Final Fantasy XIII-2 demo

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Downloaded this today, but my girlfriend beat me to the television tonight so i never had the chance to try it out :(

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Sazh appears twice in the whole entire game. I kid you not. He's appears mid game and at the end of the game.

Lightning is referred to in almost every other sentence but she appears maybe like three times. She does appear in an FMV which is nice.

Snow? FUCK SNOW!

Hope is relevant in the storyline. He affects the outcome of the story greatly.

Who's Fang and Vanille? They make one appearance. ONE.

All in All, I'll buy this game eventually. The battle system looks too fun to pass up and the DLC may not disappoint like the storyline. We'll see...

Reactions: 1 person

Nalmontes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game looks amazing, It pretty much everything FF XIII should have been, not to say FF XIII is a bad game in fact I love it. But this one just blows it out of the water. I spent approximately an hour and a Half exploring the demo and talking to people. The battle system is faster (especially when Paradigm Shifting) and the monster taming is cool. Though I find the new leveling system a bit confusing at times and they don't really give you the ability description until you unlock them so its kind of hard to plan out, though its not hard if you know the abilities from FF XIII. The sidequests are cool and they give you experience so its essential to do a lot of them. But yeah I can't wait until the full game comes out.

Reactions: 1 person

UnoAphex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This demo was nothing fantastic, the only thing I found interesting at all was the monsters and I hear lots of people complaining about that aspect of the game. Story wise I can't say because I'm not too familiar with the whole of the story, I wasn't expecting much from the demo but I was pleasantly surprised it was not as bad as I expected. I did kinda find it stupid that after you beat the hand of atlas the cinematic action where you tap Y/(Triangle) pending on your system of choice then a barrage of missiles shoots out at him displaying HP damage when he clearly had none at the end of the fight. This would have made more sense in the middle or 3/4's into the fight but not a whole lot of sense to do it at the end. I mean.. if they got rid of all the numbers displaying HP damage. The characters themselves are not very strong, What i mean is... I found I cared more about the monsters then what happened to the characters themselves, found them kind of terribly put together and showed no real emotion whatsoever. The combat system well.. I'm still prefer turn based RPGS so this aspect of the game didn't amuse me too much. The fact the camera moved around too much was very distracting. Also giving a voice to mog kind of killed it. Not the actual act of giving him a voice just the voice they picked. When Mog says "kupo" it should sound more like a noise and not him just saying "Kupo" you know how chocobos sound, Well sorta like that. Also from what I played there wasn't much challenge but I guess that doesn't mean much since it's a demo therefore it's probably going to be easier. The leveling system was kinda cool.. I don't think this merits a purchase.. I think I'd play it if someone gave it to me but I wouldn't go out of my way to play the full version being that the only things I actually enjoyed were the Monsters/leveling system. The triple hit system was confusing at first, then I just kinda didn't like it. The Menu system could have had some work done on it. Wish they added a "wait" for the battle system in battle configuration. Another big complaint I had was with this overly Americanized pop/rock music. Final Fantasy is a series known for it's expertly put together musical score and this sound track just didn't do anything for me. Bottom Line is, I don't think FF13 Was good enough for a sequel just as FFX wasn't either and for some reason they still did it. That being said it still surpassed my expectations, though that's not saying much really.

I really hate lightning

rt141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... After playing it it I can see a few things; the core of the good fight mechanics are there but everything else is improved, can't wait to see how hard it can get. The linearity was gotten rid off and the live action scenes are a blast. Voice acting was good (except for the moogle). Monster, paradygm and whatever the time traveling system are called are looking great. The storyline seemed good, if you care at all about them, that is.
One thing I did found weird is that I felt like xiii looked better, maybe because this was only a demo?

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Sazh appears twice in the whole entire game. I kid you not. He's appears mid game and at the end of the game.

Lightning is referred to in almost every other sentence but she appears maybe like three times. She does appear in an FMV which is nice.

Snow? FUCK SNOW!

Hope is relevant in the storyline. He affects the outcome of the story greatly.

Who's Fang and Vanille? They make one appearance. ONE.

All in All, I'll buy this game eventually. The battle system looks too fun to pass up and the DLC may not disappoint like the storyline. We'll see...
I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!! D:

Why isn't Lightning the protagonist?!?

Rage finish XIII

UnoAphex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Possibly because Lightning is a shitty protagonist. I don't see how -anyone- could like the voice acting though. Even FFX had better voice acting. I just don't hear emotion it really sounds like they are reading from a script. I'm gonna assume they are up and coming voice actors or something based on the "talent" they have. Because no veteran voice actor would do such a bad job.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Poor dubbing in my opinion. Kupo is a noise not a sentence starter
But its not enough to throw me

The cameramans a rookie. You have to allow him :lol:

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
It's kinda weird how the dubbing can go from something perfect like FFXIII to anime style dubbing in XIII-2.
Maybe it's Laura Bailey getting a bigger role, she brings the quality down 90% (though she is superb in Nier, can't even tell it's her)

I do like Ali Hillis, she's probably one of my favourite voice actors.
[title:One reason why I love Ali]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ssY0JSuckM

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with the anime dubbing quote
Although i was very impressed with tyhe dubbing of code geass.
Better than the sub in my opinion

But back on track here. Mogs dub could have been a hell of alot better, laziness is detected anywhere in a game

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

UnoAphex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've always been a fan of the top down camera, turn based. that's kinda what i played final fantasy for. Because it had an easy display and sure, each game was different, but they always managed to have some sort of a core principal when it came to the engine. The placement for the camera was pretty bad too apart from it jerking around all the same. VERY distracting. Plus... I'll say it again. Sound Track... What the hell was up with that terrible battle music. Even FF10 had a better OST. All the music I heard in this demo was just terrible.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe it's Laura Bailey getting a bigger role, she brings the quality down 90% (though she is superb in Nier, can't even tell it's her)

Good God, I couldn't agree with you more. She was just fantastic in Nier.

I concur as well. I watched some cutscenes with Kaine (Laura Bailey's character) and she sounds amazing. Why was she so good in Nier and sounds terrible in XIII-2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious