DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How is this a logical argument? I can get most AAA games on PC at launch for around $40. I seriously doubt you're going to convince anybody that standard AAA pricing should be increased to $180. Frankly, even if it took another five years, I would've preferred they release the complete game on multiple discs in the same way the original game was formatted. Would make more sense than splitting the game across generations certainly, but I suppose that just gives me more incentive to trade in my physical ps4 copy once I finish it, and pick up the complete pack at a discount on PC.
youve really got get out yr head this bs 180 dollar figure lol as thers no such proof its gonna be 3 parts and even if was so what-a true gamer wouldnt even think about the price of such a game as you kno yr getting quality and as said before sq hav said it has endgame content so it wil prob feel like a game tht has ended and as we all kno what haps at end of the game who givs a toss when next part comes-play the game like a new game and enjoy collecting the trophies-anyone who complains about the game doesnt deserve to play it

Reactions: Deleted User

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
youve really got get out yr head this bs 180 dollar figure lol as thers no such proof its gonna be 3 parts
Pretty sure Square confirmed that, but okay.

even if was so what-a true gamer wouldnt even think about the price of such a game as you kno yr getting quality
I'm going to ignore the half-assed attempt at gatekeeping, but you still haven't explained what makes this so much higher quality than every other AAA game out there. Square even has another remake coming out this same month, Trials of Mana, and that can be bought for $42 at Greenmangaming. I know Final Fantasy 7 is good, but it's not my favorite in the series, and spending the maximum amount of money possible on a single game does not magically make you a superior gamer. It just means your nostalgia glasses are blinding you to how much of a rip-off this pricing model is. If I hadn't had an Amazon gift card, I wouldn't have bothered with FF7R until it hit PC.

Reactions: Cyan
D

Deleted User

I seriously doubt you're going to convince anybody that standard AAA pricing should be increased to $180.

This business model is quite relevant if you ask me, here it is just not hidden like it is usually done.

Another obvious example was Starcraft 2, trying to keep the online community alive by splitting the game...But the solo was such a missed opportunity, hard to keep the player motivated when the 'prophecy' scenario is completely dumb.

Considering all consoles are sold with zero profit, inciting people to buy it by teasing upcoming games is comparable to FF7R, a long term investment, hoping advertisement and online community will assure future sells. It can backfire: I was dumb enough to be hyped for a new metroid and afford a Switch...in 2017, so TX all the way.

Will FF7R be a train wreck ? Nobody knows, but as you rightfully said, it sure relies on sheer nostalgia, but which 20+ yo publisher doesn't nowadays ?

I wouldn't have bothered with FF7R until it hit PC.

Amen to that, but in what, 10 or 20 years ?
Even Master Chief did it, but I had time to raise children before it happened !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s