Gaming Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates DS

masterbiles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, im using a supercard sd microSD flash rom and SC MicroSD v2.65 to patch my roms

Ive tried the IPS patch on the clean rom and the one patched with the program first, dident work.

I have no idea how to do the cheat.dat fix with my setup, if anybody can help me get this working that would be great.

Pintassilgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
enda19 said:
thank you
smile.gif

so i have another question, i had a save file from my unpatched ffcc.nds file.
after i patch the ffcc.nds and use the patched rom, can i still play my old save file without gettin moggle of death? or is the moggle of death saved in my saved file? lols.

No,patched my ROM and my save loaded fine

But when I patched the ROM,the patcher automatically renamed the ROM to another name,so you just have to rename It so it matches the .SAV file

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
zebrone said:
Law said:
zebrone said:
ok guys i've not found the link for raider's dat..can someone post it?

It's not like the thread is stickied or anything.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77646

Yeah thank you, i've already found the thread but i cannot find the link of the .dat!!!

Did you read the first post?

I'll probably make this post a little more elaborate when I'm feeling more ambitious.

For now, just a simple post.......download is in my sig.

http://users.ameritech.net/rayder/3-15-08.zip

rsxbwa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure about other R4 owners, but I've tried the ffccrof-deMoD-test2.ips patch... still getting 2 white screens.

I've tried raydar's cheat, still getting 2 white screens. Any other r4 owners having the same problem?

using r4 1.16

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
rsxbwa said:
Not sure about other R4 owners, but I've tried the ffccrof-deMoD-test2.ips patch... still getting 2 white screens.

I've tried raydar's cheat, still getting 2 white screens. Any other r4 owners having the same problem?

using r4 1.16

Get a clean rom.

If you use the cheats with the patch, I've heard you get a white screen. Get a clean rom and only enable the code that removes the messages. Do not use any other codes.

Vanbandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so i think i have a slightly different question here, so i have a ds fire card and i tried using the the isp patch method and i came up with an error message conflicting that it was not the right isp to patch the rom, and as far as i know i cannot use the cheat method, so can anyone help me with getting this fantastic game to play without the "thank you for playing!!" screen?

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So which is the recommended method for R4/M3 Simply owners? Patching or cheat-enabling? This thread seems to point out problems or no problems for either method...
wtf.gif

pocari79

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Using R4 v1.16 and used both the prepatch and cheat. game seems to work fine. However, it's hanging for me when you go back to the castle town the 2nd time and you go to a store. Freezing occurs when after the shopkeepers talk to you and the screen just doesn't change and the music keeps on playing.

Anybody else getting this??

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
pocari79 said:
Using R4 v1.16 and used both the prepatch and cheat. game seems to work fine. However, it's hanging for me when you go back to the castle town the 2nd time and you go to a store. Freezing occurs when after the shopkeepers talk to you and the screen just doesn't change and the music keeps on playing.

Anybody else getting this??

Yep, common problem.

Although I've only had one "freeze" so far.

I think my MicroSD card is formatted in FAT16 with 64kb clusters, you might want to try that too.

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There seems to be two revised codes implemented in Rayder's CHEAT file :

The first being :
Code:
No "Thanks for playing" screen
120F8830 00000000
120FB658 00000000

The code was first made by Cracker from these forums, which he claims fixes the freezes the game may trigger at certain points (vendors, towns).

A third and latest revision (as of this post) seems to employ solely the 2nd line of the code, hence :

Code:
No "Thanks for playing" screen
120FB658 00000000

Rayder's CHEAT file places both codes in the CHEAT menu on our R4s and M3 Simplies along with the original fix, but the third and latest code is by default, enabled.

Problems seem to occur when multiple cheat codes are enabled. You guys can check things out and play through the game using one cheat code at a time. The 2nd and 3rd codes should solve the problems everyone seems to face, permanently.

shockingalberto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patched the rom, got the latest R4 firmware, and got the game to play.

...sort of.

I keep getting random freezings. This happened with Revenant Wings, as well. Any clue what's happening?

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
shockingalberto said:
Patched the rom, got the latest R4 firmware, and got the game to play.

...sort of.

I keep getting random freezings. This happened with Revenant Wings, as well. Any clue what's happening?

Avoid running the patched ROM simultaneously with CHEATS enabled : this may cause errors for some people.

Otherwise try running an unpatched ROM with one cheat enabled at a time : post your feedback here.

I, for one, have played Revenant Wings all the way to chapter 12, no freezes. This may be because I don't cheat to begin with : I game legitimately. The only cheats I use are bug-troubleshooting cheats like the ones needed for FF CC for the sake of progressing through the story.

Warning : Cheats are known to alter game data and may cause unstable gameplay and random freezes. it is normal for games to freeze because of multiple cheats enabled simultaneously.

A single cheat code may trigger freezes and lockdowns if it is poorly designed. Usually, that is not the case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.