Final question before I make my purchase...

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Yoko99, Mar 3, 2009.

Mar 3, 2009
  1. Yoko99
    OP

Newcomer Yoko99 Newbie

Italy
    Almost there.

After days of indecision, I'm finally (almost) done.
    I'm gonna order from DX an Acekard 2i and an EZflash 3-in-1 expansion.
    Only one final doubt however.

How good is the GBA compatibility with that solution ?
    Cos I read the review about the M3 and at the end in pros and cons its specified that it has perfect GBA compatibility which sounds pretty enticing.
    So,compared to the Acekard 2i, how would that go ?

It would be also a bit cheaper to go for the Acekard + 3in1 than for the deluxe M3 bundle, so if Acekard allows me a compatibility just as high, then my choice is made.
    Could anyone reassure me on that issue ?

Thanks !

2. GexX2

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    The DSi doesn't have a GBA slot so you won't EVER play GBA games on it. No use for a 3-in-1 if you can't use it. You don't need the Acekard 2i if you don't have a DSi, Acekard 2 is the same thing. The M3 Real does NOT support GBA games by itself. Like all other cards, it needs a Slot 2 device to play GBA games.

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Why are you getting an Acekard 2i instead of an Acekard 2? If you don't have a DSi, there is no need (a better one will come out for the DSi at some point anyway -- Nintendo will likely update the firmware to block the current one). If you have a DSi, the EZFlash 3-in-1 won't work on it (there is no GBA slot on the DSi).

The 3-in-1 has pretty decent GBA compatibility. I don't know what games don't work on it, but they are relatively few.

The M3 and Acekard 2.1 probably have similar compatibility. Most flash carts claim "near-perfect" compatibility. I've heard that Sakura has problems with homebrew though, but someone else can probably give more information about that.

In my opinion, it comes down to which menu system you like best. I personally prefer the Acekard menu over M3 Sakura, particularly AKAIO (as does probably anyone who will respond to your post given that it's on the Acekard forum).

-Bri

4. Yoko99
    OP

Newcomer Yoko99 Newbie

Italy
    Hmm.

You misunderstood my intentions.

I have at the moment at least, absolutely NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in using/buying a DSi and sincerely I don't think that'll ever happen cos none of its features appeal to me.

I'm just concerned about getting a good Slot1+GBA expansion to use with my DS Lite.

The Acekard 2i just seemed like the best option at the moment.

If the Acekard2 and Acekard2i are the same price with exactly the same features except that the 2i runs on the first japan DSi consoles, I thought what the hell then why not but honestly it's nothing I really give that much care into.

Also when I mentioned M3, I was thinking of the bundle which includes the GBA Slot2 expansion

Anyway, my question is that. I'm not concerned with DSi support, so : What should I get if I'm concerned more with high GBA compatibility, Acekard 2/2i (depends on the differences if there are any) or M3 ?

5. Yoko99
    OP

Newcomer Yoko99 Newbie

Italy
    Oh wait.
    Acekard 2 IS a bit cheaper than 2i.

Thanks Bri, I guess that settles it then. If compatibility is about the same,then it'll be Acekard over M3.
    And I do enjoy a nice GUI.

Well, it's decided then. F**k the DSi.
    I don't believe I'll ever want a DSi, and if I ever do, there'll be newer flashcarts to look into by then.
    I was looking into a 2i just in case, but really I don't care.

Anyway, nvm, sorry and thanks all for the trouble

6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    At DealExtreme, there is a pretty large difference in price between the Acekard 2 and the Acekard2i ($18.86 vs. $11.39).

So yeah, get the Acekard 2.1 and the EZFlash 3-in-1 if you like the Acekard menu and/or the price of the Acekard better than M3 Sakura. I don't think there's a huge difference in compatibility, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong about that (and I believe that Sakura has trouble with homebrew unless they've fixed it).

If you get the Acekard, I highly recommend AKAIO over the official menu.

-Bri

7. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    If it's about compatibility the M3 Real and AceKard 2 are almost exactly the same, although if you use AKAIO you may get some games updated a little bit earlier. That shouldn't really be a reason to buy the AK2 over the M3 Real.

8. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ak is your choice, akaio is your firmware

9. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    An Acekard 2 will work just fine......

But be careful! You were talking about getting the M3 Expansion Pack?

IT DOES NOT WORK WITH THE AK2! YOUR PURCHASE WILL BE IN VAIN!

I have one from having an M3 Real and I have to boot up f***ing YSMenu to play GBA games. Pain. In The. Ass.