Finding a AC Adapter - Fat XBOX 360: Jasper

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Bathier, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Bathier
    OP

Bathier Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2013
    United States
    So recently I got a XBOX360 (without the power supply, bad idea) for free, so right now I'm trying to find an ac adapter and so far no luck. I'm wondering, are they still selling those Fat XBOX 360 AC adapters or should I find some kind of slim to fat adapters?
    Thank you!

2. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    The PSUs aren't backwards compatible, just forwards. So you can't power a fat 360 with a slim PSU as it doesn't output enough power, however you can power newer 360s with older PSUs. What this means for you is that since the Jasper is the newest fat 360 mobo, you can power it with ANY fat PSU. Check out eBay, Craigslist, or Gamestop if you want a used one, new you can probably find on Amazon or maybe even on Microsoft's website. Me personally I like to get the 203w ones, they're the oldest ones and thus the most compatible - you can power any 360 with them, including slims if you buy an adapter (though the latter point holds true for all PSUs). However, you'd want to look for 203w, 175w, or 150w ones, all of which are compatible with the Jasper mobo.

3. gypsynimrod

gypsynimrod Banned

Banned
    Sep 2, 2014
    Fiji
  4. Bathier
    OP

Bathier Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2013
    United States
    I did look it up on ebay and yea they have it, but I don't have an ebay account (nor I plan to have one, I tried signing up for ebay this summer, the sign up was pretty much a pain). I assumed they had it at other places and there was no luck, so that's why I tried I asked here. But yea, after Sicklyboy's comment, I was able to find one. Thank you!

5. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    If you've got a Jasper box then you can get any kind of PSU made for the phats.
    I'd say get the cheapest one available.