ROM Hack fire emblem 12 ds graphic editing

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, so i downloaded the patch for english of fire emblem 12ds, but i noticed that the graphics are still jap. is there any way to insert the graphics from fire emblem 11 ds (ie. menu gfx, font (like english font for name input) etc.) into fe12ds?

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
since I am not familiar with fire emblem the actual names of these games are?
But other wise, to answer your question yes. It might mean some work on whomever is doing it.
Issues that might come up:
these games could use different formats
it may not be as easy as just coying some files over
the menus may not be the same, so copying those images over might be useless.
As to the font yes, fairly easy.

but all this is....
why not ask the actual people who did the patch themselves?

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Person, not people. You're the same guy who PM'd me; I gave you the run-down of it. IIRC the menu text isn't graphical, for the most part. The parts that are graphical are usually decompressed by LZ77. However you also have to take into account the TSA. I suggest GBAGE for these kind of graphical edits. Actually making the graphics is another thing within itself, of course.

If the graphics aren't some standard compression (you can usually tell by looking at the header of the file and possibly the file extension, if you're already familiar with the file extensions the game uses) then that's something different that I'm not experienced with, unfortunately, and you'll have to figure out on your own.

While I'm at it, I've already cracked how to do a dialog translation, with some help. Fixing the issue of certain fonts not working in certain areas is another matter that I've only thought about and haven't cracked because I quit the project. As I said in the PM, if you just check on my website or google "fire emblem DS documentation" you should find a lot of useful info that can be applied to FE12, even if it's FE11 based. Unfortunately my notes on FE12 itself are scrambled and few because I did that patch in a rush and not very professionally (if you couldn't already tell).

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes i can already tell. i will read up on this documentation and try to learn how to hack this game, as i would like to have a finished menu (atleast) patch of the game. just please answer my question in the pm about the font file. thanks for your help so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0