Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a question, does it need to be in iso format, or cso to ad the merging files, and thanks fall the work you ahve been doing sky

The Type-0 Merging is for ISO version not CSO walked another threw who did not tell me on Sky's blog and that was the problem all along ;)

Hello guys! A little bit off-topic question here:

Do you know what is the fatms371 from certain psp custom firmwares? What does it do? Thanks in advance :)

It is old method of reading MS it can increase read speed but from my testing with a PSP 3000 3G and PSP 2000 2G it do's not work as intended and has a major problem with interfering with some things like some plugins like quick_boot for one

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
It's doesn't read a lot of the FMVs. No prologue, etc.

Roger! I'll try it right away! Will be back with results in a few hours!

EDIT: Mega is messing with me at the moment. So it takes longer than expected to get the merging files, about 2 hours to be exact. I'm really tired and it's almost 2 AM here in Sweden. Will try this in the morning!

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roger! I'll try it right away! Will be back with results in a few hours!

EDIT: Mega is messing with me at the moment. So it takes longer than expected to get the merging files, about 2 hours to be exact. I'm really tired and it's almost 2 AM here in Sweden. Will try this in the morning!

The plugin is for unmerged ISO's not merged if you are going to try it then have both ISO's on your vita and try to change between if it works maybe and only maybe could it be possible that if Sky wants to make a patch that works without merging

If you are trying merged then remember that the finsished might be bigger then the 2G limit

Zyphr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The plugin is for unmerged ISO's not merged if you are going to try it then have both ISO's on your vita and try to change between if it works maybe and only maybe could it be possible that if Sky wants to make a patch that works without merging

If you are trying merged then remember that the finsished might be bigger then the 2G limit

I don't see it happening. Sky wouldn't go through the trouble of merging the files if he was just going to make a patch for unmerged, anyways.

Reactions: Randqalan

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country

I know what the plugin is originally about, but I also got the impression that it somehow did an override of the 2GB limit. That's why I wanted to try it out. However, I am stuck on an infinite loading screen when starting the game up, doesn't matter if I have the plugin on or off. The ISO could've been corruped when I transferred it to my Vita through FTP. But I doubt that since most games don't even start if that's the case.

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what the plugin is originally about, but I also got the impression that it somehow did an override of the 2GB limit. That's why I wanted to try it out. However, I am stuck on an infinite loading screen when starting the game up, doesn't matter if I have the plugin on or off. The ISO could've been corruped when I transferred it to my Vita through FTP. But I doubt that since most games don't even start if that's the case.

So how about the CSO or is it messed up too

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't compress the merged ISO. Every software I try crashes at the beginning or the end of the compressing process.

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
Used the most powerful compression (9) and got the game to start. It shows the intro cutscene, but the screen is black when starting a new game. I can however jump over that cutscene and get straight to the game. Doesn't make a difference if plugin is on or not. Also tried changing the CPU clock as well as changing between the M33 driver and Sony NP9660 driver. Neither made any difference. I guess our best bet right now is Total Noob updating TN-V with the Inferno driver or that someone makes a plugin that makes it possible for TN-V to read files over 2 GB.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Either that or wait till I release separated patch for each UMD. Being realistic, that would be the only way to play the translation on s PS3 anyway...

~Sky

Reactions: nalcwap

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: