ROM Hack Fire Emblem Awakening Same-Sex Marriage (+ More)

Yuno_Gasai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can find, if you can use SecretiveCactus's conversation editor, you can find and edit the text for Lucina's judgement event in romfs\m\E as 021.bin.lz (romfs being the file I named for all the Fire Emblem Awakening files I have). I believe each 0xx.bin.lz in romfs\m\E are files corresponding to the cutscene text, the xx being the chapter number, while E0xx.bin.lz is for Xenologues and X0xx.bin.lz is for Paralogues, then the rest are mostly just files like ウード_フレデリク_親子.bin.lz (ウード being Owain, フレデリク being his father (in this case, it's Fredrick) and 親子 stating that this is a parent, child relationship) which are character support relationships.
Danke for finding out where the file was. ^ w ^
I'm pretty sure I was able to edit the conversation successfully. Now, I have 2 versions of the modded game, one with my custom conversation edits for the judgement scene for if I want to pair female Robin with Lucina, and one without for all other pairings with female Robin. It seemed pretty easy after I knew where the file was stored. Danke so much again sweetie. ❤ mgmwah

Reactions: DatUSAGuy

DatUSAGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Danke for finding out where the file was. ^ w ^
I'm pretty sure I was able to edit the conversation successfully. Now, I have 2 versions of the modded game, one with my custom conversation edits for the judgement scene for if I want to pair female Robin with Lucina, and one without for all other pairings with female Robin. It seemed pretty easy after I knew where the file was stored. Danke so much again sweetie. ❤ mgmwah
Took me soooooooooooo long to realize that danke means thank you, so hopefully if someone reads all the messages, then they won’t take literal days to realize danke means thank you, instead, they’ll just either realize immediately or just read one comment down to learn what danke means.
(BTW, it’s German according to the 2 second google search I did)

Reactions: Yuno_Gasai

DatUSAGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I read the whole form and i almost got it to work but im missing one thing. Im trying to get this to work with citra and ive got as far as extracting the 3ds file, however it seems like there isnt a romfs file to replace with the new gayawakening romfs? It only gave me a bunch of .bin files but no individual folders for anything. when i just drag and drop the gayawakening folder and try to put it back together citra cant read the new file. thanks in advanced!
There isn’t any romfs folder in the awakening files, instead, the romfs folder should just be considered the location of the new mod files so what I recommend is that you go into the romfs folder for the mod and merge the folders inside with the original awakening folders and replace anything in the original folder with stuff in the new folder (if there is anything).

One problem you could also be having is that the modded files are called .bin.lz files and the extracted files you have are in .bin format so I’m not sure if this was miscommunicated or if it is a actuall problem with how you extracted the awakening files.

If neither of these work, the last solution I can think to fix this right now is to just redo everything in case something went wrong during the extraction process or if something went wrong with downloading although I would not blame you for not wanting to do this since whenever I do stuff like this and then try redoing it, I come to the same problem on every attempt so don’t feel bad if you don’t even try redoing this whole process, I know this kind of stuff takes time.

NOTE: I don’t know how citra works and I doubt that I can even get citra to run on my computer that can’t even run gba games reasonably fast, so if there’s problems on the citra end, I can’t be of much help.

Yuno_Gasai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I read the whole form and i almost got it to work but im missing one thing. Im trying to get this to work with citra and ive got as far as extracting the 3ds file, however it seems like there isnt a romfs file to replace with the new gayawakening romfs? It only gave me a bunch of .bin files but no individual folders for anything. when i just drag and drop the gayawakening folder and try to put it back together citra cant read the new file. thanks in advanced!
I recommend using DotNet 3DS Toolkit v1.4.6 for your unpacking and repacking if you're currently experiencing problems with your current tool. To install the mod though, you will want to only use the right one for your version. For me, it was the HANS->NA->romf folder within the mod that I had to drag and replace in my extracted .3ds game files. With the tool I referenced, it will extract the file contents to an output folder; within the output folder you will see the romf folder that you need to access to install the mod.

If the program is not outputing the expected files, it is likely that your .3ds file for the game is encrypted. You will need to run it through a decryption software so that the extractor can successfully unpack and repack the .3ds game contents (this also is necessary for citra to work correctly). I used the Batch CIA 3DS Decryptor to decrypt my .3ds game files and had great success with it, so perhaps you can try using that one too. I hope that helps you in getting the game and mod to work with citra. ^ w ^ ❤

Last edited by Yuno_Gasai,
Reactions: DatUSAGuy

baeddelscully

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Made an account for this thread! I found this project after coming to the 3DS over the holidays and sinking a lot of time into FE:A.

Despite how impressed I was by the English localisation I became pretty critical of the source material. It started with the game writing itself into corners, such as completely obviating its own permadeath mechanics for the sake of certain """plot-essential""" characters, and ended with seeing relationships developing between characters that I felt had zero chemistry while same-gender relationships with far better chemistry were exclusively platonic. As for people who've said, "why change the game into something it's not," honestly, I feel like the franchise did a disservice to its entire fanbase by giving us inter-character development which didn't match to the wonderful depth and breadth of other parts of the game, something the devs surely regret in hindsight. It makes the world feel smaller than it ought to, and our choices less meaningful.

I think the fact that we're still here almost four years after this thread began really shows there is a passionate audience for FE:A which feels the same way. I for one think the devs would be flattered and impressed to see their fanbase continuing to tell their own stories in the world, and keeping FE:A alive almost six years since its release.

Happy new year all!

DatUSAGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made an account for this thread! I found this project after coming to the 3DS over the holidays and sinking a lot of time into FE:A.

Despite how impressed I was by the English localisation I became pretty critical of the source material. It started with the game writing itself into corners, such as completely obviating its own permadeath mechanics for the sake of certain """plot-essential""" characters, and ended with seeing relationships developing between characters that I felt had zero chemistry while same-gender relationships with far better chemistry were exclusively platonic. As for people who've said, "why change the game into something it's not," honestly, I feel like the franchise did a disservice to its entire fanbase by giving us inter-character development which didn't match to the wonderful depth and breadth of other parts of the game, something the devs surely regret in hindsight. It makes the world feel smaller than it ought to, and our choices less meaningful.

I think the fact that we're still here almost four years after this thread began really shows there is a passionate audience for FE:A which feels the same way. I for one think the devs would be flattered and impressed to see their fanbase continuing to tell their own stories in the world, and keeping FE:A alive almost six years since its release.

Happy new year all!
I’m very glad to see posts like this since they make me feel like we’re all part of a fantastic community that makes me so happy to help and be a part of, even if I am somewhat anonymous.

Last edited by DatUSAGuy,

TopTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did the Luma method but when the characters get level s (for exemple tiki x sayri) the support conversation doens't appears and the supports like Tharja x Chrom doens't evolve either.
Did i make something wrong?

Pahhur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm looking at wanting to play through this (all units x all units support is 100% something I always wanted out of these games) But it sounds like this isn't quite there yet. Does anyone have a list of support pairings that are still missing? I'm an okay writer and wouldn't mind helping fill in anything that is still not there.

livipup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm running this mod through the HANS files on the European version of Fire Emblem Awakening and I've noticed a couple problems. Panne and Nowi's C-rank dialogue didn't initiate. I assume this also means the rest of their dialogue will have the same problem. I also had some text scroll vertically really quickly in Panne and Olivia's C-rank dialogue. Like, it just went above the text box and disappeared then the next line of text appeared. That was right near the end and after that line I had to click a whole bunch of times in order to get the dialogue to end. I thought my game might have been stuck for a moment until the box finally disappeared and the conversation ended.

Baniita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Anyone else +1 for Lon'qu and Libra C-S support? :D I already married them sadly but... lmao

2. Also, what are the best matchups for stats and stuff?

3. For children. I have no idea how children inherit abilities and going through the thread page by page is making me go < _> (edit: I searched 'skills' but :@) yeah I didn't figure it out. also how do I control if the child is m or f.... eeeh...)

Last edited by Baniita,

NohrNoble-Soleil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
tyrunt.co.vu
XP
Country
United States
1. Anyone else +1 for Lon'qu and Libra C-S support? :D I already married them sadly but... lmao

2. Also, what are the best matchups for stats and stuff?

3. For children. I have no idea how children inherit abilities and going through the thread page by page is making me go < _> (edit: I searched 'skills' but :@) yeah I didn't figure it out. also how do I control if the child is m or f.... eeeh...)

I can't really answer the first two questions, but as for #3, children inherit 1 skill from each parent, and they get the skill in the last slot from each. As far as I know, the only exceptions are Chrom's children, which his daughters will inherit Aether and his sons will inherit Rightful King from him no matter what, and whichever skill the other parent has in the last slot.

And the only child you can control the gender of is Morgan, which is determined by the Robin you pick! If you play as the girl Robin, you'll end up with the boy Morgan, and vice versa, unless you found a patch or save editing method to get both Morgans in one save file. Every other child's gender is set in stone.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Baniita

livipup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone help me? I have a decrypted .3ds file and any attempt to extract a .cia file from it has not worked.
I'm not sure why you need a .cia file, so I'll just tell you what I did. I decrypted my rom in PackHack v9 (the latest version wouldn't work and somebody suggested v9 which did work for me) then I dropped the files from the HANS folder into their respective locations in the extracted rom data. I don't actually know what the different folders in the archive are for, but I think they're like installers or something. If you install manually I imagine there will be no issue regardless of which files you use. I believe in Awakening the two folders where data from this mod are contained are m and data. If you see folders that don't seem to belong just don't copy them over.

LeafsShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why you need a .cia file, so I'll just tell you what I did. I decrypted my rom in PackHack v9 (the latest version wouldn't work and somebody suggested v9 which did work for me) then I dropped the files from the HANS folder into their respective locations in the extracted rom data. I don't actually know what the different folders in the archive are for, but I think they're like installers or something. If you install manually I imagine there will be no issue regardless of which files you use. I believe in Awakening the two folders where data from this mod are contained are m and data. If you see folders that don't seem to belong just don't copy them over.
Of the few install instructions I understood I was told to get a cia file. I'm supposed to extract the cia file and then overwrite a folder with the files in the mod. Also you lost me at "HANS folder" and I generally didn't understand what you were saying.

livipup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of the few install instructions I understood I was told to get a cia file. I'm supposed to extract the cia file and then overwrite a folder with the files in the mod. Also you lost me at "HANS folder" and I generally didn't understand what you were saying.
Did you download the mod files? There should be three folders inside which refer to different ways to install the mod.

LeafsShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you download the mod files? There should be three folders inside which refer to different ways to install the mod.
As far as I can tell they don't come with instructions. And most of the guides I read I can't understand or when I tried it I didn't get any extracted files. At this moment my goal is to extract the game files. After that I should be able to slap the mod on and recompile it into a .3ds file with one of the many tools I downloaded trying to extract the files in the first place. It's as simple as that but so far nothing I have done has gotten me something that I can work with.

livipup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As far as I can tell they don't come with instructions. And most of the guides I read I can't understand or when I tried it I didn't get any extracted files. At this moment my goal is to extract the game files. After that I should be able to slap the mod on and recompile it into a .3ds file with one of the many tools I downloaded trying to extract the files in the first place. It's as simple as that but so far nothing I have done has gotten me something that I can work with.
Your rom is decompressed right? You should be able to extract the data using v9 of PackHack, move the files for the mod into the appropriate folders (m and data), then rebuild the rom. If you need it in an encrypted format after you'll have to figure out how to do that on your own, but it shouldn't be too hard. I've heard there's plenty of way to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4