The Prince.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering which game is better. I only played a bit of both.
Give reasons to support your answer!
biggrin.gif

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Echoes of Time, because it has online multiplayer and Wii connectivity!
Playing local co-op is a blast too, in fact I did a local co-op only run with my cousin, I played on my Wii and she on my DS, it was awesome
biggrin.gif

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Echoes of Time.

More Costumes, More customizations, More Bosses, More Levels, More difficulty options, More Quests, Better soundtrack, PVP, Online Multiplayer (Even if its laggier than shit, its better than nothing :\ ).

Reactions: KoalaBoy

admotonic

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Im gona be different and go with ring of fates. The story was way better and echoes of time was to easy cause you could get 4 party members right at the start of the game

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh, I know most people prefer Echoes of Time because of all the multiplayer, extra features.

I actually prefer Rings of Fate though, because the story seemed much more interesting. Whereas in EoT, there's a more generic story because your character isn't even in any of the cutscenes xDD

Keep in mind I didn't finish either of them, that's just my opinion after spending quite a few hours playing them both.

EDIT: Also, unless you can tolerate extreme lag, the multiplayer gets kind of annoying. I tried it with a friend over wi-fi and he got annoyed :/

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Echoes of time.
Races are more balanced (lilties still being useless compared to the others)

More to do. More to get, all that jazz.
Not using the stupid magicite system
It's just better overall.

Story sucked in both, so that was never a factor for me.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Inunah said:
admotonic said:
echoes of time was to easy

LIES! There was a puzzle in there that was near impossible without Wifi friends. And believe me, without Wifi friends you can't do it because the AI party members were fucking stupid.

What puzzle?
There were some tough ones to do with 3 AI, but never impossible.
I could see the game being a piece of cake 2 player though.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer Ring entirely. I got the wii/ds (ds version) of Echoes and it was goddamn awful. All the fun mechanics of Ring I felt were totally just wasted, and the story did zero to drag me in. It felt like a cheap cash in using the old engine to get another game out, but yet another case of bad sequel-itis where you get a good game then add bad ideas just to do something new.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh and the cut-scenes on Echoes of Time were awefull as hell. Probably because It had to be played on the wii but still annoying compared to Ring Of Fates
frown.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both are better in their own ways depending on how you're playing. If you're going solo in single player, Ring of Fates is better. If you have friends locally or over wifi, Echoes of Time is the better game. And if you have both options, just play both and decide which one appeals to you more.

Personally, i like the story in Ring of Fates much more. The voice acting is horrible, but i did quite like the plot and how things unfold. I just wish the characters weren't as annoying. I found Echoes less story driven overall and having better voices, but it was a far less interesting story since there was less to it.

Gameplay wise, they feel very much the same. There's very little difference between the two besides a few tweaks here and there. Dungeon design in Echoes is built for multiplayer though IMO. The best way to progress is to work as a team. I found solo'ing ROF much better.

Overall i prefer Ring of Fates. I'm a single player guy though in general. To its credit though, Echoes is the first wifi game i ever tried playing and it was a fun experience and a new one for me.

Drigz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is obvious that Echoes of Time is greater because Ring of Fates is slowing down mostly on multiplayer (retail game)

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
granville said:
Both are better in their own ways depending on how you're playing. If you're going solo in single player, Ring of Fates is better. If you have friends locally or over wifi, Echoes of Time is the better game. And if you have both options, just play both and decide which one appeals to you more.

Personally, i like the story in Ring of Fates much more. The voice acting is horrible, but i did quite like the plot and how things unfold. I just wish the characters weren't as annoying. I found Echoes less story driven overall and having better voices, but it was a far less interesting story since there was less to it.

Gameplay wise, they feel very much the same. There's very little difference between the two besides a few tweaks here and there. Dungeon design in Echoes is built for multiplayer though IMO. The best way to progress is to work as a team. I found solo'ing ROF much better.

Overall i prefer Ring of Fates. I'm a single player guy though in general. To its credit though, Echoes is the first wifi game i ever tried playing and it was a fun experience and a new one for me.

Agreed. Couldn't have put it better myself :/

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
suruz said:
granville said:

Agreed. Couldn't have put it better myself :/
Yep +2, well put, but I'm more of a single player myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If you get the words yawn and wut you'll be golden +1