Final Fantasy CC: Echoes

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by TwinBlades, Mar 22, 2009.

Mar 22, 2009

Final Fantasy CC: Echoes by TwinBlades at 3:47 PM (7,084 Views / 0 Likes) 56 replies

1. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    Anyone hyped for the game? I'm for sure but just interested in the online play [​IMG]. I was thinking tho if anyone would like to join me and some other people in a group/clan/guild etc? I have a site for that and it also has a chatbox for easier communication.

Off topick: YES GO KOREA ALL THE WAY (WORLD CLASSIC BASEBALL) 10-2 YESTURDAY against Venezuela [​IMG] (Into the finals)

EDIT: Our Site http://z8.invisionfree.com/MVPS

2. manoelpdb

Newcomer manoelpdb Advanced Member

Brazil
    im VERY hyped for this game ;; !!!
    waiting since was dated for USA releasing. im interested in play online and offline... but dunno about to join in a group. but sure we could play together \o/ !

3. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    i hope they will actually sell it where i live.
    last time i waited for a game to buy it no shops sold it(looked for it on releaseday and 1 week after, in 7 different stores)

4. TwinBlades
    OP

Korea, South
  5. LivingToDie

Banned LivingToDie Banned

Netherlands
    [​IMG] the song you hear on the site is stupid ! [​IMG]

6. Melvinkooi

Member Melvinkooi GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Im waiting for it, i liked ROF. [​IMG]

7. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    The main hook of this game is the wifi coop multiplayer for up to 4 players. You can play through the entire story mode with people from around the world. It's really fun and awesome IMO. Vistabuser and I played through the majority of the Japan game and we had a blast. It's addictive as crack sometimes. Too bad it tended to lag VERY badly for us sometimes. Maybe they'll fix the lag in the US release.

Sadly, the single player mode just isn't as fun. Ring of Fates was probably a little superior. Despite having pretty cheesy dialog and voice acting, the story was actually kind of in depth and sometimes engaging. Not so much with Echoes as it's more generic. I don't think your character talks much or at all and your wifi or AI partner NEVER speaks or is featured in the story.

I'd give this game a 7/10 if you play it in single player or a 9/10 if you play with a friend. I'm biased in favor of the multiplayer, and would normally never give a game 2 different scores when comparing single or multiplayer, but here, it matters. If you have friends either locally, or anywhere in the world with this game, I can highly recommend this game. If not, your mileage will vary to the point of either like or hate. Few things are as fun as trudging through locations cooperatively and helping each other solve ingenious puzzles or platforming. But it's pretty dull when you're playing alone.

Also, you can hit each other in the game. That can actually be kind of fun to mess with each other. [​IMG]

8. TwinBlades
    OP

Korea, South
    Thank you to some of you for joining the group [​IMG] (Not only for ff, also for other games as well) Thx you very much!

9. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

it plays different songs
    its a radio station thats playing

10. TwinBlades
    OP

Korea, South
    Anyone thinks that the game is going to get an early dump? Maybe today or tomorrow?

11. ZeroEXE93

Member ZeroEXE93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Based on what we've seen the past week, I think that it's possible for an early leak.

12. Ventus

Newcomer Ventus Member

Sweden
    I haven't been this hyped in a very long time. FF:CC is without doubt one of my favourite series of games.
    I can't quite stand the turn based FF's. I need the kick of real time battles. Therefore Zelda and Sword of Mana are my favourite games.

I'm more than interested in joining your group. At least after I've played a bit myself. There is one catch though. I live in Sweden, so time might be difficult to find. Actually it's 0300.am here right now. I merely can't sleep due to pain from a surgery, and I thought I could at least check if FF:CC had been released whilst I was up. ;-P

13. TwinBlades
    OP

Korea, South
    Hope your okay after your surgery. For the time, theres some people that already joined the group that lives in england or in asia. So you dont need to worry about that. Just vist us anytime but I dont think anyone would be on the page since we all need to get some sleep and I have to be ready for tomorrow. Cya later [​IMG] and get well.

14. Ventus

Newcomer Ventus Member

Sweden
    Haha, yeah, I'm fine... Thank you! =)
    Well then, just so I know. Then I sincerely hope we meet up online sometime.

15. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Meh... I always at least try every Final Fantasy game, so I'll be giving this one a go. However, I just don't think it's gonna be my thing. Like gran said, the main premise of the game is the online co-op, and I never play wi-fi on my DS.

16. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    I liked RoF, the gameplay was good. And a Wifi Co-Op is awesome, so yeah this game is gonna own.

17. LivingToDie

Netherlands
    Why isnt any1 in the chatbox of the site..... im all alone [​IMG]

18. mrcha0s

Newcomer mrcha0s Member

United States
    I was a huge fan of the Gamecube one with my brother and loved Ring of Fates even though it was a bit different. Can't wait for Echoes of Time. Anyone pick it up yet?

19. LivingToDie

Netherlands
    do you guys believe in an early release ? (as rom ---> leaked) ???

if so... when ? today !?

20. vdfritz

Newcomer vdfritz Newbie

Brazil
    i'm really hyped

both in the history mode and online play
    i wan't to see if the story has anything to do with the old game or at least some hints that remember the old story, it'll be cool *0*

and off course right after finishing newgame + and ++ i'll play online for centuries *0*
    i want to buy a copy of this game BADLY
    i even want to buy the DSi japanese bundle for the game, but i'm unemployed right now so it's impossible :/