LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As someone who is a filthy australian that got it early...
GOD DAMN i would MUCH rather pretend it doesn't exist and go back to the original... oh holy heck is it tedious... gameplay is so stupidly shallow... bleh...

Reactions: Meteor7

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im gonna resist watching this.

one week to go!

I am watching a play through to get brought back up to speed, haven't played the original in decades and just want the plot points. luckily its only the first four hours of a straight forward play through to get through Midgar. and man its fun jamming out to the old songs been ages since I've heard them.

Would re-play but my backlog is massive

As someone who is a filthy australian that got it early...
GOD DAMN i would MUCH rather pretend it doesn't exist and go back to the original... oh holy heck is it tedious... gameplay is so stupidly shallow... bleh...

OH NO! should I be second guessing my preorder?

as much as I adored the game at the time, not sure I'd be in the mood for the same turn based Pokemon style RPG

Last edited by playstays_shun,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
in the demo, the gameplay made me think about Crisis Core. a FF7 with a mix of active battles and ATB.
I didn't dislike it. (the FF7 remake demo)

I guess everyone will have its own opinion whether they prefer the old battle system or get used to the new one.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry for double negative :P
It's like everyone is entitled to "dislike it" because it's not the original gameplay, so I did not "dislike it".
I did not necessarily liked it either. I just didn't find it that bad, it's like with FF15 we have to get used to the new battle system.
Like any other game, you just go with the way it's working. But because it's called Final Fantasy, it seems to need to be stuck to old gameplay. if Squenix made THAT gameplay into another game, nobody would have criticized it and loved it. people, really....

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Flame

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm very interested in the new fight with Rufus. It's one of my favourite moments in the game but the actual battle has always been sadly underwhelming. I hope it's more than just a token fight this time. What would impress me even more though is if Tseng will be involved in a battle this time.

Still not a fan of the altered story elements, however. Puts me off a lot.

Reactions: mightymuffy

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually I think the double negative works here, after playing the demo - it looked amazing in the videos but that battle system... like Cyan says, it sort of works in FFXV but not as much here - the (demo) game feels like it's been tampered with too much as a result, and adding extra bumph in to make it episodic/get more money, sorry, 'flesh it out' - I'm gonna pass until all episodes are out/bargain bin.... I didn't dislike the demo either, but will probably stick with the original.

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I think the double negative works here, after playing the demo - it looked amazing in the videos but that battle system... like Cyan says, it sort of works in FFXV but not as much here - the (demo) game feels like it's been tampered with too much as a result, and adding extra bumph in to make it episodic/get more money, sorry, 'flesh it out' - I'm gonna pass until all episodes are out/bargain bin.... I didn't dislike the demo either, but will probably stick with the original.

but aren't you curious how they re envision a lot of the plot scenes / settings?

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

as much as I adored the game at the time, not sure I'd be in the mood for the same turn based Pokemon style RPG
I mean, the visuals (give or take some weird textures not popping in on base ps4) and music are top notch... and if story is what you're playing for it's fine, does taste of filler though...

If you're going in for gameplay... it has issues :/ mind you i'm playing on normal so... maybe classic helps? idk... enemies having super armor, flying enemies being out of your reach, lack of telegraphic on enemy attacks, bosses drag on a lot, unavoidable attacks... ehh... dodging having no i-frames and some absurd tracking on enemy attacks... were a couple bosses i found fun though... but they are the minority...

Reactions: Meteor7

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dont go panicking over someone's view - Yr the one gonna be playing it so judge for yrself - listening to someone's view who you don't even kno is like listening to Ed sheeran music basically a load of bolox lol

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most certainly. Just not $60 worth of curious.....:P

im ~$40 curious

has $10 back in reward zone bucks for preordering and stacked some coupons and reward zone bucks I already had.

I 'preordered' Animal Crossing New Horizon too, but the evening before release so pretty much last minute to get a code to preload and play at midnight, and $10 reward zone bucks back on that one too.

...better than dealing with hectic B&M right now

Last edited by playstays_shun,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat the midgar part of the original in about 3-4 hours iirc. it might've taken longer when I played the game as a kid, but I remembered very little about the game. I seem to recall some pseudo-gay scene with cloud getting a massage from a man, but I have no idea how to trigger it. I don't remember that happening in my playthrough of the remastered version. I thought it was around the part where you meet the don, but I could be mistaken.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
I beat the midgar part of the original in about 3-4 hours iirc. it might've taken longer when I played the game as a kid, but I remembered very little about the game. I seem to recall some pseudo-gay scene with cloud getting a massage from a man, but I have no idea how to trigger it. I don't remember that happening in my playthrough of the remastered version. I thought it was around the part where you meet the don, but I could be mistaken.
There are two scenes in the Honey Bee Inn in which Cloud can have a close encounter with a character named Mukki. In the Group Room Mukki and his gaggle of musclebound friends squeeze into a hot tub with Cloud, while in the aftermath of the @$!$ room scene, Mukki can be found on top of Cloud rousing him back to consciousness via a massage and a few slaps.

Reactions: godreborn

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably would've been if they hadn't split it into three parts. Charging $180 for a complete game definitely hurts the price to content ratio quite a bit.

On another note, those English dubs make me want to cut both my ears off. Dear god.
Not this again same old boring arguments tht mayb not even real and even if real who cares - Yr paying for a triple AAA game tht has took years to make and as said loads of time before if price is an issue you should stop gaming as its damn disrespectful to the incredible people tht hav the talent making such games

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yr paying for a triple AAA game tht has took years to make and as said loads of time before if price is an issue you should stop gaming as its damn disrespectful to the incredible people tht hav the talent making such games
How is this a logical argument? I can get most AAA games on PC at launch for around $40. I seriously doubt you're going to convince anybody that standard AAA pricing should be increased to $180. Frankly, even if it took another five years, I would've preferred they release the complete game on multiple discs in the same way the original game was formatted. Would make more sense than splitting the game across generations certainly, but I suppose that just gives me more incentive to trade in my physical ps4 copy once I finish it, and pick up the complete pack at a discount on PC.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the episodes could be like xenosaga in that each game is fulfilling in its own right, but it's a very in depth story between the three games. it sounds like they've added quite a bit to midgar, but I can see how it might not feel like the same game.

D

Deleted User

Looks really promising, hinting at new content without revealing too much.

While I was skeptical when I discovered Crisis Core gameplay, I gradually became addicted to it. FF7:CC on hard, no new game +, was a terrific experience (escpecially on VITA's gorgeous screen), digging into side missions, building your character and so on...

If I were a home console player, I would gladly binge in this remake. PS4 owners are blessed.:)

Reactions: DANTENDO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo