Hacking FINALLY!!! A Fix for The October 23d update!!!

elsocplayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanx a lot for this. I was close to going and buying a modchip. I know modchips are better at playing backups and better compatability but if there's no need then why do it. Thanx very much for this find.

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
if you could do signatures (and I'm sure you can, not the question I'm asking), than why would it matter if it was IOS16 at all?
Why not just sign IOS 254, or IOS666? I'm sure if you don't already know how, you'll figure it out before too long.
O-RI-GI-NAL signature. You can't make valid signatures for arbitrary stuff but you can copy them if you manage to make an exact version of what is signed. Signatures aren't copyrightable. We can distribute the IOS16 TMD and ticket without any problems, we just can't distribute the data.

Unless you're willing to donate more computing power than exists in this world, or a ninja to go steal Nintendo's private key, no, we're never going to figure out how to make real signatures.

QUOTE(noobwarrior7 @ Oct 29 2008, 04:24 AM) To engineer the program to build the file incorporating differences, you'd have to have the IOS16 to compare with, via the disc, and I doubt you or any homebrewer/pirate OWN the fish disc, so how does you stealing on behalf of us down the road make it better/different/important?
Good point, having IOS16 from PFD isn't legal (and no, I don't have the physical disc). However, if the differences between IOS16 and another IOS are sufficiently minor (and I suspect they are) to the point where we could build it off of it, that installer would be legal and so would the resulting IOS16 (as long as you don't distribute it).

And I did say it was a crappy last resort option. I wasn't exactly looking forward to it.

elsocplayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double entry but. Would you recommend to erase the ios51 or it doesnt really matter. Also, those files are really hard to find. but after a while I came across them. not too hard after all.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ elsoc
IOS51 is needed for the shop channel, however, after a downgrade, you can use anytitle deleter to delete it, then use tona's upgrade fix installer to get back a fakesign-enabled copy, cuz you might as well do so.

@ marcan

I wish I had a ninja, I'd have him stealth his way into Microsoft HQ and eliminate anyone who keeps suggesting, "I just thought of someone else's ideas we can take!".....eliminate with hugs of course.

Update: course, now that I think about it, that might leave no one left to make me 360 games.

elsocplayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
@ elsoc
IOS51 is needed for the shop channel, however, after a downgrade, you can use anytitle deleter to delete it, then use tona's upgrade fix installer to get back a fakesign-enabled copy, cuz you might as well do so.

Cool, thanx. Thats kinda what I was thinking of doing but I wasn't sure as in the first post a_running_pir8 said to uninstall ios51 we need to find the wad files from either Wii Music or the new Guitar Hero. Is this needed or it can just be deleted?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elsocplayer said:
noobwarrior7 said:
@ elsoc

Cool, thanx. Thats kinda what I was thinking of doing but I wasn't sure as in the first post a_running_pir8 said to uninstall ios51 we need to find the wad files from either Wii Music or the new Guitar Hero. Is this needed or it can just be deleted?

...from now on....and only by that at the moment.

you can just delete it with anytitle deleter.

elsocplayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
elsocplayer said:
noobwarrior7 said:
@ elsoc

...from now on....and only by that at the moment.

you can just delete it with anytitle deleter.

Ok, Thanx

vic1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apply the ios downgrade and every ios until 36 were downgrade but the ios 51 continue to be fixed by nintendo no?

So i need to delete it

coleas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks a_running_pir8.

I hope the exam went well
grog.gif

StoneRoses

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
For those who are interested in the development of this solution, read this thread:
Wii Backup Disc (Pink Fish Disc) IOS16 that has Trucha bug, Is it possible to break into Oct 23 update with IOS16?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112271&st=0

It's me whom start that thread, after I read SlowKing idea in another thread I think I should bring that idea to the limelight so smart people will see it and figure it out for everyone because I don't have technical skill to do that on my own.

It works, GBAtemp community effort bring the idea to complete solution in less than 24hrs.

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diffusion said:
sanoblue said:
Diffusion said:
sanoblue said:
how do i delete the ios 51??
Use AnyTitle Deleter.
tried that and it still wolnt let me.... im trying something now to see if it will work after that if not then i have no idea what im doing wrong
Did you use IOS downgrader first?
i thought that i did... but maybe not still messin around with it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh