Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sky, I'd like to ask you how to decrypt/encrypt the eboot.bin in psp isos, or if that's not possible, at least give me a lead. You know Japanese devs have that nasty habit of stuffing text there :)

Heh, you may use prx decrypter, if you just want to decrypt and ISO (an emulator should work too). Now about extracting its data... Each one will use different data structures and there is no generic way to do it.

Also, we are not finished with type-0 yet, and as much as I like suggestions, remember that it's not only up to me! ;P

~Sky

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
OT: I would love for 7th Dragon 2020 translation but there was translation of one dude the company force him to stop working on it , and they don't plan on translating it themselves -__- piss me off, I'm Etrian Odyssey fan.

Back on topic, kinda. Can you post the translation official site again? (if you have one)
If you don't, did you post how far are you from completing it? (sorry I missed you post)
thanks.

Reactions: Star-scream

Zyphr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OT: I would love for 7th Dragon 2020 translation but there was translation of one dude the company force him to stop working on it , and they don't plan on translating it themselves -__- piss me off, I'm Etrian Odyssey fan.

Back on topic, kinda. Can you post the translation official site again? (if you have one)
If you don't, did you post how far are you from completing it? (sorry I missed you post)
thanks.

http://www.skybladecloud.net/

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a suggestion for the Skygang™ to consider:

Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity

It's already been 100% translated in the form of a guide (which can be found here), but the game itself requires some veteran hacking skills as items and story dialogs are encrypted and obviously the guide would need to be manually formatted for insertion.

Like Valkyria Chronicles III and Type-0, Infinity is a 5 star game. As Spock would say, translate the best games first -- it's only logical.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Sky & everyone else for working very hard on the eng translation. I can't wait for it. I've been lurking this thread/ site from the beginning of this & didn't remember if I ever said thanks for all of your work.

ZuNinja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been lurking for quite the while, since near the start of the project, but i wanted to say thanks to the translators and Sky! :) You guys are Amazing!

shi0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Deuce and Cinque it is
Good luck with that

Hmmmm, I don't find any problem using Deuce. Actually, Deuce is one of my main, while Cinque, she's one of my weakest character. I feel like I'm going to destroy the analog of my PSP every time I use Cinque. Though, these past few days, I've been trying to use her in the Arena. But yeah, Deuce is my favorite, especially when I discovered that her Seiyuu was Hanazawa Kana, I really liked her more than any character XD.

Pedro Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The "additional content" for the PS3 version is on a whole other level than most PSP/PS3 Tales ports. It's essentially a remake.
Also, "jap" (sic) is racist slang, and extremely offensive to Japanese folks. I think it's not what you intended, so you may want to avoid that word. Friendly advice :)

"There's a new ex-dungeon, team coliseum, new artes and mystic artes, a new character, and Flynn joins permanently near the end. I think that's pretty much it."

if that is remake then... i can feel how much you want that to happen :D
no i didn't even knew jap was offensive. i was using as an abreviation but wasn't that term mostly used 60 years ago? still taking that as offensive makes me wonder if you are stuck in a endless spiral of hate that is transmited to new generations.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Well people are still offended by that term nowadays due to the circumstances surrounding its use ("jap", "nip" were pejorative slang used during and after WWII, it's from the same family as "gook" for Vietnam, "paki" for Pakistan...). If you want an analogy, "n****" was used for a far longer period of time, but that doesn't make it okay to say either... It's nothing personal either, just general etiquette of avoiding racist words.

And about Tales of Vesperia 360 (I'm not pushing for a translation or anything, there are people already doing it and they're almost finished) the additional script for new events/arcs/quests amounts for around 75% of the original game. I can say none of the ports for tales series added that much (Symphonia PS2/PS3, Graces PS3, Phantasia PSP .. except Destiny PS2 maybe but that one is a remake).
What you said could maybe be about Graces f, Veperia PS3 additions go way beyond this.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well people are still offended by that term nowadays due to the circumstances surrounding its use ("jap", "nip" were pejorative slang used during and after WWII, it's from the same family as "gook" for Vietnam, "paki" for Pakistan...). If you want an analogy, "n****" was used for a far longer period of time, but that doesn't make it okay to say either... It's nothing personal either, just general etiquette of avoiding racist words.

And about Tales of Vesperia 360 (I'm not pushing for a translation or anything, there are people already doing it and they're almost finished) the additional script for new events/arcs/quests amounts for around 75% of the original game. I can say none of the ports for tales series added that much (Symphonia PS2/PS3, Graces PS3, Phantasia PSP .. except Destiny PS2 maybe but that one is a remake).
What you said could maybe be about Graces f, Veperia PS3 additions go way beyond this.

I'm pretty damn sure no Japanese person I know would take offence at reading 'Jap' on the internet when used to refer to their language.

'I don't speak Jap' and 'It's a Jap release'
are different from
'He is a Jap.'

Usage is what makes language change.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to drop in and say that I'm looking forward to this :yaypsp: I really wanted an international Vita release for Type-0 and I was ready to throw my money at Square Enix but I guess it never happened.

Nepherael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty damn sure no Japanese person I know would take offence at reading 'Jap' on the internet when used to refer to their language.

'I don't speak Jap' and 'It's a Jap release'
are different from
'He is a Jap.'

Usage is what makes language change.

I wanted to stay away from this but I have seen many JP people take offense to the term on multiple boards no matter the context because JP is the accepted term for the abbreviation of the Japanese language and people (and all of the contexts you listed could be misconstrued) . While I am a huge advocate of not putting so much meaning into a word that it offends you (like being offended or bothered by swear words) I don't believe at any time should we use a word that was at any time durogatory to anyone. So why not just stay away from the term and use the more accepted JP? Its one less letter and less work to type anyway.

Anyway I'm still psyched for the patch. I've got myself way too hyped I'm checking the board and blog more often than necessary for the updates XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth