ROM Hack Fire Emblem Awakening Same-Sex Marriage (+ More)

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I got everything to work but I still have my old save files, am I supposed to delete them in order for the rom hack to work?
No, you don't have to delete them. The only thing that could happen to them was if you married two units in a pairing I removed, they won't show up as married anymore.

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i placed the romfs called 000a0500.romfs. i think im gonna have to start all over again and see what i did wrong :(

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Well, for now, I'll play the waiting game (a new Exploit is being worked on to allow downgrading, I'm going to downgrade and install NTR so freaking fast when it comes out), while also poking around some more of the files, I'm trying to see if I can find the file that contains the character labels, see if I can at least make some changes to it, I found a bunch of system files for stuff like Menus, Character Death Quotes for both Classic and Casual, and I even found the DLC script files, hell, for some reason even the DLC skill descriptions are found within the game files, so I have no idea why they show up as Outrealm Skill/Unit/Class.

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, for now, I'll play the waiting game (a new Exploit is being worked on to allow downgrading, I'm going to downgrade and install NTR so freaking fast when it comes out), while also poking around some more of the files, I'm trying to see if I can find the file that contains the character labels, see if I can at least make some changes to it, I found a bunch of system files for stuff like Menus, Character Death Quotes for both Classic and Casual, and I even found the DLC script files, hell, for some reason even the DLC skill descriptions are found within the game files, so I have no idea why they show up as Outrealm Skill/Unit/Class.
Yeah, I've seen most of that stuff already, I just couldn't find the level up quotes for some reason.

TildeHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If by character labels you mean the MPID Labels then they are in the Gamedata.bin.lz in the m/E folder. Editing is like normal and you can actually add some labels that aren't in Static.bin and repoint a characters name to it.
6w5nlbI.png
SMg2WJB.png
I added one of the unused character labels to static.bin and repointed Male Morgan's to it.

I've mostly figured out how Static.bin works and a bunch of other stuff. The mysterious pointer points to a block of bytes that align with the number of unique map sprites a character gets(I didn't check everyone and some are off by one). If it's FF then it's not unique and if it's something else then there's a unique map sprite. Then there is a block of pointers that point to whenever a label is called. This is why adding supports/Classes that were normally null breaks the game. I tried to repoint that block but the game doesn't like it when you do that. It'll probably work if you manually add the pointers but then you'd have to repoint ever label in the file. And considering there and 200+ different Labels and 1157 times they're called... Yeah not doing that.

The support log is in RelianceList.bin. It's a lot of pointers and stuff but I did manage to change some stuff.
sTxflPW.png
I basically just changed Chrom to have the same supports as Male MU but you can mess around with it more.

Chapter Events are in the scripts folder as cmb files. They are... hard to explain but once you get it they're pretty easy to read. I've managed to add some events.
HnTEfsn.png
MqVpNPf.png
I can also add some stuff with the forced marriage in Chapter 11(The force marriage is automated by the game by checking who can be S supported with the least amount of points), but I can't get the unit to spawn in the map so it's kind of bleh.

Last edited by TildeHat,

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If by character labels you mean the MPID Labels then they are in the Gamedata.bin.lz in the m/E folder. Editing is like normal and you can actually add some labels that aren't in Static.bin and repoint a characters name to it.
6w5nlbI.png
SMg2WJB.png
I added one of the unused character labels to static.bin and repointed Male Morgan's to it.

I've mostly figured out how Static.bin works and a bunch of other stuff. The mysterious pointer points to a block of bits that align with the number of unique map sprites a character gets(I didn't check everyone and some are off by one). If it's FF then it's not unique and if it's something else then there's a unique map sprite. Then there is a block of pointers that point to whenever a label is called. This is why adding supports/Classes that were normally null breaks the game. I tried to repoint that block but the game doesn't like it when you do that. It'll probably work if you manually add the pointers but then you'd have to repoint ever label in the file. And considering there and 200+ different Labels and 1157 times they're called... Yeah not doing that.

The support log is in RelianceList.bin. It's a lot of pointers and stuff but I did manage to change some stuff.
sTxflPW.png
I basically just changed Chrom to have the same supports as Male MU but you can mess around with it more.

Chapter Events are in the scripts folder as cmb files. They are... hard to explain but once you get it they're pretty easy to read. I've managed to add some events.
HnTEfsn.png
MqVpNPf.png
I can also add some stuff with the forced marriage in Chapter 11(The force marriage is automated by the game by checking who can be S supported with the least amount of points), but I can't get the unit to spawn in the map so it's kind of bleh.

Woah woah woah! These are all great finds, even if some of it goes a little over my head! I have a few questions.
  • Is it terribly difficult to learn how to do stuff like this? Because I'm going to admit right now that I'm completely inexperienced.
  • So, essentially, changing a character's overall number of supports and giving them new classes to pass down to kids is technically possible, but extremely tedious to do? Just how tedious is it, and would it probably be too much for a novice like me to even just try to add the class inheritance stuff?
  • Is the support log easier to change? If so, how exactly do I go about doing it? It would be a lot easier to test and re-test supports if I could just see them from the support log.
  • I know you said they're hard to explain, but could you try explaining how the chapter scripts work and how to change them? I really want to add in more Chapter 11/Chapter12/Chapter 13 Lucina parent-dependent convos, the Lucina's Judgement scene for both a F!Robin spouse and M!Robin parent, and maybe even lines in the ending that change if a unit is your spouse/kid/whatever.
Sorry for bombarding you with all these questions! If it's too much to answer don't feel pressured to.

Edit: Also, what's the easiest way to open and edit .cmb files?

Last edited by UnassumingVenusaur,

TildeHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it terribly difficult to learn how to do stuff like this? Because I'm going to admit right now that I'm completely inexperienced.
Knowing how to read a hex editor and knowing about pointers helps a lot. Most of the things I do is guess work and comparing to other files in the game.
So, essentially, changing a character's overall number of supports and giving them new classes to pass down to kids is technically possible, but extremely tedious to do? Justhow tedious is it, and would it probably be too much for a novice like me to even just try to add the class inheritance stuff?
It's not really hard work, just replacing all the pointers with new ones but it'll take a TON of time to do.
Is the support log easier to change? If so, how exactly do I go about doing it? It would be a lot easier to test and re-test supports if I could just see them from the support log.
It's not hard just follow the pointers and change up a few bytes. Adding in supports in the log is the same problem as static.bin though I haven't played around with the file too much. Here's an example of a support
Code:
03 00 04 00 00 03 4B 01
This is Chrom+Lissa's A Support. The first four bytes follows as [First Partner] 00 [Second Partner] 00. Next byte is determining if it's a normal(00), parent/child(01) or sibling(02) support. The fifth Byte is support level. This is pretty self explanatory. The last two bytes aren't important if we're using the max support global file.
I know you said they're hard to explain, but could you try explaining how the chapter scripts work and how to change them? I really want to add in more Chapter 11/Chapter12/Chapter 13 Lucina parent-dependent convos, the Lucina's Judgement scene for both a F!Robin spouse and M!Robin parent, and maybe even lines in the ending that change if a unit is your spouse/kid/whatever.
Event files are just a bunch of pointers to labels and events. Open up the files in a hex editor and go from there. In the pointer to a label is the offset where that label is placed in the file minus the four bytes at 0x20 in little endian(reverse them). So for example in 011.cmb if you want to figure out where they play the MID_012_OP2 text event, find where that label is placed (it's at 0x2806) and subtract it with the four bytes at 0x20(which are DE 23 00 00. Reversing them gets 00 00 23 DE). Doing this gets 0x0428 and search for that in the file and that's where it's played in the events. If you want to add to an event, I recommend repointing the event to the bottom of the file(game won't scream at you) so you don't mess up with where the labels are placed.

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knowing how to read a hex editor and knowing about pointers helps a lot. Most of the things I do is guess work and comparing to other files in the game.
It's not really hard work, just replacing all the pointers with new ones but it'll take a TON of time to do.
It's not hard just follow the pointers and change up a few bytes. Adding in supports in the log is the same problem as static.bin though I haven't played around with the file too much. Here's an example of a support
Code:
03 00 04 00 00 03 4B 01
This is Chrom+Lissa's A Support. The first four bytes follows as [First Partner] 00 [Second Partner] 00. Next byte is determining if it's a normal(00), parent/child(01) or sibling(02) support. The fifth Byte is support level. This is pretty self explanatory. The last two bytes aren't important if we're using the max support global file.
Event files are just a bunch of pointers to labels and events. Open up the files in a hex editor and go from there. In the pointer to a label is the offset where that label is placed in the file minus the four bytes at 0x20 in little endian(reverse them). So for example in 011.cmb if you want to figure out where they play the MID_012_OP2 text event, find where that label is placed (it's at 0x2806) and subtract it with the four bytes at 0x20(which are DE 23 00 00. Reversing them gets 00 00 23 DE). Doing this gets 0x0428 and search for that in the file and that's where it's played in the events. If you want to add to an event, I recommend repointing the event to the bottom of the file(game won't scream at you) so you don't mess up with where the labels are placed.

Ok... thanks a lot! It's honestly a little intimidating but I'll see if I can figure something out. Unfortunately I still know little to nothing about pointers (maybe I could try to find a guide somewhere?) and Hex editing, while I'm getting better, is still pretty new to me. Hopefully I'm not too out of my depth here, lol...

And by the "support level" in the support log, what do you mean? Is that the level those two characters have achieved? Or the number of conversations they have?

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Support level is C,B,A or S rank. They are 01, 02, 03 or 04 respectively.
But in terms of the support log, does this signify that the characters have achieved that support level (which I assume would be handled by the global file instead?) or that that is the maximum support level they can achieve?

Edit: Oh, wait... looking at the file now, I see what you mean. Does this mean that we can't, say, give an S Support to two characters w/an existing support without the game freezing? If so, that kind of sucks...

Last edited by UnassumingVenusaur,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!