Gaming Final Fantasy franchise

2cb2ct7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I hope you can help me out. I was wondering if someone could post a complete list of FF games along with the systems they were/are available on and a rough average of bare-bones, walkthrough style playing time.

e.g. FFVII (PS1, 40 hours)

Cheers.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The bastion of accuracy that is wikipedia should serve you here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_titles

Playing times are usually anywhere from 10 hours to several hundred depending on the time you spend level grinding (or cheating) and smelling the roses.

In terms of the main series I have only got to 9 (not played 10 , 11 (yes I know it is an mmorpg) or 12), I tend to spend a long time doing sidequests or exploring
1- 30
2- 40
3- 40 Nes, longer DS
4-
5- 60 (My favourite incidently)
6-
7- I probably put 130 in but I went for all the ultimate weapons, limit breaks, Knights of the round, gold chocobo.......
8- I missed quite a lot when I was playing so I went back, perhaps 90
9- no idea about this one.

GBA- tactics: never completed it (I like onimusha tactics more) but 50 and up is normal time.

As for the GBA/DS I would suggest playing the original system games (if there is a fan translation they are usually pretty good as well) via emulation if you can with the exception of 3 (which has an awesome nes translation but the DS version is great).

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
FFVII: Yeah 40 sounds about right
FFVIII: 80-90 for getting everything, sidequests and all. No idea what the play straight through no nonsense time is (40-60 at a guess?)
FFIX: Don't remember. (I took a 1 year break in the middle of it) I'll check next time I've got the PSX out.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Why are you playing them with the aid of a walkthrough? That kills them off if you want to play as long as possible, unless you're just going for bragging rights
sleep.gif

2cb2ct7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not playing them with a walkthrough, I just want to know what sort of play duration to expect.

I plan on playing through all the early games (FFI, II, IV, V, VI, all GBA, and of course III on DS) and I just wanted to know what sort of timeframe to expect.

Naouak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i beat the 9 in about 20hours the first time i played it :s
A friends told me that you need about 80hours to beat the XII

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FF1 and FF2 I've never played and am looking forward to the psp remakes. FF3 DS I went through and got everything in the game + mastered all jobs (distributed amongst everyone of course) and I ran up to 86 hours, FF4 I have everything including 3 pink tails and that took around 93 hours, FF5 I have 95 hours on the clock and all jobs mastered and got everything in the game, FF6 took me 94 hours getting everything and mastering all espers and all sidequests, FF7 ran off the clock for me, I'm thinkin @ least 140 hours since I leveled Aerith to level 99 on the first disc (without cheats) because back then I thought maybe it might change Sephiroth killing her, and got everything else in the game including all items and sidequests (all level S Chocobos every single one and 3 sets of master materias), FF9 took me around 98 hours doing all sidequests and getting all cards, never played FF10-12 since FFX and FFXII has scarred me for life. Although my brother told me he's spent about 130 hours on FFXII and he has just about everything and beating that yasmat dragon (a super boss I guess, not too sure about it). It all depends on how much you want to get into these games, but if you just plowed through it doing speed runs, you can do them real quickly since many holds records for going through final fantasies at level 10 and below etc. I'd much rather enjoy completion.

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lots and lots of hours.
i think i had 60+ hours on ff II on snes (its the one with rosa and cecil)
that just because I spent hours trying to get a stupid pink tail for adamant armor. Btw i didnt ever get it, only when it was remade for GBA did i get a pink tail, and after my first fight I just about threw my GBA out the window, I was so mad.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF4 well...2 on SNES can be done in around 18.5 hours completely short of the 1/32 chance of bagging the pink puff.

FF6 I disagree on their timer as I recall downing it in under 40hours my first attempt, skipped nothing back when it was on SNES as 3. I recall grinding like hell with the cacutaurs to get my entire team with full or nearly full magic within that time frame too. I'm redoing it now after err 13years now on GBA and I'm right where I earn strago/relm and I think I have 10hours on the clock if that, probably closer to 8 I'd have to check.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Currently Playing Final Fantasy XII - PS2
Clocked 70 hrs so far - about 2/3's in.

Longest play time for any Final Fantasy was Final Fantasy X - PS2

165 hrs 43 minutes - Complete

Final Fantasy IV - V - VI - SNES - Around 50 hrs - Complete
Final Fantasy VII - VIII - IX - PS1 - Around 80 hrs - Complete
Final Fantasy I - II - III - NES Emulation - Around 30 hrs - Complete

Final Fantasy X-II - PS2 - Not Cleared
Final Fantasy XI - PC - Not played

Final Fantasy Tactics - 99:99:59+ - PS1 - Cleared Game
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - GBA - Not Cleared
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - GCN - Not Cleared
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - SNES - Around 20 hrs - Cleared Game*

*Not an Official Final Fantasy Square Co. Ltd title - was made by Squaresoft USA - just used the namesake.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Yeah
evil.gif
I fell in love with the game thought it was amazing. Got everything all the monsters in that farm thing too heh that was quite tough all master weapons (stupid quests). I used the official guide tho lol, without it I couldn't put a realistic time on it you'd be playing forever and each time through you could miss stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...