Homebrew Finally got GBC/GBA Games working on Wii Menu (maybe N64 ROMs over 64mb?)

TheN64man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty simple, too, so I dunno. It's pretty much just emulation except that it only runs one game immediately, simulating
virtual console games. Example, if you were to put Link's Awakening on the Wii Menu, starting it would play Link's Awakening.

You just put mGBA on your SD card and add a meta.xml argument to start a game from the ROMs folder instantly, then use
ModMii classic to make a .dol file that redirects you to the boot.dol in your mGBA folder and inject the new .dol into a wad with
CustomizeMii and then it works. I could go more into detail, but the process is so simple that it seems unnecessary.

Such argument would look like this:
<arguments>
<arg>sd:/roms/linkawakening.gbc</arg>
</arguments>

Make sure the argument is a between "<app>" and "</app>" or it'll be ignored.

lead it to your game, though. Another copy of mGBA in a different folder with a ModMii dol pointing to it leads to another game,
and so on. A similar process could probably work with other emulators for games that don't work with Wii's emulator.

I joined GBATemp just to point this out to people who don't know.

Last edited by TheN64man,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
It's pretty simple, too, so I dunno. It's pretty much just emulation except that it only runs one game immediately, simulating
virtual console games. Example, if you were to put Link's Awakening on the Wii Menu, starting it would play Link's Awakening.

You just put mGBA on your SD card and add a meta.xml argument to start a game from the ROMs folder instantly, then use
ModMii classic to make a .dol file that redirects you to the boot.dol in your mGBA folder and inject the new .dol into a wad with
CustomizeMii and then it works. I could go more into detail, but the process is so simple that it seems unnecessary.

Such argument would look like this:
<arguments>
<arg>sd:/roms/linkawakening.gbc</arg>
</arguments>

Make sure the argument is a between "<app>" and "</app>" or it'll be ignored.

lead it to your game, though. Another copy of mGBA in a different folder with a ModMii dol pointing to it leads to another game,
and so on. A similar process could probably work with other emulators for games that don't work with Wii's emulator.

I joined GBATemp just to point this out to people who don't know.

Nice, but here in this post i've made several Single ROM Loaders for some best Wii homebrew emulators of NES, SNES, N64, PS1, GB, GBC, GBA, and more, here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-coll...-for-some-best-wii-homebrew-emulators.591509/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1