadFontCharacters$1(ResourceManager.java:417)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.Config$GameMode.branch(Config.java:131)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.ResourceManager.loadFontCharacters(ResourceManager.java:421)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.ResourceManager.reload(ResourceManager.java:530)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.Config.lambda$static$0(Config.java:261)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$SingleChange.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:182)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:81)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.fireValueChangedEvent(ObjectPropertyBase.java:105)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.markInvalid(ObjectPropertyBase.java:112)
at javafx.beans.property.ObjectPropertyBase.set(ObjectPropertyBase.java:146)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.manager.Config.loadConfiguration(Config.java:484)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.FireEmblemConversationEditor.main(FireEmblemConversationEditor.java:193)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:389)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:328)
Exception in Application start method
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:917)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$1(LauncherImpl.java:182)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot bind to null
at javafx.beans.property.StringPropertyBase.bind(StringPropertyBase.java:162)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.EditorPanel.createFileMenu(EditorPanel.java:389)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.EditorPanel.createMenuBar(EditorPanel.java:453)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.EditorPanel.addControls(EditorPanel.java:210)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.EditorPanel.<init>(EditorPanel.java:203)
at sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.FireEmblemConversationEditor.start(FireEmblemConversationEditor.java:132)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$8(LauncherImpl.java:863)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$7(PlatformImpl.java:326)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$5(PlatformImpl.java:295)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$6(PlatformImpl.java:294)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$3(WinApplication.java:177)
... 1 more
Exception running application sahara.cactus.fireemblem.conversation.FireEmblemConversationEditor​

Johnny2071

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big disclaimer: This editor arbitrarily butchers random lines upon each save/load, almost if there's some character limit (a limit to what these character have to say to each other).

Is this why the writing in Fates is so bad?

Anyway, it's screwing with my creative freedom and it's pissing me off.

Here's what I have as intended, even though it's incomplete. Maybe someone can do a better job at making proper work out of what I have.

Attachments

• Vaike x Anna Support (INCOMPLETE).txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 105

fishymart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an issue running my test support through Luma LayeredFS. The game will show me the support background when I click on it, then seconds later brings me back to the support log.

Here is my support text file (under a different name). The support runs fine through the conversation editor, but will not patch to my 3ds. I installed the Gay Awakening Hack for comparison and my support script looks identical (I believe, maybe I missed something?). Any help is appreciated.

Fixed!

Attachments

• henryrobin.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by fishymart,

fishymart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back again, this time with Fates issues.

Support runs fine, but BGM won't load. It reads the BGM fine in the editor, but it's silent in the game.

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
Simply by opening and editing, now in the vanilla story scenes of Awakening there's missing cues and sometimes empty dialog boxes you have to advance and boxes that read "[SE_CHROM_VOICE_EVT_7]" like it's outside on the syntax. Then going to edit it there are some combinations they use officially like "(ENTER: RIGHT, Vaike) (EMOTION SHIFT: CHARACTER, STUFF) [SOUND_EFFECT_X]" that don't register.

fishymart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply by opening and editing, now in the vanilla story scenes of Awakening there's missing cues and sometimes empty dialog boxes you have to advance and boxes that read "[SE_CHROM_VOICE_EVT_7]" like it's outside on the syntax. Then going to edit it there are some combinations they use officially like "(ENTER: RIGHT, Vaike) (EMOTION SHIFT: CHARACTER, STUFF) [SOUND_EFFECT_X]" that don't register.
Fixed this last night! Thanks

Mettatex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hiya, might be a late comment, looking at the latest reply on here, but the Sound and BGM packs for Fates lead to a dead download link. Is there any way to get those files as of now? Cheers.

Reactions: KoopaStarRpad

BigPigeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a couple issues here that I hope I can get some support on.

Display Panel Not Showing: Whenever I use the Conversation Editor nothing appears in the Display Panel. It's just blank, as in the below screenshot. It's like this for every conversation I attempt and whether I'm generating a new one or opening an existing one. Is this an issue with my Javascript?

Script Not Wrapping Text: According to the guide, using the [SCRIPT] header should automatically wrap the text based on maximum possible line breaks, but that doesn't seem to be happening. When I convert to game text the editor isn't adding in the /n breaks where they should be. Is there something I'm missing here?

Attachments

• Conversation Editor Problem.PNG
    Conversation Editor Problem.PNG
    200.7 KB · Views: 259

PixelHacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Grima's sound files that aren't associated with a particular Robin voice, is the correct name to use (for example) SE_VOICE_PLAYER_BAD_M_EVT_1 or SE_VOICE_PLAYER_BAD_M#_EVT_1? The voices I downloaded use the former format, but the placeholder files use the latter.

PixelHacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya, might be a late comment, looking at the latest reply on here, but the Sound and BGM packs for Fates lead to a dead download link. Is there any way to get those files as of now? Cheers.
It's not just Fates -- they're missing for Awakening too. I'd also be interested in getting the bgm files, although I was able to get the sound files from The Sounds Resource.

Reddazrael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...