Gaming Final Fantasy CC: Echoes

f3ar000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ROF was really good... but the multiplayer was meh
I will admit that I was not as hyped for this game as Pokemon Platinum but still...

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone knows how to use the wifi? I'm trying to play with others from here using FC but we cant seem to figure it out (Jap version). Thanks

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
The main hook of this game is the wifi coop multiplayer for up to 4 players. You can play through the entire story mode with people from around the world. It's really fun and awesome IMO. Vistabuser and I played through the majority of the Japan game and we had a blast. It's addictive as crack sometimes. Too bad it tended to lag VERY badly for us sometimes. Maybe they'll fix the lag in the US release.

Sadly, the single player mode just isn't as fun. Ring of Fates was probably a little superior. Despite having pretty cheesy dialog and voice acting, the story was actually kind of in depth and sometimes engaging. Not so much with Echoes as it's more generic. I don't think your character talks much or at all and your wifi or AI partner NEVER speaks or is featured in the story.

I'd give this game a 7/10 if you play it in single player or a 9/10 if you play with a friend. I'm biased in favor of the multiplayer, and would normally never give a game 2 different scores when comparing single or multiplayer, but here, it matters. If you have friends either locally, or anywhere in the world with this game, I can highly recommend this game. If not, your mileage will vary to the point of either like or hate. Few things are as fun as trudging through locations cooperatively and helping each other solve ingenious puzzles or platforming. But it's pretty dull when you're playing alone.

Also, you can hit each other in the game. That can actually be kind of fun to mess with each other.
tongue.gif
you were lagging cause u were playiing online in the US with jpn rom. i had simirlar issues with ygo since i have the jpn version

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been playing with japenese people and there isn't any or that much lag. It's like playing by yourself but sometimes there might be a little laggie issue but other than that its great
biggrin.gif
. Hope we can pick the regions we can play in if were doing random matches (Cant tell in Japen).

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I have really been looking forward to. I have always dreamed of playing an online FF game in the same vein as FF Crystal Chronicles. Seems like someone thought the same thing. After being deeply hurt by my time with the FF XI MMORPG, I think this will be a nice breath of fresh air.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think it would be kind of neat if my neighbor got this game for her Wii while I got it for my DS. Playing side-by-side would be fairly interesting, more so than DS-to-DS via local wireless in RoF.

manoelpdb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So today is the release day but... it was not dumped yet ;;"
Anyway... I think I can wait some days: been wait like 3 months?
laugh.gif

GhostToast

Trophies
Website
whatthephoto.com
XP
Country
United States
yea i'm looking forward to this one too. hope it's not a dissapointment. would be fun to pick up the wii version and play it with the wife. too bad she's not much into games. anyone played the J version of it and can recommend whether a non-gamer girl might enjoy it anyway?

also can you transfer your character or save or anything from one product to the other?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
robochrono09 said:
Ok I just came back from the mall and EBgames had the game INSTOCK! hopefually game will be dumped tonight

it's already on a famous Nintendo TORRENT tracker Site...

I'm about 50% done

rumsey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm dying to know - can I play on the Wii version while I'm at my house, and the copy my save file over to my DS over wifi to take with me over to a friends and finish up a campaign? That would be a huge selling point, but somehow I predict it is just a huge oversight by the developers...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Lol