Fire Emblem: Awakening Nintendo 3DS Bundle coming to North America

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The Nintendo 3DS bundle which was originally released in Japan has been confirmed to be coming overseas to the West. The bundle will come with Fire Emblem: Awaenking pre-installed. A price has not be given as of yet and Nintendo says that more details will come forward later this month. Fire Emblem: Awakening is set for release on February 4th.

:arrow: Siliconera

Damn it. Now I'll have to dump my Japanese bundle ASAP. :(

Anyway, honestly don't see the point this. Maybe if they upgraded it to a XL I could see the value.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's less than 200$, I might consider trading my DS Lite and PSP GO toward it (Since I never use them). But the fact its pre-installed and not a XL really killed the deal for me.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No thanks. I could care less about a game series most people never heard of. I rather have an updated version of final fantasy tactics advanced.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WHY ISN'T IT AN XL?!

Gah. I like it, but I'll stick with my 3DS xl.

Probably because they are trying to clear out stock on the original design. Odds are Nintendo will scale back the production of the original model and maybe introduce another revision in a year or two. The only reason they sold bundles of the XL model was so they could move units, even though buying a bundle costs the same as buying the console plus the game.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As mentioned in almost every post above mine, would have preferred if this were on the XL. I prefer the matte finish to the original's gloss. Another gripe I have is the fact that the game is not the physical copy (like pretty much every other bundle out there now) :(

But hey, at least they tried. Good effort Ninty.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn. Not being a PoS XL actually makes this bundle pretty appealing, and I already own a damn 3DS.

Decisions decisions...though my girlfriend would probably kill me and steal it if I did buy it.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OH MY GOD...

I am crazy I know:

If this bundle comes to Europe(and we get a digital copy as well) then I will get both the game(for my 3DS XL) and this bundle <3

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a big of emblems or anything on my electronics. I'm a Plain Jane kinda guy when it comes to that. So this doesn't interest me much and I'm in the market for a XL anyway, not a baby-sized screen like the rest of you plebs.

As for Fire Emblem, it's actually the last SRPG I played really (Shadow Dragon the DS). Well made games but I just can't stand to play SRPGs anymore unless they're really really different (like Valkyria Chronicles).

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably because they are trying to clear out stock on the original design. Odds are Nintendo will scale back the production of the original model and maybe introduce another revision in a year or two. The only reason they sold bundles of the XL model was so they could move units, even though buying a bundle costs the same as buying the console plus the game.

Nintendo isn't gonna cut back on productions of the regular size of the 3DS just because there's an XL option. People enjoy the portability of the smaller version, the cheaper price, etc.
DSI production wasn't ceased just because there was a DSI XL.
Now a revision is POSSIBLE, but that's not going to stop production at all any time soon.

Par39

The Life Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
*looks at almost empty bank account* I hope this doesn't come to Europe, otherwise will have to think of a way to make money fast Q~Q ...so pretty *Q*
...or convince someone who has it borrow it <-< and then make them pry it off my cold, dead hands to get it back >-> *is not in obsessed fangirl mode, noooooope*

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
*looks at almost empty bank account* I hope this doesn't come to Europe, otherwise will have to think of a way to make money fast Q~Q ...so pretty *Q*
...or convince someone who has it borrow it <-< and then make them pry it off my cold, dead hands to get it back >-> *is not in obsessed fangirl mode, noooooope*

You're a girl... I don't have to think very long for a way for you to make quick money... :creep:
hehe... sorry, just had to...
aaaanyway :D Pre-installed doesn't sound as tempting as the actual cartridge being bundled... and it would've looked better as copper/bronze brown/red.... like the cover for the DS game...

Par39

The Life Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You're a girl... I don't have to think very long for a way for you to make quick money... :creep:
hehe... sorry, just had to...
aaaanyway :D Pre-installed doesn't sound as tempting as the actual cartridge being bundled... and it would've looked better as copper/bronze brown/red.... like the cover for the DS game...
...what does me being a girl have to do with.... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH O////////////////////////////O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k