Hacking Final fantasy: Heroes of Light

fireclash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello all, I've had an acekard 2i for a fair while, my firmware is up to date (well, 1 update behind, not like i play power rangers), overall it works very well just the rare bad contact where i need to reënter it. I've an issue though, i've been playing FF:HoL, about halfway through the game. I'd shut my game down (not while saving) yet the game doesn't detect the save. It doesn't say corrupted save or so, just doesn't detect it at all. After I made a backup of the save i saved a new game and it does detect that save, restoring the backup it once again doesn't detect it. Does anybody have any idea what could've happened (as i wasn't saving/loading a save) or how i can fix it please?

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I'm playing this on my Acekard 2i and not been playing too far but I will start playing a bit more every now and then and report back, but just in case, these are my AK2i information:

Acekard 2i
AKAIO 1.8.9
Latest Loader (not the one which was fixed for Power Ranger, just like you, 1 update behind)
HWID: 81
Nintendo DSi XL

I will get back to you soon.

EDIT:

Sorry, just to be more specific. What do you mean by "I'd shut my game down (not while saving) yet the game doesn't detect the save?" Hmm? Do you mean you put your DS to sleep mode? I need more info. Thanks.

fireclash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I mean that i was playing, i'd made a mistake (forgot to get something out of storage) and loading the save'd be faster than running back so i shut down my nintendo DSi, started it up again, loaded the game and that's when i saw it didn't detect the save.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
does the save work on an emulator? what is the size of the save? have you tried reformatting the msd card? all of your other games work without issue? you have double checked that akaio is set to read .sav or .nds.sav and that you are not trying to run an incorrectly named save file?

this hobby really forces us to reformat our msd cards every 3-6 months depending on usage. my beta testing kits will get reformatted a few times a month, while my strict gaming kits will get a fresh reformat a few times a year. its always something little like this that happens and that's usually a sign that the card has a corrupt sector or two. i've had cards that worked perfectly in all aspects except 1 homebrew would not load. it didn't seem like formatting was a necessary solution, but in the end it was the only thing that fixed the problem.

it is possible that your save is corrupted, which is why we recommend that you back up your saves frequently. this is also the reason smiths implemented the cloud saving feature of akaio. you can now simply upload your saves and store them on the akaio servers.

-another world

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I mean that i was playing, i'd made a mistake (forgot to get something out of storage) and loading the save'd be faster than running back so i shut down my nintendo DSi, started it up again, loaded the game and that's when i saw it didn't detect the save.

Hm, I played a bit far in the game, fought some battles, saved, reset and I shutdown my DS and my save still detects? And also I always soft reset (except for this particular test I just power off my DS system just to see if I am getting problems like you) my game then I shutdown :\ habit of mine. But every thing works so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?