ROM Hack Fire Emblem Conversation Editor (Awakening/Fates)

Wijetron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting this error when I try to click the text box:

Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.fxmisc.richtext.skin.TextExt.impl_selectionFillProperty()Ljavafx/beans/property/ObjectProperty;

Can someone help me out?

EDIT: I fixed it! fxmisc.richtext is incompatible with Java 9, as it is an older way of making a GUI. So, uninstall java and install Java 8 and it will work! If you're like me and also use Java for development purposes, also uninstall Java 9 SDK tools, etc. so that it works. You can always install it again later with ease so it's not a big deal

Last edited by Wijetron,

ShySeagull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've run into an issue with the script command for a fade to black/scene change. The fade works fine, but the picture never comes back. I can still click A and get through the rest of the dialogue and hear the sound effect for pressing the button, but there's no picture. Am I missing a second command to get the image back? Thanks! :)

Wijetron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've run into an issue with the script command for a fade to black/scene change. The fade works fine, but the picture never comes back. I can still click A and get through the rest of the dialogue and hear the sound effect for pressing the button, but there's no picture. Am I missing a second command to get the image back? Thanks! :)

Make sure you don't have any extra spacing, etc. I've done plenty of fade-to-black scenes and never had this bug.

NicestRicest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I'm pretty sure I installed everything correctly. However, when I start the .bat File (Windows 10), I have the display but no pictures. I went to the MyUnit editor but there's no pictures as well. Everything else seems to be fine. I can make a script but I haven't tried exporting yet. Is there a way to make the pictures show? I updated my Java so I'm not sure what else I can do.

Thanks!

EDIT: Neeevermind! I just had to made a fates folder and copy everything from the global to the fates folder like a user said earlier.

Last edited by NicestRicest,

crazypairingperson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Forget everything else I said, it wasn't anything I couldn't work around. THIS problem is a problem I need fixed:

Well, it's not a problem per se. But I still want to know: How do I edit the faces.bin file? I read that I needed to edit it if I wanted to make supports for custom characters. Seeing as I've recently added some custom characters, I'd like to know exactly what to do so I can give them supports.

Last edited by crazypairingperson,

ChaosFusion

Trophies
XP
Country
So for the fun of it, I'm trying to modify one of the supports for Awakening(MRobin x Lucina using the a modified Gay Awakening support conversation) and I've realised that I have no idea how to add the conversation file via Luma Game Patching.

I've set my Luma folder up as "luma/titles/"EUR Awakening key"/romfs/m/U/プレイヤー女_マルス.bin.lz" with the modified support file in U + game patching enabled however aside from the menu's being slightly laggy, the modified conversation is ignored with the original being played.

Off the top of my head, I think either the name of the original robin lucina support is named differently or I'm missing some files that allow luma to patch the game.

So what am I missing? It is probably something obvious or a small detail I missed.

Love it, got the file name wrong. Wrong order and wrong Kanji letter.

Last edited by ChaosFusion,

Fastesthe1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found this program yesterday, and I am having a blast with it! I'm not doing anything too complex as this is just for fun, but I did come across an issue while trying to write a conversation between Chrom and Azura...
ConvoEditor Issue.png
Chrom's portraits doesn't work on the Fates side. I believe it has something to do with his left/right facing portraits, so can this be fixed please?
Also, could there by chance be a list of usable characters, particularly for generic NPCs and enemies? I haven't been able to figure out how to use those.

NostalgicPoet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you don't have any extra spacing, etc. I've done plenty of fade-to-black scenes and never had this bug.
Would you mind telling me the command for the fade-to-black scenes? I tried $Wc$Sbv40|1000|$Fo1000|$Sbv100|1000|$Fi1000| from the second page, but I didn't work for me. Is there a script command for this?

PleaseHelpImclueless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone figured out how to get this to work on the Macbook? That's the system I use and I've been reading through the comments of the thread and I still can't get it to work. Doesn't help that I can't remember much about code, let alone read it. I'm kinda clueless on what exactly I am missing. Or what software. I feel like I need like a 'This is how open Fire Emblem Conversation Editor' for dummies.

Every time I try to use the .sh files I get this:

if [ -e "target/fe-conversation-editor.jar" ]; then
java -Dprism.order=sw -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5 -Xms64m -Xmx512m -jar target/fe-conversation-editor.jar "$@"
else
if [ -e "bin/fe-conversation-editor.jar" ]; then
java -Dprism.order=sw -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5 -Xms64m -Xmx512m -jar bin/fe-conversation-editor.jar "$@"
else
if [ -e "fe-conversation-editor.jar" ]; then
mkdir bin
mv fe-conversation-editor.jar bin/fe-conversation-editor.jar
java -Dprism.order=sw -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5 -Xms64m -Xmx512m -jar bin/fe-conversation-editor.jar "$@"
fi
fi
fi

Please help. I want to use this without buying an expensive PC.

Lyrikin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lyrikin.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I need some help running the .bat file (windows 10) to enter the application.

Every time I double click it, the command window pops up for a second then self closes. I've tried manually running it, and also editing the .bat file to pause and see what happened but it still won't work.

I'm not sure if i'm missing something here and would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you!

Nevermind I got it to work!

Last edited by Lyrikin,

livipup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I downloaded the latest version and all the resource files, but when I try to open the application nothing happens. :(

EDIT: I got it to open by loading the jar directly, but I don't know what files are dialogue files, so I can't test to make sure it's actually working as intended.

EDIT: Managed to find the dialogue files when I noticed a bunch of files in m with Japanese file names. I wasn't able to edit the text in the files though. I was only able to read them and see how the scenes would look in game.

Last edited by livipup,

TomboyGamerXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I managed to get the sw version of the program to open but when I try typing in the development area, no text appears.
If I click reload text, dialogue appears in the simulator but I still can't see it in the development area. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

livipup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I managed to get the sw version of the program to open but when I try typing in the development area, no text appears.
If I click reload text, dialogue appears in the simulator but I still can't see it in the development area. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!
Is the box completely white for you too? I didn't try actually typing anything when I launched the program, but if this is a common issue it may be something related to the latest release of the tool.

TomboyGamerXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the box completely white for you too? I didn't try actually typing anything when I launched the program, but if this is a common issue it may be something related to the latest release of the tool.
I went ahead and tried using all the old releases. Unfortunately, no difference. I'm gonna try to get the java version to work and see if that makes any difference.

crescentseas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was messing around with this, i love it ! was wondering how to access gerome's alternate portraits. the "bashful" emotion just reads as his normal angry emotion, and i have no clue how to access the portraits of him with the mask off. does anyone know ?

livipup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I went ahead and tried using all the old releases. Unfortunately, no difference. I'm gonna try to get the java version to work and see if that makes any difference.
I ended up just editing the files manually and using the Conversation Editor to figure out which files I wanted to edit. It was a little bit more difficult, but the syntax isn't overly complicated. If you look up a reference for it it's incredibly simple actually.

Lothiriel_Enya

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶e̶r̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶ .

̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶d̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶8̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶i̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶.̶b̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶.̶

Never mind.... I was just being the idiotic me

Last edited by Lothiriel_Enya,

SoraSM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶e̶r̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶ .

̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶d̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶8̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶i̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶.̶b̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶.̶

Never mind.... I was just being the idiotic me
What was the issue I been trying to get to work but not sure what Im doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all