Final Fantasy XIV offers PC gamers a creepy warning

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
At first I had lost all interest in FFXIV because it was going to be a PS3 Exclusive, now this game is nothing to me because they are adding this stupid Chinese thingy to the game.

I think I'll stick to my Sword 2 and Perfect World, at least they don't give a damn if I play for 72 hours straight.

*By Chinese Thingy, I mean the time limit. There is a stupid law in China that prevents MMORPG player from playing an excessive amount of time. OKAY MOM! I'LL GO OUTSIDE WHERE THE RAPIST AND MURDERS ARE AND GO PLAY BASKETBALL WITH PEOPLE THAT I DON'T KNOW AND GO AND GET HURT!

I think it's meant for the people who abandon their kids in closets while they go to an internet cafe to play games like World of Warcraft...

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
Addiction to MMOs is a pretty serious problem.

I'm not just talking the people that hang themselves or lose their job or starve their kids because of it, I'm talking about friends I've lost. People I no longer have contact with because I don't play whatever MMO they play now. People that have dropped out of activities or sports because of online gaming. People whose grades suffered because they stayed up until 4 AM playing MMOs instead of studying. People who lost relationships because they lost track of time in an MMO.

Many ex-WoW players will tell you about it.
It indeed is quite a problem. No joke.

I think the limits should be mandatory for gamers under a certain age (presumably 18) and optional for anyone above. Somewhat similar to the Parental Control system of Battle.NET.
It's good to see that they care but it really is, sad to say, none of their business. If some don't want the limits, let them go without them.

Also, assuming one has either full-time work or goes to school for half the day and goes to bed at a decent hour, 8 hours a week is quite adequate (to non-addicted gamers).

Gwaith

Trophies
Website
www.die2nite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SoulSnatcher said:
Not creepy at all.
It's actually a good thing that they have a limit. MMO addiction is not a joke. This will help people manage their life instead of playing FFXIV all the time. Sure, the company may not give a shit about people with addictions and are just doing this for money but this will be helpful for some people. I applaud Square Enix for this.
clap.gif

I'm really curious if people would also be this happy if their cigarette smoking or drinking habits would be regulated by the companies but w/e.

Cigarette / Alcohol additiction is not a joke either btw.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Bladexdsl said:
8 fucking hours are you kidding me? i play civ V for 6 hours each day i'd do 8 hours in a day bah i'm not gonna waste me time with this than!
What are you on about? You say that you play Civilization V 6 hours per day, yet you complain this game only lets you play longer than your daily amount of MMO?

The fuck?

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think this is a great idea. But if you check the link where it says limits the amount of time, it tells you there that you can gain exp for up to 270 hours a week by using different weapons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc