Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like a good workaround for PPSSPP, good find!. As for the PSP I'll have to try if there is no performance impact (though we all know impatient fans would be playing anyway ^^). Still, this is only for the merged, untranslated ISO. Since we have to edit videos as part of the translation project, the final CSO might still over 2GB, (little) time will tell.

~Sky

Reactions: Zyphr

trenso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if we already have a merged iso then all we would need to if just install the patch correct and we would need something like umd gen to do it?

Zyphr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a good workaround for PPSSPP, good find!. As for the PSP I'll have to try if there is no performance impact (though we all know impatient fans would be playing anyway ^^). Still, this is only for the merged, untranslated ISO. Since we have to edit videos as part of the translation project, the final CSO might still over 2GB, (little) time will tell.

~Sky

Well, here's hoping! I'm sure we'll get it all figured out so anyone on any PSP medium will be able to enjoy the game we've waited years to play. And I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate all the time and effort, and keep up the amazing work!

Reactions: LoyalZero1

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Zyphr

solarmystic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.

As a member of the PPSSPP dev/tester team, I'm glad to announce that we've fixed the loading issue that PPSSPP previously had with the merged iso. A pull request (https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/5194) has been opened for the fix, and once the fix is merged into the main PPSSPP repository, all future builds of the emulator will have the ability to properly load isos/csos of sizes bigger than 2GB (of any size really).

Even if the future release of the translation patch pushes the cso beyond 2GB again, it shouldn't cause a problem since the emulator is now good to go for isos/csos of any size.

Thanks to the lead dev [Unknown] for helping to concoct the fix itself, I just did the testing.

Zyphr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.

As a member of the PPSSPP dev/tester team, I'm glad to announce that we've fixed the loading issue that PPSSPP previously had with the merged iso. A pull request (https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/5194) has been opened for the fix, and once the fix is merged into the main PPSSPP repository, all future builds of the emulator will have the ability to properly load isos/csos of sizes bigger than 2GB (of any size really).

Even if the future release of the translation patch pushes the cso beyond 2GB again, it shouldn't cause a problem since the emulator is now good to go for isos/csos of any size.

Thanks to the lead dev [Unknown] for helping to concoct the fix itself, I just did the testing.

My fame was short lived... lmao Awesome work, was hoping the ppsspp devs would get this going! You guys rock!

Reactions: blackfire219

jonas smoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know that its just been almost 2 weeks from this last updat just wonaging if he was going to wait untill he is finished befor updating his web site

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
Video editing is the last priority of the team, because it also takes time to do it, just like translating the scenario, etc.

Square Enix really prepared for this possible fan translation in the first place, so SE embedded the texts to the pre-rendered videos to prevent easy editing and replacing. Nice tactic!

XxArgonxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video editing is the last priority of the team, because it also takes time to do it, just like translating the scenario, etc.

Square Enix really prepared for this possible fan translation in the first place, so SE embedded the texts to the pre-rendered videos to prevent easy editing and replacing. Nice tactic!

So they foresaw this day >:O

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
-_- Umm... No.
Videos in videogames go back to 1984.
The subtitles are *not* hardsubbed on the video. In fact, Sky modified those as the very first thing translated in his preview videos.
The text inside the video that's not subs is what's needing editing. Said editing is possible for Sky, but he wants to not lower the quality as much as he can.

It's not a plot to prevent fan-translations, they just use custom formats instead of avi/png/txt files. Custom formats need either reverse engineering (what Sky is doing) or the source code and tools from the developers themselves. Do you expect a company to give you trade secrets on a golden plate? Of course no.
Is it really a plot to prevent fan-translations? Not necessarily.
Fan-translations are a form of reverse engineering. It's a part of the process.

That video graphical text, and secondary text, are a very small part compared to the huge main script, hence why the main script was done first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: After my shower +1