AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
False, they removed 1 of the ribbons that was there in the NES Version, the Peninsula of Power, which is an intended mechanic, introduced new bugs such as ALL Elements being completely non-function in 1-5, The Ribbon does not work in each pixel remaster, and probably a ton of other things like that.

extra content in this version is a blast, have fun

To say the Peninsula of Power was intended is false it was a bug caused by how the mapping works in the NES version. There are several websites that discuss this in great detail. Here is one for instance

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Peninsula_of_Power

As someone who has completed the NES and gameboy version several times without exploiting the Peninsula of Power bug its no great loss to me :)

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
To say the Peninsula of Power was intended is false it was a bug caused by how the mapping works in the NES version. There are several websites that discuss this in great detail. Here is one for instance

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Peninsula_of_Power

As someone who has completed the NES and gameboy version several times without exploiting the Peninsula of Power bug its no great loss to me :)

While it was originally a glitch, it was intentionally kept in for many iterations. Both sides of this issue are true. Though I personally like the nod to what has become iconic, I'm a little more concerned about the missing/malfunctioning ribbons.

If the pixel remasters included the extra dungeons/content, then I think I would be satisfied. I want to summon cactuar or giligamesh in ffvi, with glorious soundtrack, and without marshmallow sprites.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While it was originally a glitch, it was intentionally kept in for many iterations. Both sides of this issue are true. Though I personally like the nod to what has become iconic, I'm a little more concerned about the missing/malfunctioning ribbons.

If the pixel remasters included the extra dungeons/content, then I think I would be satisfied. I want to summon cactuar or giligamesh in ffvi, with glorious soundtrack, and without marshmallow sprites.
Just to clarify for everyone when I said nothing was missing for the NES version I was meaning story wise and dungeons. For me I just don't see a bug being fixed as being missing content but yes I will concede for some it might be an issue same for the ribbon.

Reactions: tabzer

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is it just me or the patch ruins the game's badge on homescreen?
Other than that its running nicely so far! thanks for your work

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
please explain, it's no different on my end
The 3D thingy that shows up on the top screen of the home menu when highlighting a game? i said badge but it was BANNER

Well, it's ruined. I can barely tell there's something, as in, not empty, but it's a 98% transparent image of a dark solid shape, kinda like an arc.. (meaning, it's not a big square)
There's no texture on it apparently tho, and certainly no 3D model no where to be seen.
How do you guys see the banner?

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do you guys see the banner?
This is how it looks for me on my 3DS.

20220329_030800.jpg

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Strange, anyone knows what might be the issue on my end? What i could try to fix it?
The game runs nicely so far so i'm not too worried, but it'd be nice to have the banner working

YBLP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Strange, anyone knows what might be the issue on my end? What i could try to fix it?
The game runs nicely so far so i'm not too worried, but it'd be nice to have the banner working
Same thing on my end but has nothing to do with the patch, it was like this even before i applied it, try unninstalling the game and installing it again, i just didnt bother with it

Reactions: placebo_yue

windmill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
need a screenshot mate, maybe you did something wrong or your crown got corrupted

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Same thing on my end but has nothing to do with the patch, it was like this even before i applied it, try unninstalling the game and installing it again, i just didnt bother with it
I'll try reinstalling then. Perhaps from a different source
need a screenshot mate, maybe you did something wrong or your crown got corrupted
I'll post one later, although i'm pretty certain i didn't do anything wrong and the patches shouldn't be corrupt since the game works allright

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Citra has a mobile version? damn. I remember it used to run slowly on PC not too long ago.
Either it works on high end phones, or it's development sure went places since i last tried it

SpyderZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I Really hate being "That Guy", but I:

1) Installed the cia, and tested it to see that it was in Japanese.

2) Downloaded V2 of the patch and unzipped it before I copied the files to the correct TITLE folder overwriting the code.ips file that was originally there. (It was the wrong folder. I should have created the folder instead of using the one for another game that I found. I'm dumb. See below...)

And yet, the menus are still in Japanese, as if I'm using the older patch.

I definitely have the v2 zip (I've never downloaded the older one) so I'm wondering if the files are wrong, or if I've somehow botched the process.

Thoughts?

Edited because I'm dumb.

Last edited by SpyderZ,

Nintoad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I Really hate being "That Guy", but I:

1) Installed the cia, and tested it to see that it was in Japanese.

2) Downloaded V2 of the patch and unzipped it before I copied the files to the correct TITLE folder overwriting the code.ips file that was originally there.

And yet, the menus are still in Japanese, as if I'm using the older patch.

I definitely have the v2 zip (I've never downloaded the older one) so I'm wondering if the files are wrong, or if I've somehow botched the process.

Thoughts?
When I did it there was nothing to overwrite. I created the title folder (000400000005DA00) myself in "luma/titles/" and dropped the v2 files in it. You might try just starting fresh and deleting everything in the title folder and dropping the "romfs" folder and "code.ips" in it again. Also, you might want to double-check that you have Game Patching enabled in luma.

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
When I did it there was nothing to overwrite. I created the title folder (000400000005DA00) myself in "luma/titles/" and dropped the v2 files in it. You might try just starting fresh and deleting everything in the title folder and dropping the "romfs" folder and "code.ips" in it again. Also, you might want to double-check that you have Game Patching enabled in luma.
i checked titles folder it was absent even after i let game to create new save file

SpyderZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's cool. I'm just stupid. -.- I have previously installed a translation for Rocket Slime 3, and for some reason I decided Not to actually look at the full TITLE ID when trying to figure this out, so I thought the folder for That game was a FFI Folder created when I installed FFI. Thankfully overwriting that didn't corrupt my saves for Rocket Slime, as I would have been doubly upset at that point.

It actually works brilliantly when you RTFM&FTDD. ;P

I'll take my shame and go now. -.-

i checked titles folder it was absent even after i let game to create new save file

Hey, now that I've discovered where I went wrong, I can point you in the right direction. You need to Create this folder (000400000005DA00) since it won't be there in the Titles folder (SD:/luma/titles/) unless you do. Then you copy those files into it. After that the game boots up in English just fine. ;P

You can watch this guy do it if you're still having issues:

Last edited by SpyderZ,
Reactions: qhost

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-