Hacking FINALLY!!! A Fix for The October 23d update!!!

IOS37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Start a session of Zelda and make a savegame
- Close you session of Zelda
- Put the SD card into your Wii
- Go into Wii Options --> Data Managment --> Save Date --> Wii
- Find your Zelda savegame, click on it, click "Erase", and click "Yes"

If you go into the disc channel and let the splash screen boot up then exit you can copy over saves.
You don't have to create a save or even boot up the game.

hsnag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you could install the IOS16 then you could also install the IOS30 and IOS36 (Get them from game iso image). Those IOS30 and IOS36 are also signed by N and without the patch (means it has the fake sign bug there).
If this is the case, why not just install the IOS30 and IOS36? Then you don't need the IOS16, WadManager16, cIOS downgrader and IOS downgrader.
1. Get all the IOS from a game image.
2. Install Homebrew
3. Use WadManager1.3 to install the IOS30 and IOS36. If you like you can install all the IOSes.
4. Use AnyTtileDeleter to delete the IOS51.
5. Use the IOS51 and WiiShop Installer to install the IOS51 and patch it.
After those steps, in your system only the IOS37 has the patch. And you have still have the system menu 3.3 and wii shop.

hsnag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
you can't overwrite a newer version of an IOS, you have to delete it, and for the deletion, you have to use the signing bug.

Not true. I just overwrite the IOS30 and IOS36 to put back the fake sign bug without any problem and confirmed it works.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
but you already head a different ios with fakesgning bug. my tip would be a cios as ios249 or ios16. without it's simply not possible to override an existing ios with the same ios but lower version number.

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dan_Aykroyd said:
Ehmm... I think you are wrong. If I don't install a fixed cIOS I wouldn't be able to use the "regular" WAD manager...
Unless you updated to latest 3.3v2 you don't need cIOS to use WAD Manager. I've been using WAD Manager for several month and I recently installed cIOS only to get backups running.

cyberdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am new to this, so please forgive my ignorance. I just got my Wii the day before the Oct 23 update and I updated without knowing the issues. I have already ordered a Wasabi chip. My Wii is 3.3U. I have been reading many threads on different sites about this update and I am a little confused. It seems that Wiibrew said that the TP hack and the homebrew .9 beta will work after this update. Why do I need to do all these steps in this thread therefore to change IOS and/or downgrade? Is this for people without mod chips installed?
thanks

cyberdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, OK. That is where I was confused. I thought that since Wad Manager 1.3 was updated to work with the latest update, that wads can be installed. Maybe only wads that are not illegal can be installed.
thanks

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dan_Aykroyd said:
You are right... but the whole point of this thread is for Wiis that updated to the october 23 FW!

ok sorry I didn't get what you where asking ...

If you want to be able to install WADs you need Waninkoko's cIOS, Wiigator's is only able to load backups. Waninkoko cIOS has backup loader functionalty plus unsigned WAD install ability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto