xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
2mxihj4.jpg

QUOTE said:
Cecil and his awkwardly named son Ceodore are coming to PSP in the spring. Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection packs Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years on one UMD.

V-Jump reveals this version of Final Fantasy IV sports new graphics, but not the cutesy 3D models from the Nintendo DS remake. Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection looks more like the 20th anniversary Final Fantasy remakes with character portraits in text boxes and modern spell effects.

Square Enix released Final Fantasy IV: The After Years on WiiWare in North America. It’s a direct sequel that stars Cecil and Rosa’s son (spoiler alert!) and shows what happened to many characters from Final Fantasy IV. This downloadable game also received a PSP facelift.

New and just for Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection is a story that links Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years.

Due for Japanese release in Spring 2011. Other regions...pfft, who knows...

Source (& Siliconera)

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
ohmy.gif

I was so not expecting this.
Still, it's nice to see some Amano art for Ceodore, I don't like the new artist they have put in charge of the art for FFIV TAY and FFL.
So... I think this means I'll never finish the WiiWare version of TAY. Oh well.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
They need to seriously quit remaking Final Fantasy 4. They keep remaking this same crappy game, but FF6, or other non-Final Fantasies get ignored.

FFIV was awesome, I don't know what you're talking about. And they've had one remake of FFIV, unless they redid it for the PSX collection.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
geminisama said:
They need to seriously quit remaking Final Fantasy 4. They keep remaking this same crappy game, but FF6, or other non-Final Fantasies get ignored.

FFIV was awesome, I don't know what you're talking about. And they've had one remake of FFIV, unless they redid it for the PSX collection.

They already made a remake for DS. There's no reason for another remake more.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Guild McCommunist said:
geminisama said:

Final Fantasy IV release history:

SNES:
Japan: April 19, 1991 (Hard Type)
Japan: October 19, 1991 (Easy Type)
America: November 23, 1991 (Under the Final Fantasy II name)

PlayStation version (All of the PlayStation releases are based on the original game, aka "Hard Type"):
Japan: March 21, 1997 (Released as a standalone game)
Japan: March 11, 1999 (Released bundled with Final Fantasy V and VI under the Final Fantasy Collection name)
America: June 29, 2001 (Released bundled with Chrono Trigger under the Final Fantasy Chronicles name, has a new localization and an opening CG movie)
Europe: May 17, 2002 (Same as above)

WonderSwan Color version:
Japan: March 28, 2002 (Has redrawn graphics for most of the overworld sprites)

Game Boy Advance version:
Japan: December 15, 2005 (Has the same upgrades the WonderSwan version does and more, such as character portraits, new bosses, etc)
America: December 12, 2005
Australia: June 2, 2006
Europe: February 23, 2006

Nintendo DS version:
Japan: December 20, 2007 (Has fully redrawn 3D graphics, upgraded soundtrack, new story events, an expanded script and more)
America: July 22, 2008
Australia: September 4, 2008
Europe: September 5, 2008

Wii Virtual Console:
Japan: August 4, 2009
America: March 8, 2010
Europe: June 11, 2010

Mobile phones:
Japan: October 5, 2009 (Mostly based on the Advance version, but with upgraded battle sprites)

And now...

PSP:
Japan: 2011
Rest of the world: ???

You decide which are ports and which are remakes
nyanya.gif

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only real remake of IV is DS. Every others were pretty much just (enhanced) ports. Anyway, I was hoping they'd use the DS version of IV but oh well. As long as it includes the extras of the DS version or all new content/elements then I'll probably bite. I still haven't played TAY for the Wiiware, and even if I did I'll probably play this one still, just for the extra chapter.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
geminisama said:

Maybe "remake", was a poor choice of words, but Goli did a fine example of making my point.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FINALLY FF IV gets remade on PSP
yaypsp.gif

The DS version wasn't bad, but it was HARD and I didn't really like the new graphics
This is exactly what I wanted!

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
pyrmon24 said:
FINALLY FF IV gets remade on PSP
yaypsp.gif

The DS version wasn't bad, but it was HARD and I didn't really like the new graphics
This is exactly what I wanted!
It wasn't really hard with a proper strategy.
This one will probably be harder.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
FF IV was just about the only FF game I really really liked, I played it on the DS and it got me hooked for several hours.
This version looks superb, this just may be the final reason for me to buy a secondhand PSP
tongue.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah...no.

Sorry Square, but clearly you're keg or originality is about to be tapped as well. First Activision's, now yours.

Played the game enough, no way in hell am I going to play this. There's literally no point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth