T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Joining in on the inaugural episode of Square Enix Merchandise Radio, the game director and character designer was on-hand as a special guest. Naturally, the other staff present couldn’t help but ask about when the next details will be revealed for his elusive project.

“It’s a delicate situation within the company,” explains Nomura. “The date for our next reveal is set and we are working toward preparing information for that. Perhaps the details as to why information couldn’t be released might be touched upon with the next information announcement.” While Nomura apologizes for the delay, he would like fans to wait just a little while longer.

After the Roen website leak, there is a lot of speculation that the title has been renamed to Final Fantasy XV and furthermore, moved to Sony’s next generation platform. With E3 less than 2 months away and rumors abound, we can only begin to guess what will be on display – Stay tuned.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/...sus-xiii-within-the-company-is-very-delicate/

http://kotaku.com/new-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-info-is-coming-apparent-474501201

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/17/square-enix-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-news-is-coming

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Possibility of it being a next gen title is pretty high.
I expect it to be shown at E3 and be the most epic game SE have ever created.

Or not?
I'd like for it to be released on the gen it was revealed for.
I'd hate to have to buy a ps4 to play this one. It should be their send off Final Fantasy. The last one for this gen.
It would be a major slap in the face to tease it for so long then slap it on next gen.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like for it to be released on the gen it was revealed for.
I'd hate to have to buy a ps4 to play this one. It should be their send off Final Fantasy. The last one for this gen.
It would be a major slap in the face to tease it for so long then slap it on next gen.

How is that a slap in the face? Especially considering it's not even supposed to be Versus XIII anymore - it's basically an entirely new game at this point. Besides, XIII-3 (Oh boy) is supposed to finish off the storyline, so that seems like a more fitting "send off" than anything else.

Anyway, I can't say I'm too mad about all the Versus XIII delays. It supposedly hogtied development of Kingdom Hearts 3, after all - who knew development hell could be such a blessing?

Reactions: Skelletonike

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How is that a slap in the face? Especially considering it's not even supposed to be Versus XIII anymore - it's basically an entirely new game at this point. Besides, XIII-3 (Oh boy) is supposed to finish off the storyline, so that seems like a more fitting "send off" than anything else.

Anyway, I can't say I'm too mad about all the Versus XIII delays. It supposedly hogtied development of Kingdom Hearts 3, after all - who knew development hell could be such a blessing?
mmm. Well it is for those eager PS3 owners who have been waiting for it for god knows how many years, only to have to buy another console to play it. Doesn't matter what its called, it's game that people wanted. Also verses was always separate from the XIII story, no relevance between the two besides the universe it's set in so Lightning Returns: XIII is only a send off for the XIII series.
I can see why you're not too fussed though,

Was PS3 out when they announced the project ? I can't remember...
Yes

virgildraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
mobilizing Tetsuya Nomura all this time from making a KH 3, and creating this game, it better be the best game Square Enix has ever made

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's the trick, release so little info for so long, people become hype over the..."possibilities"

You see I have some talents in this thing called "computer programming"; I can save an image in gimp, a model in blender and a song in openMPT; I once read a book on storytelling and I can even build a website.... imagine the possibilities.

Any VC funding types reading feel free to prep a blank check.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair the information on Versus was so little that I hardly understand the hype.
The return of a traversable worldmap, and also it being scaled to the characters hooked me, return of controllable airships and a darker storyline hooked me two! Devs said that it felt like they where working on final fantasy VII again (don't have the source for that). The same Music Composer as in Kingdom Hearts and Legend Of Mana seems like the best choice after Uematsu left the company. A battle system that resembled the one in Kingdom Hearts and FFVII - Crisis Core. And have you seen the graphical style!? I think all that is worth being hyped over if you are a fan of the Final Fantasy series.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, that's great, now we're a little bit closer to KHIII ^_^

Then you find out KH3 D is KH3. Ha ha!

----------------------------------

If Square is intelligent(which they are not), they will lose the XIII moniker. They can say it's "coming" all they want but until I see something it doesn't exist.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Then you find out KH3 D is KH3. Ha ha!

----------------------------------

If Square is intelligent(which they are not), they will lose the XIII moniker. They can say it's "coming" all they want but until I see something it doesn't exist.
It was called 3D cause the title had 3 D's in it Dream Drop Distance. And if I remember it right SE have stated that KH-3D's purpose is to be a bridge between KH2 and "The Next big" Kingdom Hearts game.
And as I have completed the game I know that the story is far from over.

---------------------------------

Are you saying final fantasy XIII versus doesn't exist? We have both trailers and "in game" footage.
It would be a very expensive joke, and I know that Square enix love their Money.

Take a look at this.
http://www.wallsave.com/wallpapers/...iii-versus-screenshots-fxn-network-798481.jpg

Reactions: Deleted User

virgildraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Wait are we talking about FF13Versus or KH here? I'm confused.
Both I guess, since FF versus 13 is being made by Tetsuya Nomura which is the same guy who made the KH series. He's been working on Versus 13 for a long time, so if it comes out that would be great for both series as he might start working on a KH3.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was called 3D cause the title had 3 D's in it Dream Drop Distance. And if I remember it right SE have stated that KH-3D's purpose is to be a bridge between KH2 and "The Next big" Kingdom Hearts game.
And as I have completed the game I know that the story is far from over.

---------------------------------

Are you saying final fantasy XIII versus doesn't exist? We have both trailers and "in game" footage.
It would be a very expensive joke, and I know that Square enix love their Money.

Take a look at this.
http://www.wallsave.com/wallpapers/...iii-versus-screenshots-fxn-network-798481.jpg

It was a joke.

-------------------------------------

As for Versus. Showing me 2 year old footage and beyond does nothing for me.

I want new information. This is like showing me a tech demo. I don't want to see old crap. Where is the current information? Type 0 in Japan was handled far more effectively with website, weekly blog and whatnot.

Info ban on Versus is fishy if you ask me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill