Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but having downsampled videos at full screen *is* noticeable. Anyway, as I said, as soon as I get my hands on the proper hardware (and have enough time), I'll provide a way to play on the rest of platforms, it might not be ready for the initial release, but we're gonna get there eventually.

~Sky

supraopticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sky will the patch work on files created with older merged files? The one I have from way back when seems to have videos that work fine in PPSSPP. If not I guess I have to dust off my PSP go

Thanks again

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
sky will the patch work on files created with older merged files? The one I have from way back when seems to have videos that work fine in PPSSPP. If not I guess I have to dust off my PSP go

Thanks again

I'm sorry I can't support all the versions of the merging files. The patch will be for the last version. In fact the older version don't have all the optimizations required for the game to boot, once translated. For those of you who want to play it on HD anyway, I think your best bet is to wait until I can support the rest of platforms, in the meantime, PRO CFW is the way to go.

~Sky

XxArgonxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you'll make a tutorial on how to patch/merge the game sky for when it's out >W< Cause some people might get confused. Me being one of them >_>

Reactions: LoyalZero1

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't mind me asking. What's the status on the actual insertion of the translated text? I am guessing that will take some time as well after all!

Reactions: XxArgonxX

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't mind me asking. What's the status on the actual insertion of the translated text? I am guessing that will take some time as well after all!

Text translation and text insertion are the same thing to us. When we report that the text is 90% (or whatever) translated, we mean it's translated and in the file that will go in the game when you perform the patching process.

You might mean polish, like editing or typesetting. That IS different than translation, and it does lag a little behind our reported translation progress. It has to lag a little behind, because editing and typesetting come after translation/localization! :) But it will not impact the schedule.

Does that answer your question?

Reactions: Arizato

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
Text translation and text insertion are the same thing to us. When we report that the text is 90% (or whatever) translated, we mean it's translated and in the file that will go in the game when you perform the patching process.

You might mean polish, like editing or typesetting. That IS different than translation, and it does lag a little behind our reported translation progress. It has to lag a little behind, because editing and typesetting come after translation/localization! :) But it will not impact the schedule.

Does that answer your question?

That's great to hear! From what I understand it's not that common to insert the text as soon as it's translated? But that's awesome!

Probably the best answer you could give me! Thanks!

Reactions: coredecepts

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's great to hear! From what I understand it's not that common to insert the text as soon as it's translated? But that's awesome!

Probably the best answer you could give me! Thanks!

It might not be common, but I'm not the best person to ask about that, haha. It's just how our process as a team has evolved over the last year or so.

About a time frame for release, I really don't know. We're working hard on it and making great progress every day.

LanHikari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have both parts on my PC just sitting there in unpatched text. They keep staring and talking to me to play them ;-;
Do they tell you that in Japanese? Or in English? ;)
I can't wait to play it either... which probably means that both of us end up checking this thread several times a day, even though we both know the patch won't be out til later...

nikolasvanitasX

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi there,I just wanted to thank you guys for your hard work,I have been waiting for FF Type-0 ever since it was first announced along with FF 13 Versus
I am really excited to finally play this game in english
Thank you all for your time and effort
Square Enix sold one more copy of FF Type-0 thanks to your hard word work
DSC_1240.jpg

Reactions: LoyalZero1

XxArgonxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,I just wanted to thank you guys for your hard work,I have been waiting for FF Type-0 ever since it was first announced along with FF 13 Versus
I am really excited to finally play this game in english
Thank you all for your time and effort
Square Enix sold one more copy of FF Type-0 thanks to your hard word work
DSC_1240.jpg

My copy broke. So now it's on my PC. You're lucky to have a real copy :(

Reactions: nikolasvanitasX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy