prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
tz0Zb.png
TITLE: FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 (ファイナルファンタジー 零式)

RELEASE DATE: October 27 [JPN]

PRODUCER: Yoshinori Kitase
DIRECTOR: Hajime Tabata
CO-DIRECTOR & BATTLE PLANNER: Takutsugu Nakazawa
CHARACTER DESIGN: Tetsuya Nomura
ART DIRECTOR: Yusuke Naora
COMPOSER: Takeharu Ishimoto

icon11.gif
Japanese website
kOuuQ.png

OSfIp.png
DQOwG.png
MACHINA (マキナ): A black-haired young man, uses a pair of rapiers.

6AC3B.png
REM (レム): Brown-haired young woman, uses dual wielding daggers. Her battle moves mainly includes dodging her enemies while finding her enemies' weak-spots to deliver a death blow.
CLASS ZERO
BVfnN.png
KURASAME (?): The instructor of the group. He is known as the "Icy Blade of Death" and makes use of a Tonberry in battle.
01MjM.png
ACE (エース): A boy with tarot cards who is supposedly a key character. Said to have a lovable childish nature.
SFsJN.png
TREY (トレイ): Armed with a bow and arrow.
9q1qj.png
CINQUE (チンク): Armed with a mace.
4oBAx.png
SEVEN (セブン): Armed with an extending chain whip.
uhOrM.png
EIGHT (エイト): A martial artist who fights only with his legs. He appears to team up with Trey and the Scythe-wielding character.
n0FtT.png
NINE (ナイン): Armed with a spear. His uniform and general appearance is somewhat disheveled compared to the other playable characters.
dXYpv.png
JACK (ジャック): Armed with a katana.
dX6tg.png
QUEEN (クィーン): She wields her sword in a fencing style, striking with one hand while incorporating lots of acrobatic moves in her repertoire of attacks.
GscX8.png
TBA (?): Red hair girl uses a rather ancient gunpowder pistol. One shot is said to generate large amounts for force.
F9JIT.png
Sice (サイス): Blue haired girl uses a spear and sickle that are combine together to form a massive scythe. Function of weapon is unknown.
hAnah.png
TBA (?): Light brown haired girl uses a flute. The music from the flute is able to boost the allies’ powers. She has a moogle as a companion.
n3CZG.png
King (キング): Crossed eye male wields two revolvers. Specializes in moderate range combat.
w7SHg.png

VTUIX.png
VSgA0.png
FdXQF.png
The world of Final Fantasy Type-0 is called Oriens, and is composed of four regions, each powered by a crystal. The names of the four regions are Rubrum, Milites, Anaze, and Kogai. Around each of the crystals is a magic school called a Peristylium, where students are trained to become powerful soldiers and magicians. The game focuses on Rubrum Peristylium Suzaku Magic Academy, located on an island detached from the rest of the continent.

A peace treaty called the "Pax Codex" was signed between the nations in which these crystals reside. Under the command of High Commander Cid, Byakko breaks the treaty and begins to invade the other nations with his airship armada and l'Cie clad in magical armor. He manages to conquer all of the nations except Suzaku, where he is met with strong resistance due to Suzaku's strong defensive capabilities. They manage to disable the crystal's power, however, which renders the majority of the nation powerless, except for twelve students who have retained the powers from their crystal pact. At this point, Cid attempts to persuade the president of Rubrum to sign a new treaty to lay down their arms, but the students are busy forming a plan called "Operation Apostle" that aims to take down the Milites forces.​
[/indent]
NB97Q.png

Jl5s9.png
S7Dyo.png
cbbUm.png

The battle system in the game is a new evolution of the "ATB Kai" system that was created by Takatsugu Nakazawa for Final Fantasy X-2, and later refined in Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-. Unlike Crisis Core, Type-0's combat is party-based. Instead of navigating through menus, actions are mapped directly to the face buttons for quick access. Nakazawa says he wants it to be the fastest version of ATB ever created. It also supports both Ad-hoc and Infrastructure multiplayer for up to three players. This is manifested not in full-scale multiplayer, but as an emergency backup when the player's party is about to be wiped out. The player will play in single-player with a party of three, and when a party member dies, they will be switched out for another. In the emergency of loss of nearly all characters, the player will be able to call in aid from another player for a duration of three minutes, with bonus time granted through good play.

Like Final Fantasy XII, the character has the option to choose the leader of their party, but it has differed by allowing them to change party members during actual gameplay. The characters who lead the party are the ones playable. Summons also appear in the game and play a role in the characters' growth, and they are said to be controllable as well, in the vein of Final Fantasy X's Aeons.

Tabata also says that Type-0 is similar to The 3rd Birthday, saying that while they are two different games in terms of content, the core of what the staff can do on the PSP in terms of gameplay is similar between the two games.
n1S5L.png

icon42.gif
Official Trailer

icon42.gif
TGS Trailer
icon42.gif
(New) Demo gameplay

icon35.gif
Screens and details (andriasang) [Mar 25, 2011]
icon35.gif
Battle System (andriasang) [Mar 22, 2011]
icon35.gif
Screenshots from demo (4Gamer Japanese) [May 21, 2011]
icon35.gif
FF Type-0 site update (New screenshots) (andriasang) [June 12, 2011]
icon35.gif
Kitase Unsure Of Final Fantasy Type-0 Western Release (Gamingunion) [June 13th, 2011]
icon35.gif
Tetsuya Nomura and Hajime Tabata on Final Fantasy Type-0 (andriasang) [July 7th, 2011]
icon35.gif
Demo details (andriasang) [August 3rd, 2011]
icon35.gif
Demo information, controls and download [August 11th, 2011]

icon11.gif
Type-0 Wikipedia
icon11.gif
Type-0 Final Fantasy Wikia

I wanted a hype thread even though the release is in Summer so I made one (yay?). I also want to keep the OP with details of the game, not just loldiscussok?.
If I'm missing some details, recent news, media, etc. please say. Also if I don't see some news from here on, be sure to post it so I can update the OP.
also I totally didn't get ideas from the FFXIII OT on NeoGaf or anything

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this have anything to do with FFXIII? I didn't really recognize anything too noticeable through a brief skim but I'm only like 10 hours into XIII.

Still, XIII has kinda revived my hopes in the series and definitely given me a second thought. I'll definitely give this a try, let's hope it gets localized.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Guild McCommunist said:
Does this have anything to do with FFXIII?
It's apart of Fabula Nova Crystallis, think of it like Ivalice Alliance (Tactics and FF12)
There could be some cameos but I highly doubt it.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
prwlr. said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Does this have anything to do with FFXIII?
It's apart of Fabula Nova Crystallis, think of it like Ivalice Alliance (Tactics and FF12)
There could be some cameos but I highly doubt it.
Remember the games used to be called "Final Fantasy Agito XIII", but they changed the name in hopes of "Final Fantasy Type-0" becoming a series of its own, like the Crystal Chronicles series for example. (Which is why SE also registered Type-1, Type-2 and Type-3)

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sinharvest24 said:
Somehow, i can't seem to get hype for this game. I not a fan of the action-type battle system, i put up with it in crisis core, i'll still try it to see if i like the changes.

lightening bottom left?

Indeed Lightning! 0.o

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
clegion said:
If it get brought over the states...
so it's more like CC rather than the action system of KH?It's a mix between The 3rd Birthday and Crisis Core.
No DMW, fuck yeah!QUOTE(slayerdx @ Apr 9 2011, 06:44 AM) Do you guys think there will be a DLC for this game? (aka any bonuses for preordering)
If there are any 'DLC', it'll probably be for how many stamps you have on the JP SE member site.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
prwlr. said:
clegion said:
If it get brought over the states...
so it's more like CC rather than the action system of KH?It's a mix between The 3rd Birthday and Crisis Core.
No DMW, fuck yeah!QUOTE(slayerdx @ Apr 9 2011, 06:44 AM) Do you guys think there will be a DLC for this game? (aka any bonuses for preordering)
If there are any 'DLC', it'll probably be for how many stamps you have on the JP SE member site.
DLC has nothing to do with that.
unsure.gif

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Goli said:
DLC has nothing to do with that.
unsure.gif
In the Third Birthday JPN, you unlock outfits/weapons for how many stamps you have on the member site don't you?

Like thisQUOTEBlaze Edge Complete the game once in any mode and have at least 7 Stamps on Square-Enix Member Site.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So it's skill/job/class based rather than character story-line driven? I never got on with those FFs (III and V are the two I've tried), it's harder to get emotionally involved with such vague characters (for me anyway).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...