Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection coming to the US/EU

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This coming March in Japan, Square Enix is releasing Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection for PSP. It is an enhanced remake of Final Fantasy 4 and its cell phone/WiiWare sequel, The After Years. This is not the first time the game has been rereleased on a newer system by any means. The original Final Fantasy IV has been rereleased on the PS1, Wonderswan Color, GBA, Nintendo DS, Wii Virtual Console, and probably some others i forgot. The difference here is that the game is receiving a 2D graphical update similar to Square Enix's prior Final Fantasy I and II anniversary editions for the PSP. Also new to the PSP version is an original side plot that is said to link the first game and After Years together.

But the big news came in the form of official confirmation that Square Enix is localizing the game. It is scheduled for release on April 19th in North America and Europe simultaneously. Quite soon after the game releases in Japan on March 24th actually. One of the quicker localizations they've done. One English screen can be seen below in the spoiler tag, and the US boxart (not yet ESRB rated). [/p]
image4.png

48602.jpg
icon11.gif
Source

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Official site with trailer and more screenshots: http://www.ff4completecollection.com/
I was starting to wonder if this was gonna be released here or not, but it is!
toot.gif

My only problem is the font. It's so ugly. SE's latest PSP games have really ugly fonts (see Dissidia 012 [duodecim] and Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together English screenshots), why does White Magic have a space and Black Magic doesn't? They have the same number of letters... So it's not like they could fit one but not the other one.
Also, this thread will be full of FF haters (like Stevetry) and people complaining about the lack of FFV & VI remakes, which is totally understandable, but still >:.
EDIT: Front page news?!
ohmy.gif

EDIT2: All of my predictions came true. I should go play the lottery now.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure Final Fantasy 5 and 6 will be whored out soon enough and remade multiple times, now that they're (hopefully) finished with 1 2 and 4. Funny how 3 tends to get revisited and whored out less... It would be neat if they could incorporate both the DS' new story elements AND the party switching from the GBA remake along with the new bonus dungeons/scenarios added to that one. They were strangely absent in the DS remake.

And yeah, front paged. Costello specifically told me that he really wants more general gaming news front paged from now on. He's the boss, so i'm happy to oblige (not like i'm good at anything else anyways, except in the rare case Chanser isn't online and there are some DS releases to submit lol).

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
SS4 said:
Lets hope u can stay a DK instead of turning into a Paladin and get 2 different ending like the original Jap game on the SNES.
wat.
That's not possible in any version of the game released ever.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty certain that what SS4 said is completely false. Unless there's some kind of glitch i don't know about, or maybe a rom hack that he mistook for the original version. >_>

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another reason for me to want to buy a PSP. It's weird how many remakes/ports this has had (PS1 port, GBA 2D remake, semi-surprising yet well done DS 3D remake and now PSP amazing 2D remake) I will be buying this one and the DS one (already have the PS1 version).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People always give shit to FFIV for all its ports and remakes but it's still probably the best Final Fantasy game in my opinion. It actually has a plot and characters I can give a shit about. The DS version seemed too long winded to me so odds are I'll definitely want this version if it's just a "better pixels" version. Plus it's got The After Years, so I can't complain.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
machomuu said:
Another reason for me to want to buy a PSP. It's weird how many remakes/ports this has had (PS1 port, GBA 2D remake, semi-surprising yet well done DS 3D remake and now PSP amazing 2D remake) I will be buying this one and the DS one (already have the PS1 version).
Pssst! You forgot it had two different versions on the SNES, the Wonderswan version (which is what the GBA is based in) and the cellphone port with updated sprites!

Guild McCommunist said:
People always give shit to FFIV for all its ports and remakes but it's still probably the best Final Fantasy game in my opinion. It actually has a plot and characters I can give a shit about. The DS version seemed too long winded to me so odds are I'll definitely want this version if it's just a "better pixels" version. Plus it's got The After Years, so I can't complain.
And an all new scenario linking both! I also expect it to ship with a costume code for Dissidia 012

QUOTE(lilsypha @ Feb 1 2011, 06:43 PM)
FUCK YEAH!!!

Want, want, want, want, want, want, want.

*marks April 19 on Calendar*
I think I had never seen a supervisor so excited O:.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Actually, IV is one of my favorite FF titles, I wasn't insulting it.

Goli said:
QUOTE(machomuu @ Feb 1 2011, 05:17 PM) Another reason for me to want to buy a PSP. It's weird how many remakes/ports this has had (PS1 port, GBA 2D remake, semi-surprising yet well done DS 3D remake and now PSP amazing 2D remake) I will be buying this one and the DS one (already have the PS1 version).
Pssst! You forgot it had two different versions on the SNES, the Wonderswan version (which is what the GBA is based in) and the cellphone port with updated sprites!
Crap! Sorry
tongue.gif
Wait...is the phone version to regular, small mobile phones or do I need to get a really new and advanced phone?

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Goli said:
QUOTE(machomuu @ Feb 1 2011, 05:17 PM) Another reason for me to want to buy a PSP. It's weird how many remakes/ports this has had (PS1 port, GBA 2D remake, semi-surprising yet well done DS 3D remake and now PSP amazing 2D remake) I will be buying this one and the DS one (already have the PS1 version).
Crap! Sorry
tongue.gif
Wait...is the phone version to regular, small mobile phones or do I need to get a really new and advanced phone?
Well, something in between. You need a Japanese phone: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/mobile/ff/ff4/top.html
It has updated sprites which look closer to the character's artwork and a new EX Dungeon post game.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Goli said:
Crap! Sorry
tongue.gif
Well, something in between. You need a Japanese phone: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/mobile/ff/ff4/top.html
It has updated sprites which look closer to the character's artwork and a new EX Dungeon post game.
No...Japan always gets the best stuff
cry.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
A FF1 remake, a FF2 remake, a FF4 remake.....why don't they just remake FF7 and 8 and give the fanboys what they want?
Probably because they want to remake the pre-3D ones/traditional ones (excluding Final Fantasy IX). I loved 7 and 8, but am pissed at them for breaking everything that was traditional about Final Fantasy. IX brought tradition back but then X decided to break it again, and that's when FF started to go downhill (I hate Final Fantasy X)...
They were great games, but still...

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this time I'll finish FF4... And no, please no FF7 remake. No more FF7 PERIOD, actually. It's an overrated game that'll screw over any other game releasing in the same year as it that's not Mario, CoD, or Halo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.